Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I'm pretty sure SJW came along before the Snowflake term.

Regardless, when I pull out the Snowflake label, it means I'm having fun, and using it in jest, not during serious discussion.
    Social Justice Warrior has sort of come out a bit recently, in light of people finally coming to terms with Obama's "civilian force" that he announced during his first term and Soros has funded, and has shown themselves under several names. And with the groups calling for all this fighting and violence, warrior only comes to mind.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      ...in light of people finally coming to terms with Obama's "civilian force" that he announced during his first term and Soros has funded...
      Still waiting for my check from Soros.

Comment

Y'all are a bunch of snowflakes! Now, get off my lawn!!!
        Quinnipiac Bobcats
        2023 National Champions
        ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
        ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
        East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
        Northeast Regional:
        West Regional: 2015, 2021
        Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
        Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Hmm. It really is amazing how labels can morph or be manipulated. When I was a kid being an intellectual, going to college, being educated all were things to aspire to.
          Those things are still valued among humans. Among apes they were always demonized because, well, Dunning-Kruger. All that's changed is the public sphere used to have human gatekeepers and doesn't anymore, so apes now control public narratives.

If anything there is a greater percentage of humans than there was when we grew up. Natural selection favors humans in the long run as long as we can literally, physically protect ourselves from the apes. In the end, all they have is violence.

The history of the world is not that different from middle school.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Those things are still valued among humans. Among apes they were always demonized because, well, Dunning-Kruger. All that's changed is the public sphere used to have human gatekeepers and doesn't anymore, so apes now control public narratives.

If anything there is a greater percentage of humans than there was when we grew up. Natural selection favors humans in the long run as long as we can literally, physically protect ourselves from the apes. In the end, all they have is violence.

The history of the world is not that different from middle school.
            The apes however manage to vote and get control of large swaths of decision making real estate

Comment

It's funny how they always want to be friends right after ripping out your heart.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                It's funny how they always want to be friends right after ripping out your heart.
                Women suck, don't they?
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  No man can ever fully understand women - it's the 80/20 rule. Don't beat yourself up over it.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    No man can ever fully understand women - it's the 80/20 rule. Don't beat yourself up over it.
                    I chose attractive/intelligent. Guess which one of the triad I lost out on?
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I chose attractive/intelligent. Guess which one of the triad I lost out on?
                      Let's not go too far on the intelligence part there, Brent. She was studying to be a nurse and told you that pulling out was effective birth control.

Sure, you got something good out of it, but still, it's tough to be more wrong than that. From someone studying to be a nurse. Not a candy striper. A nurse. Seriously.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        Let's not go too far on the intelligence part there, Brent. She was studying to be a nurse and told you that pulling out was effective birth control.

Sure, you got something good out of it, but still, it's tough to be more wrong than that. From someone studying to be a nurse. Not a candy striper. A nurse. Seriously.
                        The birth control thing...we were smarter (sort of) than that. The ONE time we didn't.....whoops. We knew the risks, but hormones got in the way. We def used the birth control outside of that particular night. No Catholicism methods were in play.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          The birth control thing...we were smarter (sort of) than that. The ONE time we didn't.....whoops. We knew the risks, but hormones got in the way. We def used the birth control outside of that particular night. No Catholicism methods were in play.
                          Only need one little fishy. I had a patient who literally got pregnant without losing her virginity. ANd yes, I can attest she was intact still. Fishies have powerful motivation to get where they are going

Comment

Kale. I swear, all the supposed health benefits of it are a lie to get you to eat it. And I've heard if you stir coconut oil into your kale, it's easier to scrape into the trash.

And Starbucks. Had one sip of their Pike Place roast and tasted burning. Next time I go out for coffee, I'll go local.
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Pikes is one of my favorite from Starbucks. Normally I don't like Starbucks roasts but their blonde and pikes are good.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Runner's World magazine. Their nutrition articles, once upon a time, were written by registered dietitians and the occasional guest piece by Mark Bittman.

Now, their nutrition articles are "I quit X for (determined amount of time) and Y happened." Only to find out that nothing happened.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X