Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    I've considered it as well. I'm at the point now where I can barely pass the Viewmaster thingie at the DMV.
    I am nearsighted and when I was still in Michigan I did the viewmaster thing without my glasses when I renewed. Was hilarious to have my photo with glasses on, needing glasses to drive, and the license stating no restrictions (where the corrective lenses would be listed).
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• When the waiter asks how everything is... as I'm chewing my food.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Talk with your mouth full. If they get sprayed, so be it. It was their idea in the first place.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

So this new person in the office has their computer sounds blaring every time they have an error or get an email, which is frequently. I jokingly ask "Ok, who has their mute off?"

Nothing.

The pings and bells keep going, constantly. So I ask around and someone says, "Oh, it's so and so." And I say, "So and so, any chance you can mute your computer?" She asks, "So I have to hit one of the buttons on my computer?" My coworker chimes in, "Yeah, he doesn't like it when you have you computer playing sounds. So you could just hit the mute button. Or you can be your own person and do what you want."

Yeah, or you can be someone who's considerate of others in the office.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            So this new person in the office has their computer sounds blaring every time they have an error or get an email, which is frequently. I jokingly ask "Ok, who has their mute off?"

Nothing.

The pings and bells keep going, constantly. So I ask around and someone says, "Oh, it's so and so." And I say, "So and so, any chance you can mute your computer?" She asks, "So I have to hit one of the buttons on my computer?" My coworker chimes in, "Yeah, he doesn't like it when you have you computer playing sounds. So you could just hit the mute button. Or you can be your own person and do what you want."

I was doing more Ancestry (on a real kick lately) and I found a distant cousin that works with you. Well, works in the same place as you (and GE, and countless others, I know), but he is in engineering, so figured there might be a better chance you know him. Does this person with computer volume issues have my last name?
            Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Nothing.

For the second coworker there who chimed in, Operation F--- With and Pi-- Off dx: success.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                For the second coworker there who chimed in, Operation F--- With and Pi-- Off dx: success.
                https://i.ytimg.com/vi/gyHjMn2ALC4/maxresdefault.jpg
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                  I was doing more Ancestry (on a real kick lately) and I found a distant cousin that works with you. Well, works in the same place as you (and GE, and countless others, I know), but he is in engineering, so figured there might be a better chance you know him. Does this person with computer volume issues have my last name?
                  She does not. In fact, I did a quick search for your last name and didn't come up with anything.

Edit: Nix that. The search function doesn't work properly. None of their profile pictures have a neat hat though. Must be a really distant cousin.
                  Code:

Comment

She does not. In fact, I did a quick search for your last name and didn't come up with anything.

Edit: Nix that. The search function doesn't work properly. None of their profile pictures have a neat hat though. Must be a really distant cousin.
                    Not real distant, but distant. His grandpa is my great grandpa's brother, so, his dad and my grandpa are first cousins.
                    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

his dad and my grandpa are first cousins.
                      I think that makes you second cousins, once removed....
                      "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Either that or 3rd OR. Up and down are "removeds". Lateral are "first, second, etc."
                        Code:

Comment

Not real distant, but distant. His grandpa is my great grandpa's brother, so, his dad and my grandpa are first cousins.
                          Which means he and your father (or mother, I'll assume the former given the last name match) are second cousins. That would make your relation to him a second cousin once removed.

Comment

All of my insurance rates through amica went up by 8-10%.
                            Code:

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                              I think that makes you second cousins, once removed....
                              Yeah, I don't bother myself with trying to figure that stuff out. Doesn't mean much to me.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yeah, I don't bother myself with trying to figure that stuff out. Doesn't mean much to me.
                                THis. I just mumble something when asked. I have had it explained to me a bunch of times. In one ear or eye and out the other.

FTM labels all the relatives if I get desperate.

Comment

Working...
                                X