2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Did you notice what happened at the Colgate vs ASU game this last weekend. some really bad blood at the end of the game there. couldn't even shake hands. I don't think Colgate is a dirty team but they sure took exception to how ASU played the game.
    http://www.statepress.com/article/20...eeping-colgate
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      Did you notice what happened at the Colgate vs ASU game this last weekend. some really bad blood at the end of the game there. couldn't even shake hands. I don't think Colgate is a dirty team but they sure took exception to how ASU played the game.
      ASU had a penalty-filled game against Notre Dame, too. http://collegehockeystats.net/1617/boxes/masundm1.o07

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

It's been two weeks so its time for another Recruiting Grounds. This week, I focused on the World Junior A Challenge Tournament which starts up Sunday. The WCHA has had quite a few recruits play in the Tournament over the years. Learn more about the event and the College connections here: Recruiting Grounds: WJAC
        Last edited by Shirtless Guy; 12-07-2016, 01:46 PM.
        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

I can't believe Colgate even agreed to play games in that dump known as Oceanside Arena. Place makes the old Ohio State Ice Rink look like Ralph Englestadt Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
            If it wasn't for the Princeton series, I'd be with Moose and others, but that just shows me that just ells me that the Lakers could split next weekend, hell anchorage could take some points after a draining series with UMD, not to mention despite doing well against MTU, MSU, and BGSU, they still have to play ALL of them again. The team is good, but Bitzer is what makes them great...
            I agree with you on this, but part of me hopes BSU gets the 1 seed, and it sets up a Tech-BSU championship game in Bemidji so I can actually travel to watch the game.
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

BGSU received a $2 million donation for naming rights to the arena. http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2016/12/bg...slater-family/
              Co-Founder/Editor of BGSUHockey.com

Comment

From the Bg thread, the jerks at the NCHC are now looking to add BGSU? and actually called them up to see if they wanted to come over?
                But oh they are looking out for the good of college hockey. oh sure they are.
                If I were the league i'd be letting it be known what they think.
                MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by BGDrew View Post
                  BGSU received a $2 million donation for naming rights to the arena.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                  From the Bg thread, the jerks at the NCHC are now looking to add BGSU? and actually called them up to see if they wanted to come over?
                  Is it just coincidence or does now sound like a good time for the WCHA to implement a $2M exit fee?
                  Ryan J
                  Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                  https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                  Originally posted by geezer
                  Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                  Originally posted by manurespreader
                  ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                    What we know:
                    - There wasn't an atlas or working internet connection to Google Maps within 50 miles of the city limits of Oxford, Ohio when NoDak and Denver convinced them to form the Motel 6 conference.
                    - NCHC officials burned all the maps in Kalamazoo county and disconnected WMU's internet before calling WMU to accept them into the conference.
                    - Miami and WMU made rumblings that they weren't expecting so much travel (see first two items).
                    - Exit fee to leave NCHC costs $Texas. And the blood of their first born mascots.
                    - BGSU is the lone Division 1 MAC school not playing in the NCHC.
                    - BGSU has made it well known that they're holding the CCHA history and could flip a switch to make them active again, but they can't get their MAC brothers away from the NCHC.

Thus, we can conclude that BGSU is entertaining the NCHC and vise-versa.

This isn't news.

What should be worrying is that BGSU is the only goddammed full Division 1 school in the WCHA, and if they pull up their tent stakes the WCHA loses their seat at the "big boys" NCAA D1 Hockey table.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
                      Is it just coincidence or does now sound like a good time for the WCHA to implement a $2M exit fee?
                      Ryan J
                      I really don't see that passing a simple majority vote of the league schools. Only way I see it passing is if the current member schools get a pass or at worst a slap on the wrist for leaving.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                        What should be worrying is that BGSU is the only goddammed full Division 1 school in the WCHA, and if they pull up their tent stakes the WCHA loses their seat at the "big boys" NCAA D1 Hockey table.
                        That is an issue easily remedied by adding Robert Morris. Yes, that makes travel worse, but it is potential option, if that seat is as important as everyone seems to think.
                        Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Meaning what? This got put to the test last year with the Big Ten's ridiculous overage freshman rule, and the WCHA had zero power to stop it. It would have passed if the Big Ten schools had wanted to push it through; they ultimately didn't because it was so unpopular within the sport. The whole "having a seat at the table thing" is obscure NCAA rulebook trivia more than anything.
                          Originally posted by dicaslover
                          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            That is an issue easily remedied by adding Robert Morris. Yes, that makes travel worse, but it is potential option, if that seat is as important as everyone seems to think.
                            I'm really not sure its that important...the WCHA is already the bastard of west, having a seat at the table doesn't mean they get to speak or be listened to...
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                              I'm really not sure its that important...the WCHA is already the bastard of west, having a seat at the table doesn't mean they get to speak or be listened to...
                              Yeah, I tend to agree. But it still keeps getting brought up.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

- Exit fee to leave NCHC costs $Texas. And the blood of their first born mascots.
                                That might be a problem down in Oxford... http://www.miamiredhawks.com/trads/mioh-nickname.html
                                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X