Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Digital cameras have revolutionized and ruined photography.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Digital cameras have revolutionized and ruined photography.
      I can't remember they exact stat, but it's something like this:

There are more pictures taken in a single day now than there were between the invention of the camera and 1990 or something like that.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Makes sense. Before the invention of a camera phone or even digital photography, it was unheard of to take a picture of your food.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

It makes sense. No one wanted to waste film and $ on photo processing for b.s. shots. My wife is a foodie as are some of her friends - it doesn't bother me they share food pics. I don't really get it, but it's harmless. It's the same thing on FB if a friend posts a political diatribe that I couldn't possibly agree with. So what? As long as they're not Nazi-esque with their commentary bfd. I'm sure if I posted every liberal ideal I believe in I'd have conservative friends rolling their eyes right back at me.

Comment

I'm annoyed with myself for underestimating the cost of Metallica tickets.

I'm a big fan and wanted to go to their show at Soldier Field in June to check seeing them off the bucketlist. Had a shot at a couple of pre-sales today any my options were: $175 GA Floor seats or $90 300-level seats in a far corner.

I was planning on being out the door for $120-30 for floor seats or getting an actual seat decently close for ~$70. Wrong on both accounts. I'm not a concert regular, so I figured that since I've gotten 100/200 level seats at indoor arenas for $60-70 that would translate here... Nope.

Now I'm upset with myself for getting hyped about the opportunity to see them, but having a (perceived) crappy view from my affordable price points.
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Went to the store this morning to buy coffee, beer, and fruit. Left the grocery store without buying coffee, beer, and fruit.

Apparently, I like to make lists. I also like to leave them at home while I walk through the store and figure out what was on the list.
              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
              Patreon for exclusive writing content
              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post
                Went to the store this morning to buy coffee, beer, and fruit. Left the grocery store without buying coffee, beer, and fruit.

Apparently, I like to make lists. I also like to leave them at home while I walk through the store and figure out what was on the list.
                AnyList. I think it might be the best app I own.
                Code:

Comment

I work in a technical support team. We represent the business lines' interest when an application fails in some manner or another. It's recently become the en vogue thing to do for the departments we support to ask us to create business processes for them to handle their daily duties.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    AnyList. I think it might be the best app I own.
                    I use the "Notes" on the phone. *shrug*
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Paper. I have a notebook in my purse. (probably not going to help what you guys are doing.)

Comment

AnyList is great because it has ways to import recipes and a quick way to automatically sort by aisles in each grocery store. Once you set it up you just hit the store you're in and it sorts the list so you don't have to bounce between aisles. The recipe tracker is also the best one I've seen on the market.
                        Code:

Comment

I just remember stuff. haha
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

• Originally posted by ShirtlessBob View Post

You need Adrian Messenger.
                            Or maybe not ..
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                              I just remember stuff. haha
                              I do too. But inevitably I would always forget laundry detergent. I don't know why but it was always detergent. I can't remember a 20-item shopping list in my old age.
                              Code:

Comment

I'm an aisle-walker when I grocery shop.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X