My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
      Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

GFM
      I wish my gut had your gut reaction. My heart says Beaver Sweep though. BSU needs to find the scoring touch they had in the first part of the schedule.
      Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
      FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
      NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
      NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
      NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
      NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
      Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
        I wish my gut had your gut reaction. My heart says Beaver Sweep though. BSU needs to find the scoring touch they had in the first part of the schedule.
        Tech should have blown UAH out and didn't.

GFM
        Geof F. Morris
        UAH BSE MAE 2002
        UAHHockey.com

Comment

Tech should have blown UAH out and didn't.

GFM
          Hopefully there was a bit of looking past UAH, in anticipation of the BSU series...
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            Hopefully there was a bit of looking past UAH, in anticipation of the BSU series...
            Mental game, mental discipline, hope they learned

Comment

GFM
              Your gut reaction and your numbers aren't matching (somewhat common I suppose). We (BSU) continue to defend well, but are having trouble scoring. Your numbers seem more probable to me. I am pulling for your gut reaction to come to fruition. Tech is as good as that other Husky team that beat us 2-1 on a neutral site last week. And we are not known for a significant home ice advantage. Tech seems to be on the move, where we seem to be coasting. I hope that all changes. I will be there and don't want to leave in bad humor. Go Beavers!

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                Your gut reaction and your numbers aren't matching (somewhat common I suppose).
                This is, of course, a reason for starting this.

GFM
                Geof F. Morris
                UAH BSE MAE 2002
                UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post

GFM
                  GF ... you went South on the Huskies ... for the Beavers?!?

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                    Well, you gotta go south for the Beavers.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by lawdoggies View Post
                      Beef has gone from rare to medium rare (my preferred temperature) to perhaps medium-well. 19 of his 40 GA have come in 2017, with only one of those games against at top-15 offense by GF/G (WMU). He's been very good this year, no doubt, but if Huntsville can drop six goals on him in 40 shots, well...

GFM
                      Geof F. Morris
                      UAH BSE MAE 2002
                      UAHHockey.com

Comment

GFM
                        Sometimes you just got to go with your gut.

Comment

GFM
                          Geoff: I appreciate your gut reaction of a BSU sweep when the computer model showed that probability at a mere 8%. It is my hope that next weekend, you will not have a similar gut reaction when UAH has an 8% chance of sweeping and that gut reaction would come to fruition.
                          Last edited by Andrew J Carter; 02-04-2017, 10:21 PM. Reason: word added

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
                            Geoff: I appreciate your gut reaction of a BSU sweep when the computer model showed that probability at a mere 8%. It is my hope that next weekend, you will not have a similar gut reaction when UAH has an 8% chance of sweeping and that gut reaction would come to fruition.
                            I haven't put the numbers in yet, but it'll look a lot like Tech-UAH last weekend, and no, I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

Let's just put it this way: BELOW thinks that Northern Michigan is exactly as good of a team as Bowling Green is. What a wayward season for the Ohio crowd, and what a run here by the Wildcats. The boys must like their coach enough to keep him employed.

GFM
                            Geof F. Morris
                            UAH BSE MAE 2002
                            UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                              I haven't put the numbers in yet, but it'll look a lot like Tech-UAH last weekend, and no, I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

Let's just put it this way: BELOW thinks that Northern Michigan is exactly as good of a team as Bowling Green is. What a wayward season for the Ohio crowd, and what a run here by the Wildcats. The boys must like their coach enough to keep him employed.

GFM
                              The players have always been behind their coach. They have not lacked for effort or heart at any point. The maturation of young players like Craighead, Beaulieu, Yaremko & Loggins, the addition of Sooth & Hannoun to the lineup and a #1 goalie, who struggled in the first half, playing better than any keeper in the country (3 straight shutouts, all with 34 or more SOG) have been some of the reasons for the turnaround
                              Last edited by davyd83; 02-05-2017, 12:18 PM.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                The players have always been behind their coach. They have not lacked for effort or heart at any point. The maturation of young players like Craighead, Beaulieu, Yaremko & Loggins, the addition of Sooth & Hannoun to the lineup and a #1 goalie, who struggled in the first half, playing better than any keeper in the country (3 straight shutouts, all with 34 or more SOG) have been some of the reasons for the turnaround
                                But shhhhh. Facts aren't what the MQT locals want to paint their personal bias with.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X