2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Only 3 teams have winning records in league play.
    Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      The players have always been behind their coach. They have not lacked for effort or heart at any point. The maturation of young players like Craighead, Beaulieu, Yaremko & Loggins, the addition of Sooth & Hannoun to the lineup and a #1 goalie, who struggled in the first half, playing better than any keeper in the country (3 straight shutouts, all with 34 or more SOG) have been some of the reasons for the turnaround
      No, I don't think that I got my point across. We've all seen losing teams quit on coaches to get them fired. This is not that kind of team. I'm happy to see it, although reading this tells me that's not a popular position in MQT.

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        No, I don't think that I got my point across. We've all seen losing teams quit on coaches to get them fired. This is not that kind of team. I'm happy to see it, although reading this tells me that's not a popular position in MQT.

GFM
        I can guarantee that there are "fans" out there that don't want this winning streak or a good playoff run. They want a change and they want to bring in someone with a much worse record.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidsCity View Post
          I can guarantee that there are "fans" out there that don't want this winning streak or a good playoff run. They want a change and they want to bring in someone with a much worse record.
          I'm with dave on this one. Just as an outsider, I can understand the frustration, but I also understand how much a great players' absence can influence your success. It's a tough business. I feel for a lot of these teams who have suffered for so long. Right now a lot of the teams in this league are playing well and picking a favorite to win the playoffs is impossible. I just wish we could have won more non conference games earlier in the year.
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
            Only 3 teams have winning records in league play.
            Embarrassing.
            LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Congratulations ot NMU the CHN team of the week.

Comment

Friday night update - if the playoffs started now:

(8)NMU at (1)Bemidji
                (7)LSSU at (2)Tech
                (6)Alaska at (3)MnSt
                (5)Ferris at (4)BGSU

UAH, UAA eliminated
                Last edited by John J. MacInnes; 02-11-2017, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                  Friday night update - if the playoffs started now:

(8)NMU at (1)Bemidji
                  (7)LSSU at (2)Tech
                  (6)Alaska at (3)MnSt
                  (5)Ferris at (4)BGSU

UAH, USA eliminated
                  USA, I mean were flattered with the amount of Army and Air Force presence up here. And it's not the typical ACC, so I assume your drunk?
                  Just to be clear. My disinterest in this team became of the Uni's disinterest. Without the success of the hockey team, the other teams would not be where they are. Way to pay back the hockey team. **** UAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by AKSWF View Post
                    USA, I mean were flattered with the amount of Army and Air Force presence up here. And it's not the typical ACC, so I assume your drunk?
                    Or spell checked.
                    "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

The fire Walt Kyle talk is now officially dead for the season. Nice turnaround for NMU which you obviously have to credit Kyle for.
                      LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                        The fire Walt Kyle talk is now officially dead for the season. Nice turnaround for NMU which you obviously have to credit Kyle for.
                        I'm having a hard time posting coherent sentences, but is my reading *****ed up too? Walt Kyle fired? Walt Kyle gave a fiery talk to no avail? Wat?

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                          Or spell checked.
                          That's the right answer.

Comment

With 2 weekends to go, predict the two teams who will not make the WCHA playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by John J. MacInnes View Post
                              With 2 weekends to go, predict the two teams who will not make the WCHA playoffs.
                              Well considering the team currently in 10th could finish tied for 4th two weeks from now, I'm not ready to make any predictions. We will know very little until two Sundays from now. That being said, UAA and UAH have the odds against them. UAH only has two games left and UAA is four points back of the teams they will have to pass.
                              Ryan
                              Last edited by JohnsonsJerseys; 02-12-2017, 11:02 AM.
                              Preserving Michigan Tech's Hockey History
                              https://www.johnsonsjerseys.net
                              Originally posted by geezer
                              Tech has the best of everything, even the best jersey nerd.
                              Originally posted by manurespreader
                              ...I really enjoyed listening to Ryan Johnson. He sounded intelligent.

Comment

To me it's Anchorage and Huntsville, but it's so close. Still anchorage needs a sweep in one of the next two series and Huntsville needs a sweep in their one remaining. Huntsville has been playing better lately but I think that losing streak in mid season really hurt them.

Comment

Working...
                                X