Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Cross contamination. The way they package meat at target it actually had two seals. One for vapor and one for liquid. It's stupid to worry about cross contamination for meat like that.

I never have problems in the parking lot. It only seems to be on he stairs at home. And only a couple times a year.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I don't want some dam kid bagging my groceries. They end up packing them in six bags when one or two will suffice. It's the worst.
      You should see their look of perplexity when you bring a box with you.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        I forgot about those. I used to be one of those kids that collected them for the quarters
        When I was a kid they bagged them, put them in a crate, rolled it down the runners. You drove up, said your number and they loaded them in your car. you tipped the guy who did that.
        I used to do the same thing. Now I stick to one cart as I go into the store, and if someone's walking in, they'll get it for the same price (in the hopes they pass it along just like Tim Horton's where some pay for the next dude).

When I worked at a grocery store, there were still people that would carry your order to your vehicle upon request. Obviously the person is off doing other things.

Comment

Calling this one a gear "grinder" might be overstating things a bit, it is more like a minor annoyance, but still....

When a leaf stem or a maple seed gets stuck under the blade of the windshield wiper and you don't notice it when you first start up the car....then after you've been driving awhile and it starts to rain and you turn on the wipers and you get that streak across the middle of your field of vision every time the wiper goes back and forth....
          Last edited by FreshFish; 10-24-2016, 11:52 AM.
          "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

I get that the Cubs are the hot thing in Chicago right now. But as a Sox fan, I'm sick of anyone and everyone taking a sh*t on the Sox's 2005 WS Title...

Several times today I've seen stories talk about how this is the first time in 71 years that the WS has involved Chicago. Nooooooo.... It's the 1st time the WS has involved the Cubs. The city got to host two WS games in '05. How about you clarify this in your blatant, bandwagon riding cash grab
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              I get that the Cubs are the hot thing in Chicago right now. But as a Sox fan, I'm sick of anyone and everyone taking a sh*t on the Sox's 2005 WS Title...

Several times today I've seen stories talk about how this is the first time in 71 years that the WS has involved Chicago. Nooooooo.... It's the 1st time the WS has involved the Cubs. The city got to host two WS games in '05. How about you clarify this in your blatant, bandwagon riding cash grab
              Well it isnt new...remember how no one cared about the Blackhawks for years

The problem is people outside of Chicago love the Cubs...most people in Chicago dont like the Sox
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It really grinds my gears that one of Flaggy's friends of 4chan is spamming the board...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  It really grinds my gears that one of Flaggy's friends of 4chan is spamming the board...
                  I'm not sure I quite understand this... I don't use 4chan...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    I'm not sure I quite understand this... I don't use 4chan...
                    You might not but one of your 12 other personalities does
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Why do television play by play announcers have to describe every piece of the action like they're doing radio? I KNOW it's a groundball to SS. I KNOW the puck is in the corner. Maybe that's why I like British soccer announcers. They don't talk much.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                        Why do television play by play announcers have to describe every piece of the action like they're doing radio? I KNOW it's a groundball to SS. I KNOW the puck is in the corner. Maybe that's why I like British soccer announcers. They don't talk much.
                        It's called "play by play" for a reason...

I am, however, in favor of Joe Buck talking less...
                        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                        Originally posted by Quizmire
                        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Soccer announcers don't talk as much because its soccer, there isn't anything to talk about.
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Probably because they got their start in radio and do what comes naturally. Or in some cases (such as the Buffalo Sabres, or a lot of the college hockey productions), they simulcast the radio presentation with the picture, so you have two different audiences.

Comment

Someone just backed into one of my cars. Of course it had to be the newest, the 2016 with under 13000 miles.

< bleep > < bleep > < bleep > < bleepity > < bleep > < bleep > < bleeping > < bleep > < bleeper > < bleepard > !!!!

The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I hold a great deal of knowledge about a few of our processing systems. A user of one system asked for a trade record to be moved from a status she assigned in error to something else. When I reviewed the trade record in question I found that the record had never moved from its default status. There is no way to go from the errant status in the system to its default status. So I informed the user that she provided me with bad record data, and wrote into the log that we keep that I said as much to her. Today I received word from my boss that the manager of the woman with the error took offense to me reporting in the log that I was provided with bad data and could have been falsely assuming that the user was at fault for providing me bad data.

tl;dr: When the ignorant hold sway over the knowledgeable...
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X