Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

lubba wubba dub dub

Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Reese's everything
    M&M's Peanut Butter
    Heath/Skor
    Twix
    Skittles
    Starburst
    Baby Ruth
    Pay Day
    Whatchamacallit (not sure they still exist)
    Grand Bar
    Snickers
    Butterfinger

What were the ones that came shaped like a sawed off pyramid?
    Whatchamacallits still exist. They're popular in certain regions, but they should be popular every where because they're awesome.

Are you talking about Rolos or Toblerones? Otherwise I've got nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    So y'all want to kill kids with peanut allergies
    Only if they're sissies!
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

Lucia Apologist

While I feel bad for kids with peanut allergies, my list stands.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Are you talking about Rolos or Toblerones? Otherwise I've got nothing.
    Now I remember - Chunky.

I also forgot about Oh Henry!

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    We had one pre- trick or treater and one real one. That is it. Grinds my gears that no one goes out in the neighborhood. Everyone emigrates to their grandparents, or somewhere else. What happened to being in the neighborhood and seeing the neighbors?
    Ours started at 4:00 and at 4:20, I had a line of kids from my door out to the sidewalk. Unbelievable. I ran out of candy an hour before it was over.

And Take 5 is the best candy bar.

You have not enough minerals.

We don't get trick-or-treaters at our flat. Never got them when I lived in the middle of nowhere, either. Plenty of money saved.
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

My parents live in a cul-de-sac, and not many kids in the neighborhood. I think the record all-time high for trick-or-treaters was 13-14 or so. And that includes 5 kids from 2 houses next to us.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by Brenthoven View Post
    My parents live in a cul-de-sac, and not many kids in the neighborhood. I think the record all-time high for trick-or-treaters was 13-14 or so. And that includes 5 kids from 2 houses next to us.
    I grew up in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, and three cul-de-sacs placed side-by-side, connected by a street on the south side. My parents would go through 8-12 bags of candy each year until around the time I was in college, when the younger kids were finally starting to age out of going trick-or-treating and the homes were priced out of their starter status by that time.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

Women and I have an understanding. They tend to stay away from me, and I tend to understand that I'm repulsive to them. It's not my favorite understanding.

lubba wubba dub dub

Gear grinder: How my new work laptop interfaces with the docking station and peripherals attached to it. I've had this thing for almost three months now, so I've figured out most of the quirks to how the laptop fails to read things, but it's something I shouldn't have to do. I can't use the mouse's left-click button until I've first successfully used the right-click button. The scrolling wheel won't recognize the scrolling command until I press it down at least once to use as the middle-click button. Sometimes it will recognize my keyboard upon start up in the morning or re-docking throughout the day, and yet other times I have to use the laptop's keyboard to sign in past my LAN ID. Will the monitors be recognized or not this time? If so, I have to... and the list goes on and on.

Why do we keep buying corporate PCs from HP when this is not the first line of laptop models where we've had these types of issues? It's almost to the point where people are envious of those who still have their old laptops because they work as expected, even if they're a little slower and heavier.

Lucia Apologist

Is it the new Thunderbolt 3 dock? Those things blow. I love my old school dock.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Is it the new Thunderbolt 3 dock? Those things blow. I love my old school dock.
    I don't know if it has a branded name, but the device's sticker just says "HP 2013 ultra slim docking station."

Lucia Apologist

Hmm...

I know the TB3s have had major issues at work. This isn't an HP laptop thing, it's more of an HP docking station thing. The laptops are some of the best I've ever used. Far better than Dell based on stability, design, and reliability.
    Code:
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

You have not enough minerals.

Gear grinder: How my new work laptop interfaces with the docking station and peripherals attached to it. I've had this thing for almost three months now, so I've figured out most of the quirks to how the laptop fails to read things, but it's something I shouldn't have to do. I can't use the mouse's left-click button until I've first successfully used the right-click button. The scrolling wheel won't recognize the scrolling command until I press it down at least once to use as the middle-click button. Sometimes it will recognize my keyboard upon start up in the morning or re-docking throughout the day, and yet other times I have to use the laptop's keyboard to sign in past my LAN ID. Will the monitors be recognized or not this time? If so, I have to... and the list goes on and on.

Why do we keep buying corporate PCs from HP when this is not the first line of laptop models where we've had these types of issues? It's almost to the point where people are envious of those who still have their old laptops because they work as expected, even if they're a little slower and heavier.
    Dude, the Dells aren't any better (at least when running Mint 17.3).
    It was an honor to present your colors, RPI. Let's Go 'TUTE!
    May 14th, 2011, 11:00 PM ET: 2147483647

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    I'm not happy about it either, but Flag is correct (cue the Twilight Zone music!).
    Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Ahh crap I agree exactly with what FlagDude said.
    Quote Originally Posted by jericho on rpitv's chat
    I never thought I would say this, but you are right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    And yet, even if Flaggy is complete tinfoil hat, every day it looks closer and closer to the truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    So flaggy: you win.

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Dude, the Dells aren't any better (at least when running Mint 17.3).
    Is there any machine originally built to run a Windows OS that actually runs better on a Linux platform? As I recall, there would be hardware glitches due to such a transition.

Necco wafers are those sugar disks that look like giant Smarties, only they're not as tasty.
    Necco wafers from the "New England Confectionery Company", perhaps the longest continually running candy company in the US. Started in 1847 (and today's Necco wafers test as if they were made that year). And an AMEN to Circus Peanuts!!
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Not grinding my gears that I do not need to use a laptop at all fro my current job This dust confirms that technology is Satan!

lubba wubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Not grinding my gears that I do not need to use a laptop at all fro my current job This dust confirms that technology is Satan!
    Buy what about that dust over there?

speaking of technology grinds....

We have shared printers at work.
    -- some people just grab whatever is in the output tray and walk away with it, without even checking to see what pages were theirs and what pages were someone else's (i.e., mine)
    -- some people sort through the paper in the output tray, and then stick whatever isn't theirs on top of the printer, casually sticking random pages here and there without paying any attention to the original page order.

I forgot that some people are more important than others, I guess.
    "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"While I thought it was the light at the end of the tunnel, in reality it was the headlight of an oncoming train."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

Lucia Apologist

Careful what you wish for. Now we have to log in to our printers with our badges, pull the print queue, and then hit print. No more printing large documents and grab it in a few minutes.
    Code:

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Careful what you wish for. Now we have to log in to our printers with our badges, pull the print queue, and then hit print. No more printing large documents and grab it in a few minutes.
    That is what we have to do, and have had to do since I started at my company. If we print more than a certain amount of pages a quarter our department gets charged. Its part of pushing for a paper-free workplace, supposedly.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Lucia Apologist

I've wasted thousands of dollars trying to get this thing to work and having to confirm my choice of "color, single sided". Thousands.

It's a terrible cost-savings measure. It has probably cost our company millions. I wish I were exaggerating.

The biggest problem is that people don't print because they can, they print because it's a productivity enhancer. I recharge between $105 and $330+ depending on the destination. If I waste a single hour per year, I would need to print thousands of pages in color single sided every year.

Thread Information