Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
    So y'all want to kill kids with peanut allergies

Won't somebody think of the children?!?!?!?!?
    We're also going to give them gluten and GMOs.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Crunch bars
      Snickers
      Hershey's chocolate
      Milky Ways
      Kit Kat

11 bags total. 3 bags left over.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

When your bun length hot dog is longer than the bun.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

We had one pre- trick or treater and one real one. That is it. Grinds my gears that no one goes out in the neighborhood. Everyone emigrates to their grandparents, or somewhere else. What happened to being in the neighborhood and seeing the neighbors?

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
            We had one pre- trick or treater and one real one. That is it. Grinds my gears that no one goes out in the neighborhood. Everyone emigrates to their grandparents, or somewhere else. What happened to being in the neighborhood and seeing the neighbors?
            In this day and age:

Hey, kids, today we are going to go to strangers' houses and take candy from them! Remember: at a house, ok. At a van, not ok!
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Reese's everything
              M&M's Peanut Butter
              Heath/Skor
              Twix
              Skittles
              Starburst
              Baby Ruth
              Pay Day
              Whatchamacallit (not sure they still exist)
              Grand Bar
              Snickers
              Butterfinger

What were the ones that came shaped like a sawed off pyramid?
              Whatchamacallits still exist. They're popular in certain regions, but they should be popular every where because they're awesome.

Are you talking about Rolos or Toblerones? Otherwise I've got nothing.

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              So y'all want to kill kids with peanut allergies
              Only if they're sissies!
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

While I feel bad for kids with peanut allergies, my list stands.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  Are you talking about Rolos or Toblerones? Otherwise I've got nothing.
                  Now I remember - Chunky.

I also forgot about Oh Henry!

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                    Ours started at 4:00 and at 4:20, I had a line of kids from my door out to the sidewalk. Unbelievable. I ran out of candy an hour before it was over.

And Take 5 is the best candy bar.

Comment

We don't get trick-or-treaters at our flat. Never got them when I lived in the middle of nowhere, either. Plenty of money saved.

Comment

My parents live in a cul-de-sac, and not many kids in the neighborhood. I think the record all-time high for trick-or-treaters was 13-14 or so. And that includes 5 kids from 2 houses next to us.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          My parents live in a cul-de-sac, and not many kids in the neighborhood. I think the record all-time high for trick-or-treaters was 13-14 or so. And that includes 5 kids from 2 houses next to us.
                          I grew up in a neighborhood with a lot of kids, and three cul-de-sacs placed side-by-side, connected by a street on the south side. My parents would go through 8-12 bags of candy each year until around the time I was in college, when the younger kids were finally starting to age out of going trick-or-treating and the homes were priced out of their starter status by that time.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Gear grinder: How my new work laptop interfaces with the docking station and peripherals attached to it. I've had this thing for almost three months now, so I've figured out most of the quirks to how the laptop fails to read things, but it's something I shouldn't have to do. I can't use the mouse's left-click button until I've first successfully used the right-click button. The scrolling wheel won't recognize the scrolling command until I press it down at least once to use as the middle-click button. Sometimes it will recognize my keyboard upon start up in the morning or re-docking throughout the day, and yet other times I have to use the laptop's keyboard to sign in past my LAN ID. Will the monitors be recognized or not this time? If so, I have to... and the list goes on and on.

Why do we keep buying corporate PCs from HP when this is not the first line of laptop models where we've had these types of issues? It's almost to the point where people are envious of those who still have their old laptops because they work as expected, even if they're a little slower and heavier.

Comment

Is it the new Thunderbolt 3 dock? Those things blow. I love my old school dock.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                Is it the new Thunderbolt 3 dock? Those things blow. I love my old school dock.
                                I don't know if it has a branded name, but the device's sticker just says "HP 2013 ultra slim docking station."

Comment

Working...
                                X