Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Stolen from somewhere:

"How come people use the clocks as an excuse for being late when they move forward, but no one has ever been an hour early to work in the fall?"
    Yeah, I know it's a joke, but I've seen that happen with a few people here over the years, where they report having arrived early for work when daylight savings ends in the Fall.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Those who whine that people aren't adjusting are obviously those who don't have Circadian rhythms that work worth a dam.
      Thank god. If having one makes me a whiny biatch that complains about something so trivial as an hour time change.

I've honestly never seen or heard of a person ever having an issue with a time change of 1 hour while traveling. Never. This is exactly the same. I don't buy it.
      Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
        Thank god. If having one makes me a whiny biatch that complains about something so trivial as an hour time change.

I've honestly never seen or heard of a person ever having an issue with a time change of 1 hour while traveling. Never. This is exactly the same. I don't buy it.
        I usually don't have an issue, but this time around seems to be messing with me. Strange...
        I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

There are people that get royally screwed up with the littlest time change. NASA did some really cool research after the Astronauts had all sorts of systemic medical issues when they came back from being in orbit. Truly fascinating. Kidneys, fluid balance, cortisol, sugar, digestion, blood pressure, respiratory function (the ones I remember the most, there are others) are all affected. There are certain meds that can be effective or not with even an hour deviation because they work in concert with your body's rhythms. They also do lots of stuff with shift workers who have a nasy habit of having outcomes way worse than day workers.

You can poo-poo it all you want but there is plenty of medical evidence that makes it very real and for some very disruptive. Other people can fly half way around the world and not notice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post

Your lack of empathy is appalling.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
              Your lack of empathy is appalling.
              No, I think it is silly because if it is really that big of a deal, set your alarm clock an hour earlier, and you have no problem whatsoever.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                There are people that get royally screwed up with the littlest time change. NASA did some really cool research after the Astronauts had all sorts of systemic medical issues when they came back from being in orbit. Truly fascinating. Kidneys, fluid balance, cortisol, sugar, digestion, blood pressure, respiratory function (the ones I remember the most, there are others) are all affected. There are certain meds that can be effective or not with even an hour deviation because they work in concert with your body's rhythms. They also do lots of stuff with shift workers who have a nasy habit of having outcomes way worse than day workers.

You can poo-poo it all you want but there is plenty of medical evidence that makes it very real and for some very disruptive. Other people can fly half way around the world and not notice.
                Utter and complete b.s. Not the study, but that a 1-hour change for one freaking day is that problematic. And if it is that problematic for you plan for it in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  Utter and complete b.s. Not the study, but that a 1-hour change for one freaking day is that problematic. And if it is that problematic for you plan for it in advance.
                  Well, I am not sure why everyone gets so emotionally freaked out about people not adjusting well. It is a real problem that has evidence based medical research showing it is legit. It is not a matter of choice to have a body like they do. Sort of like blaming someone who is a diabetic for their condition, deciding they aren't really sick and telling the would be fine if they just ate right. No they won't. Telling them they should be or they just need to do X doesn't change things. If it makes you feel better to be mad at them :shrug:

Comment

Well, yes, but Peanut Butter (why the hell autocorrect capitalizes that is beyond me) sandwiches shouldn't be banned from school because one kid is allergic to them.

This kind of **** situation happens all the time to almost all of us. We just choose to adapt and move on.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Well, yes, but Peanut Butter (why the hell autocorrect capitalizes that is beyond me) sandwiches shouldn't be banned from school because one kid is allergic to them.

This kind of **** situation happens all the time to almost all of us. We just choose to adapt and move on.
                      Depends on the nature of the allergy. Sunflower seeds are banned in my work area because one person is deathly allergic.
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Walgreens automated prescription refill process. Used to be if I didn't have the number, I would be connected to a live person, tell them what I needed, and it would be ready. Today, I didn't have my prescription number, and was given a runaround by the phone system.
                        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                        Patreon for exclusive writing content
                        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                          Walgreens automated prescription refill process. Used to be if I didn't have the number, I would be connected to a live person, tell them what I needed, and it would be ready. Today, I didn't have my prescription number, and was given a runaround by the phone system.
                          Don't get me started on trying to get meds.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                            Don't get me started on Walgreens as a company. They have become a money hungry company with no value for employees.

However, from a pharmacist's point of view this new system is much more friendly. Your phone calls without your prescription number may have been convenient for you but were very inconvenient for the staff at the pharmacy and would then delay those waiting to get their prescriptions at the store. Realize, they're getting dozens of calls a day from people that can't take the time to have their prescription number on hand.

Their phone system is horrible so I'm sure it's a cluster but it's a huge relief for those who are actually filling your prescriptions.

Comment

Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post
                              Don't get me started on Walgreens as a company. They have become a money hungry company with no value for employees.

However, from a pharmacist's point of view this new system is much more friendly. Your phone calls without your prescription number may have been convenient for you but were very inconvenient for the staff at the pharmacy and would then delay those waiting to get their prescriptions at the store. Realize, they're getting dozens of calls a day from people that can't take the time to have their prescription number on hand.

Their phone system is horrible so I'm sure it's a cluster but it's a huge relief for those who are actually filling your prescriptions.
                              It may be a relief but not for the provider who then may have to redo a prescription because the person doesn't have the number and calls the office looking for help.

I miss the old pharmacies that had real people answering the phones and personal service. When I was first prescribing I could call George down the way if I had a sick patient with 4 kids in tow. I would tell George she was coming and he would have the med ready. Now no one answers, if they do you are on wait forever, get a tech and then they still don't guarantee it. I know it is the way of the world but I can't see it as better.

Comment

Four months ago I was on a side project for a big one that installed into production. Today I had a couple people from the big project contact me to get miniscule details from that side project and have it recalled in the blink of an eye. Yeah, that's easy to do.
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X