Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Such a difficult life.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Who said I was oppressed? I want equality for all, no labels.

You guys are on Kluwe level right now (which is about the Flaggy level, except you're for the other party).
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
        Allow me to rephrase/approach from a different angle:

The world we live in:
        Obama, the first black president...
        Patty Jenkins, who just broke the record for a film by a female director...
        Michael Sam, the first openly gay professional football player...

The world I want to see:
        Obama, the president...
        Patty Jenkins, a film director....
        Michael Sam, a professional football player...
        What you want is a great vision of the future. We're just not there yet, and likely won't be in our lifetimes.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          What you want is a great vision of the future. We're just not there yet, and likely won't be in our lifetimes.
          Sadly, it's the truth. We are getting there. I'd just like us to get there faster, without breaking laws. We took a step back in this past election. And it gets to me sometimes.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

You guys are on Kluwe level right now (which is about the Flaggy level, except you're for the other party).
            The fact that it makes you angry that minorities can be proud of who they are, but you are not allowed to. I hear that complaint all the time.

That tiny little oppression is a major reason people voted for don. As they see that as being politically correct, as opposed to just nice and respectful.

Comment

The world we live in:

The world I want to see:
              Obama, the president...
              You'll never get rid of Obama's and Sam's labels, nor should we. Because the first time a minority (including women) does something like that, it is inherently noteworthy for breaking through the glass ceiling.

The Patty Jenkins type labels can and will be no longer necessary if and when such acts become common place.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                The fact that it makes you angry that minorities can be proud of who they are, but you are not allowed to. I hear that complaint all the time.

That tiny little oppression is a major reason people voted for don. As they see that as being politically correct, as opposed to just nice and respectful.
                You hear it from Republicans daily. The white man just can't catch a break.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The world we live in:

The world I want to see:
                  Obama, the president...
                  In an idea world, that would be great.

But when people like you go out and belittle minorities of whatever kind for being proud of who they are, that does not help.

And yes, your satire is just poking fun because of who a person is. May be fine among friends, but when someone is offended that you "joke" is so poor, that's not the fault of the target.

Comment

OK then, I'm proud to be a white male!

Does that make me a racist bigot?

Comment

You know you've made it in terms of reputation when you are the definition of an insult.

Comment

You can be proud of your label, but then you also need to be "on the correct side". http://www.fox5ny.com/news/259656209-story

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                          You can be proud of your label, but then you also need to be "on the correct side". http://www.fox5ny.com/news/259656209-story
                          You can't be prosecuted for your speech, but you can be persecuted.
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            You can't be prosecuted for your speech, but you can be persecuted.
                            Doesn't "hate crime" legislation preach the exact opposite?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              Doesn't "hate crime" legislation preach the exact opposite?
                              No.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                Sadly, it's the truth. We are getting there. I'd just like us to get there faster, without breaking laws. We took a step back in this past election. And it gets to me sometimes.

I must be missing something. I don't see Hoven saying he is angry so much as in what he wants for the world it wouldn't be necessary and being perhaps very optimistic that it is happening already?

I think it is important to not blame all white males for the behaviours.

Comment

Working...
                                X