Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

People say all sorts of interesting things, will assume it is an adult place and behave or misbehave accordingly. ? why would anyone think it a good idea to bring a toddler to one of those? It is a place for adults. Stretching it maybe a little kid old enough to see how something is brewed on a tour but otherwise- no. (I am surprised it is allowed even some places)
    I don't get teh need to bring little kids (or dogs, pets) to places that used to be for adults/humans only. If that makes me an old foggie- I am one.
    Last edited by leswp1; 02-18-2017, 04:39 PM.

Comment

It's pretty normal to see kids in taprooms. A lot breweries actually have toys around just for kids. It's more unusual to see a taproom that doesn't allow kids like that.

Edit: this isn't a bar. Just to clear that up. It's a low key taproom at a brewery.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        It's pretty normal to see kids in taprooms. A lot breweries actually have toys around just for kids. It's more unusual to see a taproom that doesn't allow kids like that.

Edit: this isn't a bar. Just to clear that up. It's a low key taproom at a brewery.
        Obviously come from a different area. Never seen that here. Pubs with food- yes. Tap rooms- alcohol. No. People are drinking. Not a place for kids (shows you what a starched shirt I am)

Comment

LOTS of family friendly taprooms around Mpls. The one I usually go to has a big screen tv with Mario Kart hooked up to it, and lots of board games for kids and adults. Usually, it's up to the taproom, but there are some cities that forbid kids where only alcohol is served. Also, many of the taprooms have a sort of "living room" feel to them, with easy chairs and couches.

I don't mind either choice, as long as the kids are behaved.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I'm at bad weather brewery right now and there are like five kids in the side room alone. Out of about 40 people.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              LOTS of family friendly taprooms around Mpls. The one I usually go to has a big screen tv with Mario Kart hooked up to it, and lots of board games for kids and adults. Usually, it's up to the taproom, but there are some cities that forbid kids where only alcohol is served. Also, many of the taprooms have a sort of "living room" feel to them, with easy chairs and couches.

I don't mind either choice, as long as the kids are behaved.
              South Broadway in Denver has a bar called Grandma's House that is designed to look like exactly that. Cross-stitching everywhere, all kinds of old decor, old furniture, NES and SNES hooked up to an old TV, weekly Mario Kart tournaments, board games, etc.
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Sometimes they even brew a root beer for the kids. Gotta start 'em young.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                  Same here for the N/A stuff. Usually it's root beer; one place I know (Lupine for the locals) has ginger ale.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Hey! None of that stinkin' root beer!
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Same here for the N/A stuff. Usually it's root beer; one place I know (Lupine for the locals) has ginger ale.
                      I remember the KBC used to alternate between root beer and birch beer.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                        Obviously come from a different area. Never seen that here. Pubs with food- yes. Tap rooms- alcohol. No. People are drinking. Not a place for kids (shows you what a starched shirt I am)
                        I don't see much of a difference between a pub with food and a tap room with food.

Do you have family gatherings attended by children? Is there ever wine there?

I would never bring my children to a full on bar, but a tap room is a pretty low key place.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I don't see much of a difference between a pub with food and a tap room with food.

Do you have family gatherings attended by children? Is there ever wine there?

I would never bring my children to a full on bar, but a tap room is a pretty low key place.
                          Maybe taproom means something different. To me taproom is alcohol, no food. Pub has food.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                            Maybe taproom means something different. To me taproom is alcohol, no food. Pub has food.
                            That's the gray area. Taprooms cannot serve food, but they do allow food to be brought in/food trucks outside, at least in MN. Dunno exact laws for other states. IIRC, MI is the same way. It's a matter of permits/licenses/etc.

Comment

That's the gray area. Taprooms cannot serve food, but they do allow food to be brought in/food trucks outside, at least in MN. Dunno exact laws for other states. IIRC, MI is the same way. It's a matter of permits/licenses/etc.
                              I should have clarified yes. You can bring food which I guess to me would make a difference. If you bring in kids and you don't bring food it would be weird. If you bring food it's really just a picnic with a roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I should have clarified yes. You can bring food which I guess to me would make a difference. If you bring in kids and you don't bring food it would be weird. If you bring food it's really just a picnic with a roof.
                                I guess, a taproom really isn't a bar, per se.....sorta. It's really friggin' weird. Some taprooms are basically townie bars, and some are just gathering places that happen to serve beer only.

Comment

Working...
                                X