Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

NMU continues their Jekyll & Hyde 2016-17 season this weekend vs MTU????

It's amazing that NMU is still in the Playoff hunt with a (11-19-4) record this season.... At least there's hope that NMU could advance in the post-season if they can secure a WCHA Playoff spot.... Best case scenario is NMU sweeping MTU and writing their own ticket into the WCHA Playoffs and the worse case scenario is NMU getting swept by MTU and Alabama-Huntsville winning one game vs Bowling Green and by-passing NNU for the final 8th place Playoff spot.
    Last edited by DonorRoomDrinker; 02-23-2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Well by the looks of it we either go to Bemidji, go to Tech or go home. Liked the effort tonight, but way too many penalties. Hope to see more discipline in Houghton tomorrow. And preferably a win. I believe that's six straight for the Huskies against NMU.

Comment

• Re: Northern Michigan University Wildcats 2016-17 Season Thread: Gotta Get Up And Try

Originally posted by NMU Fan View Post
        Well by the looks of it we either go to Bemidji, go to Tech or go home. Liked the effort tonight, but way too many penalties. Hope to see more discipline in Houghton tomorrow. And preferably a win. I believe that's six straight for the Huskies against NMU.
        NMU had Tech on their heels all 3rd but not creative enough play

Comment

That officiating crew was awful. They called every BS penalty against NMU and we're letting Tech get away with murder. NMU fought hard... especially in the 3rd. I was raising hell in the stands. Packed house. Cats need a W tonight.
          Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
            That officiating crew was awful. They called every BS penalty against NMU and we're letting Tech get away with murder. NMU fought hard... especially in the 3rd. I was raising hell in the stands. Packed house. Cats need a W tonight.
            Really thought they were bad both ways

Comment

• Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
              NMU got away with a few.
              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by noremorse1 View Post
                You're kidding right? That was one of the better officiated games I've seen in awhile.
                2005-2006: 7-25-6
                2006-2007: 18-17-5
                2007-2008: 14-20-5
                2008-2009: 6-25-7
                2009-2010: 5-30-1

Comment

Cats make the post season!!!
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Oh, swell. We get to go to Houghton again. I would have preferred Bemidji. But at least we are in!

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                      Oh, swell. We get to go to Houghton again. I would have preferred Bemidji. But at least we are in!
                      Umm, you are going to Bemidji.

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                        Umm, you are going to Bemidji.
                        I thought NMU had the tiebreaker on LSSU.

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                          I thought NMU had the tiebreaker on LSSU.
                          Only applies when there is a tie.

Look at official standings, LSSU is 7 with 35 points, NMU is 8 with 34, LSSU heades to Houghton, NMU heads to Bemidji.

http://www.wcha.com/men/standings.php

Comment

oops, double post

Comment

• Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                              You're kidding right? That was one of the better officiated games I've seen in awhile.
                              There were two calls that were not made that really got me ****ed. Walt looked pretty hot too.

I was next to the penalty box and was smashing the glass like a fool. Heard I made the broadcast... lol.
                              Go Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by bose301s View Post
                                Only applies when there is a tie.

Look at official standings, LSSU is 7 with 35 points, NMU is 8 with 34, LSSU heades to Houghton, NMU heads to Bemidji.

http://www.wcha.com/men/standings.php
                                My bad. I thought LSSU was only one point ahead going into tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X