Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
Results 461 to 480 of 541

Thread: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

  1. #461

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    I've learned the show was only good with Mark, quiet quiet Mark. With Nikki & Chad it was alright, now just Bob & Chad it is unlistenable. I fired up the KWHL app a month ago and got through five minutes, only because of a BIG concert announcement, for some band I've never heard of, at Koots. That was the nail in the coffin for me. Reminded me of that Bob & Tom show. I can just imagine how the Aces games are now.
    When I was at UAF they simulcast the Bob and Mark show on 104.7 in Fairbanks...it was actually funny in those days. Crude, but funny. Then 100.5 in Anchorage gave them the boot after enough of the crude part and brought in Woody and Wilcox, who were funnier than B&M (and have since gone national). B&M were never all that funny after they moved to KWHL and couldnt be as crude. Some of the bits B&M broadcast 15-20 years ago would cause an uproar in today's world.

    Now I just listen to Pandora or sports radio. I think radio is about to face the same issues that newspapers have been dealing with for the last decade, especially stations with a music format.

  2. #462
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well There are a few schools in our league that would kill for a rink as nice as yours.
    You haven't been in the press box or locker rooms. Thankfully we've gotten back to equal billing with the local SPHL franchise rather than getting shafted. The Huntsville Hockey logo at center ice was very, very, very well received by the community, especially those of us Charger fans.

    Also, the VBC is too **** big for us and has been for 15 years.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  3. #463
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by manurespreader View Post
    Well There are a few schools in our league that would kill for a rink as nice as yours.
    Maybe Anchorage. The main body of the Fairbanks arena would be comparable, but the player facilities are far superior in Alaska. I love making the trips to Huntsville & Anchorage, but their rinks are on the bottom of the list overall.

  4. #464
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Alaxsxaq
    Posts
    856

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnsonsJerseys View Post
    Central WI... ahh, not so much. They had BOTH of those shows as part of the local morning line-up.
    Ryan
    Ugh.


    Quote Originally Posted by Squarebanks View Post
    When I was at UAF they simulcast the Bob and Mark show on 104.7 in Fairbanks...it was actually funny in those days. Crude, but funny. Then 100.5 in Anchorage gave them the boot after enough of the crude part and brought in Woody and Wilcox, who were funnier than B&M (and have since gone national). B&M were never all that funny after they moved to KWHL and couldnt be as crude. Some of the bits B&M broadcast 15-20 years ago would cause an uproar in today's world.

    Now I just listen to Pandora or sports radio. I think radio is about to face the same issues that newspapers have been dealing with for the last decade, especially stations with a music format.
    I believe 100.5 had Bob & Tom and then switched to Woody and Wilcox, can't think of another FM station that would carry Bob & Tom here in ANC. Everything is changing; Pandora/Spotify/Apple Music/iPods/heck even cd's are being used more than the radio in my friends cars, there's maybe a handful of my college friends that have cable/a dish provider, newspaper hah! If there is a way without ads we gobble it up, not realizing what we are giving up in the process but I digress.

    Without a split when MSU comes to town, I fear our playoff hopes are gone. Northern can very easily leave us hanging in last place.
    “At the end of the day, the Gov Cup is just a trophy,” UAA senior Jordan Kwas said. “I’d rather be in the Final Five every time over winning the Gov Cup.”

    Matt Thomas' Record
    (2013-14) 18-16-4
    (2014-15) 8-22-4
    (2015-16) 11-20-3
    (2016-17) 7-21-6
    (Total) 44-79-17

    2016-17 Word(s) of the Season: Medicore coaching for 24 years due to administration

  5. #465

    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    45.52 N, 122.67 W
    Posts
    2,934
    Quote Originally Posted by AKSWF View Post
    Ugh.




    I believe 100.5 had Bob & Tom and then switched to Woody and Wilcox, can't think of another FM station that would carry Bob & Tom here in ANC. Everything is changing; Pandora/Spotify/Apple Music/iPods/heck even cd's are being used more than the radio in my friends cars, there's maybe a handful of my college friends that have cable/a dish provider, newspaper hah! If there is a way without ads we gobble it up, not realizing what we are giving up in the process but I digress.

    Without a split when MSU comes to town, I fear our playoff hopes are gone. Northern can very easily leave us hanging in last place.
    You guys are only five points back, and Huntsville has a tougher schedule the rest of the way. I wouldn't give up hope.

  6. #466
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  7. #467
    beaverhockeyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Garfield and Bemidji State, MN
    Posts
    3,804

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    I wish my gut had your gut reaction. My heart says Beaver Sweep though. BSU needs to find the scoring touch they had in the first part of the schedule.
    Millsy

    NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!


    "Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

    BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

  8. #468
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
    I wish my gut had your gut reaction. My heart says Beaver Sweep though. BSU needs to find the scoring touch they had in the first part of the schedule.
    Tech should have blown UAH out and didn't.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  9. #469
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,752

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Tech should have blown UAH out and didn't.

    GFM
    Hopefully there was a bit of looking past UAH, in anticipation of the BSU series...
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  10. #470
    Really??!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Great white north
    Posts
    1,773

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    Hopefully there was a bit of looking past UAH, in anticipation of the BSU series...
    Mental game, mental discipline, hope they learned

  11. #471
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Frostbite Falls MN
    Posts
    147

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    Your gut reaction and your numbers aren't matching (somewhat common I suppose). We (BSU) continue to defend well, but are having trouble scoring. Your numbers seem more probable to me. I am pulling for your gut reaction to come to fruition. Tech is as good as that other Husky team that beat us 2-1 on a neutral site last week. And we are not known for a significant home ice advantage. Tech seems to be on the move, where we seem to be coasting. I hope that all changes. I will be there and don't want to leave in bad humor. Go Beavers!

  12. #472
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
    Your gut reaction and your numbers aren't matching (somewhat common I suppose).
    This is, of course, a reason for starting this.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  13. #473
    sitting by the river lawdoggies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    WCCHA Land
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    GF ... you went South on the Huskies ... for the Beavers?!?

  14. #474
    Armed bigblue_dl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    31,752

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    GF ... you went South on the Huskies ... for the Beavers?!?
    Well, you gotta go south for the Beavers.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

    RIP - Kirby

  15. #475
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by lawdoggies View Post
    GF ... you went South on the Huskies ... for the Beavers?!?
    Beef has gone from rare to medium rare (my preferred temperature) to perhaps medium-well. 19 of his 40 GA have come in 2017, with only one of those games against at top-15 offense by GF/G (WMU). He's been very good this year, no doubt, but if Huntsville can drop six goals on him in 40 shots, well...

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  16. #476
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    North East of Nymore
    Posts
    35

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    Sometimes you just got to go with your gut.

  17. #477
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Frostbite Falls MN
    Posts
    147

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Anything is possible: http://blog.wchaplayoffs.com/2017/02...ji-state-1642/

    My gut reaction is that BSU sweeps.

    GFM
    Geoff: I appreciate your gut reaction of a BSU sweep when the computer model showed that probability at a mere 8%. It is my hope that next weekend, you will not have a similar gut reaction when UAH has an 8% chance of sweeping and that gut reaction would come to fruition.
    Last edited by Andrew J Carter; 02-04-2017 at 11:21 PM. Reason: word added

  18. #478
    gfmorris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Madison, AL, USA
    Posts
    7,594

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew J Carter View Post
    Geoff: I appreciate your gut reaction of a BSU sweep when the computer model showed that probability at a mere 8%. It is my hope that next weekend, you will not have a similar gut reaction when UAH has an 8% chance of sweeping and that gut reaction would come to fruition.
    I haven't put the numbers in yet, but it'll look a lot like Tech-UAH last weekend, and no, I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

    Let's just put it this way: BELOW thinks that Northern Michigan is exactly as good of a team as Bowling Green is. What a wayward season for the Ohio crowd, and what a run here by the Wildcats. The boys must like their coach enough to keep him employed.

    GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

  19. #479
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Marquette, MI
    Posts
    6,161
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    I haven't put the numbers in yet, but it'll look a lot like Tech-UAH last weekend, and no, I don't have a good feeling about it at all.

    Let's just put it this way: BELOW thinks that Northern Michigan is exactly as good of a team as Bowling Green is. What a wayward season for the Ohio crowd, and what a run here by the Wildcats. The boys must like their coach enough to keep him employed.

    GFM
    The players have always been behind their coach. They have not lacked for effort or heart at any point. The maturation of young players like Craighead, Beaulieu, Yaremko & Loggins, the addition of Sooth & Hannoun to the lineup and a #1 goalie, who struggled in the first half, playing better than any keeper in the country (3 straight shutouts, all with 34 or more SOG) have been some of the reasons for the turnaround
    Last edited by davyd83; 02-05-2017 at 01:18 PM.

  20. #480

    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Living from my car
    Posts
    20,772

    Re: 2016-2017 WCHA Season Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    The players have always been behind their coach. They have not lacked for effort or heart at any point. The maturation of young players like Craighead, Beaulieu, Yaremko & Loggins, the addition of Sooth & Hannoun to the lineup and a #1 goalie, who struggled in the first half, playing better than any keeper in the country (3 straight shutouts, all with 34 or more SOG) have been some of the reasons for the turnaround
    But shhhhh. Facts aren't what the MQT locals want to paint their personal bias with.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

    Live Radio from 100.3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •