Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    Saw an idea on Reddit: 9 rounds of boxing...round 10 onward is MMA. That way Floyd has to go for the KO, or get himself ground-and-pounded in the 10th.

Conor's got nothing to lose. 99.9 percent chance he loses, whoop dee doo, he lost a boxing match to a GOAT-tier boxer, he gets paid 20 times anything he'd ever make in UFC, and rides off into the sunset. 0.1 percent chance he gets a lucky left in early and KOs the dude...he's an instant combat sports legend.

I think Conor says eff it and goes crazy looking for a lucky KO for about the first 2 rounds, then runs out of cardio, says "oh well, I tried" and turtles up. Mayweather dances the Macarena around him for the last 10 rounds and takes it to the scorecards. Everyone gets paid.
    So the consensus is only morons and watering holes pay for this fight?
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Oh, it'll sell. The 0.1 chance will be enough. Lord knows stupider stuff has happened this year. Plus there's always the outside chance Conor loses his marbles and Steven Seagal kicks Mayweather in the **** face.

I'd like to see my scenario below...then the judges crap all over the ring and hand Conor a split decision. The Internet would self-immolate.
      Last edited by Twitch Boy; 06-15-2017, 11:47 PM.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        I honestly thought only bars paid for any PPV event. Actual people will put down money for them?
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I honestly thought only bars paid for any PPV event. Actual people will put down money for them?
          Groups of people will get together and pool some cash to watch an event. It used to happen for the Stanley Cup playoffs back in the early 90's. That's how I had to watch the North Stars lose to Pittsburgh.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Yeah but that was almost 3 decades ago. People who pay for PPV now are ridiculous...especially since a simple google search could find you ways around it. Hell people Periscope most of them...

Maybe if boxing was entertaining I could see it but boxing has sucked for quite some time. And MMA is even worse...
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XgUCMvaRt8
              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                Groups of people will get together and pool some cash to watch an event. It used to happen for the Stanley Cup playoffs back in the early 90's. That's how I had to watch the North Stars lose to Pittsburgh.
                I was at the Met for that massacre
                Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

A Rubbermaid container full of frozen chili just fell on my toes from the freezer.

That... hurt
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Know what I want to see? Alternating rounds of MMA/boxing. And......go.
                    Kickboxing as a compromise. See if Mayweather can avoid leg kicks as well.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

I'm just a hot mess this weekend. I'm sick, I dropped a frozen block of food on my foot, I'm tired and I haven't slept well, and now I pulled a muscle in my back.

I was supposed to help my brother move yesterday, host a bunch of people over for dinner yesterday evening, and then have the family over today for Father's Day. I was unable to do any of that.

Who the hell gets sick in the summer more than in the winter? I've managed to pull off that feat at least two years in a row now. If I looked it up in my abscense report at work, I'm guessing it's closer to four years straight.
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 06-18-2017, 11:13 AM.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        I'm just a hot mess this weekend. I'm sick, I dropped a frozen block of food on my foot, I'm tired and I haven't slept well, and now I pulled a muscle in my back.

I was supposed to help my brother move yesterday, host a bunch of people over for dinner yesterday evening, and then have the family over today for Father's Day. I was unable to do any of that.

Who the hell gets sick in the summer more than in the winter? I've managed to pull off that feat at least two years in a row now. If I looked it up in my abscense report at work, I'm guessing it's closer to four years straight.
                        I got the flu a month ago and my gf is fighting pneumonia...plus I know others who are either sick or recovering. Something is up...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Still recovering from pneumonia. On week 4. Blech. People get sick in every season. Only the germs change.

Comment

I'm feeling much better today.

I'm pretty sure this was strep looking back on it. I haven't had that in probably ten plus years. I never developed a cough or any other symptoms. Just a sore throat and a moderate fever. I probably should have seen a doctor, but I just hate the idea of paying $175 to be told it's a cold. Or worse, prescribed antibiotics without confirmation.
                            Code:

Comment

KIDNEY STONES!!!

About 6 weeks ago I had one and then another about two days later. No clue what was happening at first. No history, no family history, just out of the blue. All is well until this last Thursday and then blammo. Then again Friday night.

You know how you hear from random people about how painful they can be? Well, it turns out they aren't exaggerating.

Also buy bottled water stocks. I'm driving up demand dramatically.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

My boss' grammar, take 527:

"I guess this is a hole, I was not a where of"

?????

Comment

Working...
                                X