Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Ancestry auto calculates them as well
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      All of my insurance rates through amica went up by 8-10%.
      Isn't Amica only a property and life company? They should be shouting out the hills that their rates held steady, given the way the stock markets have performed for the past year.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        Isn't Amica only a property and life company? They should be shouting out the hills that their rates held steady, given the way the stock markets have performed for the past year.
        No idea. Why would their rates be flat compared to others?

But before 2017, I had never even seen a commercial for Amica. I kind of liked that they didn't advertise but through word-of-mouth. Now I see their ads on TV once or twice a week.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

No idea. Why would their rates be flat compared to others?

But before 2017, I had never even seen a commercial for Amica. I kind of liked that they didn't advertise but through word-of-mouth. Now I see their ads on TV once or twice a week.
          So long as the markets are performing well, insurance companies that are only in the property and life business will have more consistent cost structures, expected payout rates. Normally, when the stock and bond markets are performing well, they can keep their rate increases down. They tend to increase their rates more when investments haven't performed well.

Health insurers have an entirely different set of issues with which to contend, for a whole host of reasons that have been discussed elsewhere.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            So long as the markets are performing well, insurance companies that are only in the property and life business will have more consistent cost structures, expected payout rates. Normally, when the stock and bond markets are performing well, they can keep their rate increases down. They tend to increase their rates more when investments haven't performed well.

Health insurers have an entirely different set of issues with which to contend, for a whole host of reasons that have been discussed elsewhere.
            No clue. I know that Amica is still a true mutual company in that they are owned by their policy holders and get a dividend back each year if they are on a dividend policy.

http://www.amica.com/en/about-us/med...al-report.html
            Code:

Comment

USCHO mobile telling me to get another app for my phone and tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                Long press on the notification box, click Properties, and you can turn off notifications from there.
                Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

is that them waving the white flag on the forum or what? WHy would that suddenly start popping up for everyone?
                  Code:

Comment

is that them waving the white flag on the forum or what? WHy would that suddenly start popping up for everyone?
                    Some of the app stores have been purging conservative news sites, maybe I've posted stuff from Infowars and Breitbart in the forum too much.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      Tapatalk? I use it on other forums, works well
                      I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        Tapatalk? I use it on other forums, works well
                        Yeah, but to the extent possible, I prefer a clean desktop/"main screen".

Comment

" ... arson fires ... "

Whiskey-Tango-Foxtrot is arson if not a ....
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Arsons just sounds weird. Arson is listed as a noun, but I've always thought of it as an adjective. *shrugs*
                            Code:

Comment

Ungrateful people. One of my dad's friends got fired from her job and is down on her luck. She called today and said she needed some food for her and her kids. She INSISTED on Domino's. We can't do that, so we offered chicken drumsticks or ground turkey, vegetables, onions, and some potatoes, along with either some canola oil or butter. Figured I just took a new job, and working second shift, I won't be home to cook this stuff. She promptly hung up.

In contrast, I used to volunteer at the Rescue Mission Men's shelter. Those guys were happy to eat whatever was placed in front of them. And the crew in that kitchen wasn't going "this is peasant food," they worked with whatever was donated.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Pictures of your kids on Facebook? Ok.

Pictures of your kid wetting his pants at the grocery store with a puddle still at his feet? Maybe think about it before hitting "post."
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X