Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    Are you gonna feed the mouse Potassium Benzoate
    Man, I was just about to post that same thing.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Why do I go through so many effing doorbells?

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        Why do I go through so many effing doorbells?
        you are popular?

Comment

The automatic hand dryers at work. You have to put your hand under them *just right* to get them to come on, and then, they don't get my hands very dry. If Wal-Mart/Sam's Club was going to go green, I wish they'd get the high-powered hand dryer and be done with it.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            you are popular?
            I think it's more that they hardly get used.

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
              The automatic hand dryers at work. You have to put your hand under them *just right* to get them to come on, and then, they don't get my hands very dry. If Wal-Mart/Sam's Club was going to go green, I wish they'd get the high-powered hand dryer and be done with it.
              Some of the bathrooms have this high powered dryer that sounds like you're in the middle of flight ops on a carrier deck. Costco has these neat ones that you move your hands up and down to dry your hands. The paper towel machine is right above the dryer. Guess which one gets the most action (besides none)?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Some of the bathrooms have this high powered dryer that sounds like you're in the middle of flight ops on a carrier deck. Costco has these neat ones that you move your hands up and down to dry your hands. The paper towel machine is right above the dryer. Guess which one gets the most action (besides none)?
                Are they the Airblade dryers by Dyson? If so, you really don't want to use them. They don't fare well in when put to the sanitation test.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Are they the Airblade dryers by Dyson? If so, you really don't want to use them. They don't fare well in when put to the sanitation test.
                  Muskegon's bus terminal uses the Airblade. Meijer uses another high powered dryer called the Xelerator. Gets the job done.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

I hate those motion-sensor paper towel machines. No, my hands are not Trump-like. They are full-grown man-hands. Give me more than 3" of paper, thank you.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                      I hate those motion-sensor paper towel machines. No, my hands are not Trump-like. They are full-grown man-hands. Give me more than 3" of paper, thank you.
                      I hate those, too. Give me my effing towel - we can grow more trees, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                        I'm convinced these types (that I assume are intended to limit paper usage) actually increase paper usage. I often use two portions when one larger one would suffice.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                          I'm convinced these types (that I assume are intended to limit paper usage) actually increase paper usage. I often use two portions when one larger one would suffice.
                          This. I have found that there are usually two machines in place. My company actually sells them, I know the timing, so I two-time the machines. And repeat at least once. They are worthless in execution. Great idea, for no-touch paper towels/etc, just horrible in practice.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                            I hate those, too. Give me my effing towel - we can grow more trees, dammit!
                            Anyone remember the towels that were cloth and spun thru the machine? They outlawed them because they spread some interesting diseases.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                              Anyone remember the towels that were cloth and spun thru the machine? They outlawed them because they spread some interesting diseases.
                              I still see those around from time to time, but they're old and I'll just dry my hands on my pants instead.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                                Just like those "efficient" faucets... I waste more water with those than traditional ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X