Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    The fact that the spam threads keep popping up...good lord.

We should bring back the thread where people created posts based off of various thread titles. (mashing them together) We could have a lot of fun with that now
    How about bringing back the Haku Or Haiku thread?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      How about bringing back the Haku Or Haiku thread?
      That was a fun one too for a while...especially the Haikus ABOUT Haku
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Someone is very adamant about not going swimming in Zimbabwe.
        Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

The woman at the Federal Reserve Bank they've assigned to answer their test environment's helpdesk phone line. Not only does she possess a pure absence of product knowledge, but her hearing and memory are failing her as well.

"Hello, this is [St. Clown] from [some bank]. We're testing our Fedwire Securities processing system, but not receiving any reply messages from your system. Would you like our [identifying] information?"
          "Are you sending a Funds wire or Securities wire?"... "Do you have your [identifying] information?" ..."Hold on, please, I need to get [SME] on the phone."

Every time she answers the phone the conversation goes down the exact same way.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

The woman at the Federal Reserve Bank they've assigned to answer their test environment's helpdesk phone line. Not only does she possess a pure absence of product knowledge, but her hearing and memory are failing her as well.

"Hello, this is [St. Clown] from [some bank]. We're testing our Fedwire Securities processing system, but not receiving any reply messages from your system. Would you like our [identifying] information?"
            "Are you sending a Funds wire or Securities wire?"... "Do you have your [identifying] information?" ..."Hold on, please, I need to get [SME] on the phone."

Every time she answers the phone the conversation goes down the exact same way.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

is the double post supposed to help us understand how it is like Groundhog Day?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                is the double post supposed to help us understand how it is like Groundhog Day?
                USCHO has been buggy on my machine all day so far. This likely won't be the last double post people see of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  USCHO has been buggy on my machine all day so far. This likely won't be the last double post people see of mine.
                  Here I was giving you credit for creatively letting us understand what it felt like

Comment

Well she probably thought she was dealing with some clown from some bank.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Well she probably thought she was dealing with some clown from some bank.
                      Or she thought he was going to open fake accounts in her name...

Comment

Glad I went home for lunch today. FIrst time all year.

I heard the sump pump kick on and went outside just to check and make sure it was running. Glad I did. It wasn't. So I got into the crawl space unscrewed the union to make sure it was pumping and it wasn't.
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Bad news: sump pump doesn't work I discovered at lunch
                          Good news: the exact replacement sump pump I want is in stock and on sale for $40 less than normal.
                          Bad news: it requires modifying the piping and I need to buy the parts.
                          Good news: On a whim I decide to double check the existing pump to make sure it is actually broken by testing it in my washer sink.
                          Bad news: I almost hit the ceiling with water discharge and water is now everywhere.
                          Good news: the pump still works and I have a solid backup option.
                          Bad news: I have a mouse living in the basement
                          Good news: I found out that there's a mouse living in the basement so I can kill it.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Good news: the exact replacement sump pump I want is in stock and on sale for $40 less than normal.
                            Good news: On a whim I decide to double check the existing pump to make sure it is actually broken by testing it in my washer sink.
                            Bad news: I almost hit the ceiling with water discharge and water is now everywhere.
                            Good news: I found out that there's a mouse living in the basement so I can kill it.
                            Don't tell PETA
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                              Are you gonna feed the mouse Potassium Benzoate
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                                Are you gonna feed the mouse Potassium Benzoate
                                You're the second person to ask me that.

I had forgotten about that reference. I was quickly reminded of it.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X