Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Gear Grinding 7: Really? This crap again?

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    Did anyone else think of the "Bring out your dead!" Monty Python scene?
    Clang!
    Yes. Thanks for the ear worm :>/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

Comment

This board is absolutely un-effing-readable with all the spam.

Comment

Originally posted by jen View Post
        This board is absolutely un-effing-readable with all the spam.
        Eventually, we may get all the works of Shakespeare in these thread titles.

Comment

• Get a phone call during dinner. Answer it, someone telling me I get all expense paid vacation in fla. I politely said can you take me off your calling list, she said I didn't hear that and I repeated take me off your list, she proceeded to talk over me and I lost it on her. I understand they have a job to do but when someone is asking off your call list why bother continuing on with the canned speech
          Last edited by walrus; 11-21-2016, 05:46 PM.
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

When we were first married mr les answered a call from an insurance co during dinner. I can hear him go off. He is ranting about how there is no way he is going to get insurance. If he is outta work then he doesn't think his wife should get a free ride. She should get off her a55 and work to support him, if she was working her lazy a55 would be too busy to get with someone else and a whole bunch of other stuff. The person hung up. He was giggling hysterically by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              When we were first married mr les answered a call from an insurance co during dinner. I can hear him go off. He is ranting about how there is no way he is going to get insurance. If he is outta work then he doesn't think his wife should get a free ride. She should get off her a55 and work to support him, if she was working her lazy a55 would be too busy to get with someone else and a whole bunch of other stuff. The person hung up. He was giggling hysterically by the end.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
                We still giggle about it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  Get a phone call during dinner. Answer it, someone telling me I get all expense paid vacation in fla. I politely said can you take me off your calling list, she said I didn't hear that and I repeated take me off your list, she proceeded to talk over me and I lost it on her. I understand they have a job to do but when someone is asking off your call list why bother continuing on with the canned speech
                  The speech was probably recorded, with an automated answering system.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                    This.

When they start this I ask if they're a recording. If they continue to talk over me, I have my answer, and then we're done.
                    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      This.

When they start this I ask if they're a recording. If they continue to talk over me, I have my answer, and then we're done.
                      Just not as gratifying as going off on one of those dolts...
                      Quinnipiac Bobcats
                      2023 National Champions
                      ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                      ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                      East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                      Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                      Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                      Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                        I doubt a recording said I didn't hear what you said but I suppose it could. If thats the case I wasted some F bombs on a computer
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

You guys don't want to give them the ol' "Oh sorry, me no speaky Chinee" treatment?
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                            I doubt a recording said I didn't hear what you said but I suppose it could. If thats the case I wasted some F bombs on a computer
                            You were probably talking to a computer program with voice recognition. When calling, for example, my cable company I often get something like "tell me what you want assistance with. Say 'internet', 'cable tv', or 'telephone'" and if I respond with something else or don't talk clearly, I get "I'm sorry, I don't understand what you said." So it's a bit more sophisticated than just a pre-recorded message, but no less annoying. My guess is that if you had said "I'll take two" or "My credit card number is ..." or my Social Security number is ...", they would have had no trouble hearing what you said.

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
                              You were probably talking to a computer program with voice recognition. When calling, for example, my cable company I often get something like "tell me what you want assistance with. Say 'internet', 'cable tv', or 'telephone'" and if I respond with something else or don't talk clearly, I get "I'm sorry, I don't understand what you said." So it's a bit more sophisticated than just a pre-recorded message, but no less annoying. My guess is that if you had said "I'll take two" or "My credit card number is ..." or my Social Security number is ...", they would have had no trouble hearing what you said.
                              I just start blabbering nonsense words so I get an operator.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                I just start blabbering nonsense words so I get an operator.
                                In other words, you act normal?
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X