Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I've only ever had one company get back to me with a negative response, it was for a job with an insurance company's operation's division in St. Paul. The rest just stop responding when they're not interested. If anything, a lack of response after an interview speaks more of the company than anything else. You know the people there wouldn't have valued you in the least.
    See, I never even got an acknowledgment from a person. I received all the canned "Your resume has been uploaded to our service" and "You have applied for this job" confirmation e-mails, but nothing more than that.

Now that I think about it, I did have one company give me three interviews. Never heard back after the second interview for one job and the first interview (which came after the other two) for a second job.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

RING!
      Me: "Hello?"
      Them: "Hello. I'm from ______ and this call is recorded."
      Me: "I do not want this call to be recorded."

Ok, if I do not give my consent, they have to turn off the recorder, right? Are there penalties if they don't?
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
        RING!

Ok, if I do not give my consent, they have to turn off the recorder, right? Are there penalties if they don't?
        Depends on the state...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

RING!

Depends. Some states they don't even have to tell you they are recording, because it's legal as long as the recording party is part of the conversation or is doing so with the consent of one party of the conversation.

My guess would be, even in states that require both parties consent, they're still ok because they told you and you have knowledge of the recording at that point. Your recourse would be to hang up. I can't guarantee that, though, since I don't know all states' wiretapping laws.
          Last edited by unofan; 09-28-2016, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Cause. People using "cause" in place of "because" because they're too lazy to type out the full word. They're two different words and they have two different meanings. Friggin' internet.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Cause. People using "cause" in place of "because" because they're too lazy to type out the full word. They're two different words and they have two different meanings. Friggin' internet.
              Would 'cause be acceptable?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                The GPA requirements alone for some of these positions has become absurd. I have always hated GPA as the primary measure of the person. I get you have to cut, but it's a terrible way to make the first cut.
                People who hire want experience. When you don't have anything to go on there, you have to turn to GPA. It's pretty sad, I'll agree, but how else do you judge an entry level?

Comment

Would 'cause be acceptable?
                  I don't like it, but it doesn't irritate me.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

RING!

They do not have to turn it off. Same reason why charges of cops being recorded get thrown out in court.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                      Depends on the state...
                      Even dual-consents are starting to get overturned by federal courts. Just look at the cases where people film cops.

Comment

The Senate overrode a veto today by 97-1. The missing two votes? Sanders and Kaine. They were out campaigning for Clinton.

This grinds my gears (and I've complained the same in ND state politics against both parties):

I'm tired of elected officials getting a paycheck, but not doing their job, instead being out on the campaign trail for themself or others.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

RING!

if I do not give my consent, they have to turn off the recorder, right?
                          11 states require 2-party consent. They don't have to call you on a non-recorded line but you can terminate the call if you want (or they will after you've notified them). But why would you want them to not record? It's for your protection more than their own.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                            The Senate overrode a veto today by 97-1. The missing two votes? Sanders and Kaine. They were out campaigning for Clinton.

This grinds my gears (and I've complained the same in ND state politics against both parties):

I'm tired of elected officials getting a paycheck, but not doing their job, instead being out on the campaign trail for themself or others.
                            "I was too busy trying to keep my job that I forgot to do my job." -- The American President

Comment

why?

'cuz
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Our battery-powered cart pushing assistant has two issues that grind my gears:

1. The power doesn't turn off when you turn the key off. Had to help a member with a carry-out today, and the battery drained out.
                                2. And the battery has a "memory" as you say. Doesn't even last an hour between chargings.
                                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Working...
                                X