Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Did not see the game tonight, was still out celebrating the miracle in Boston today, so I could use some feedback.

I know the Yale came from behind for the tie. How did they look?

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
      Did not see the game tonight, was still out celebrating the miracle in Boston today, so I could use some feedback.

From what I saw watching Alex Lyon lose to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers live, while trying to watch the feed on my phone. Yale had the unfortunately now commonplace defensive lapses to dig the hole. The offense bailed them out with a great second half and OT.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        From what I saw watching Alex Lyon lose to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers live, while trying to watch the feed on my phone. Yale had the unfortunately now commonplace defensive lapses to dig the hole. The offense bailed them out with a great second half and OT.
        IMHO Yale was definitely the better overall team. They are quick and tenacious in their forecheck. Had better passing and outworked Clarkson in the corners and along the side boards. Dominated period 3 and the OT. Without the 5 on 3 PP that Clarkson had in period 2, the score of this game is probably 3-1 Yale. My guess is Yale wins the rematch at the Tourney this weekend by 3-2.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the Yale faithful. Let's hope this trip to Notre Dame is the beginning of a turnaround. No video option that I can find for the 4pm games on Friday and Saturday.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to the Yale faithful. Let's hope this trip to Notre Dame is the beginning of a turnaround. No video option that I can find for the 4pm games on Friday and Saturday.
            Yes. Hoping for the team to click.
            And I could not find a streaming source for the game either. I think the women's team plays in the nutmeg classic today at QU (vs Uconn).
            Boolaboola

Comment

http://watchnd.tv/#!/schedule

Comment

Thanks for that, direct link to the 4pm broadcast. You do need to download the app, do that ahead of time, it takes a while. If you have NBC from your provider, the app and games are free. http://watchnd.tv/#!/shows/Shillelagh_Tournament/2020140
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Only caught the last 10 minutes of the 3rd period and OT, and Clarkson dominated those 15 minutes. Did not see one Grade A chance from Yale. I assume they played better the first 2-1/2 periods.

Based on the tourney in Arizona last year and this game they need to avoid shoot outs, too.

Comment

Three points are better than none. Congrats to Clarkson for the tourney win and obviously great defense. Two ties, does not seem so bad after they took out ND. Did not get a chance to view the game today, nice to see Snively rack up some goals!
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

Coach Keith Allain headed to the hockey hall of fame with Team USA 1996. http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m...20161201jmipl1
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

http://sportzedge.com/2016/12/01/yal...-start-in-ahl/

ALLENTOWN, Penn. (WTNH) — Former Yale standout Alex Lyon has gotten off to a fast start in his professional career for the Philadelphia Flyers AHL team. Lyon is 7-3-1 in his first 11 career starts for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms while posting a 2.46 GAA. Lyon left Yale as a Junior and signed an entry-level contract with the Flyers on April 5th earlier this year.

Comment

Nice quick start, the Hayden line dominated. Good to see the team back to .500 overall, big game with Union Saturday.
                          YALE HOCKEY
                          2013 National Champions

Comment

Bad loss. Almost a duplicate of the game a month ago right down to the short handed goal given up. Bad enough early in the season on the road; repeating the same scenario at home is discouraging.

Comment

Link to the video for tonight's game against BU

https://campusinsiders.com/live/12-1...ale-at-bu-mih/

Comment

Actually, I thought they looked pretty good overall. The team played with good speed, crisp passing, and played with some teeth and fight. Ironically, I think it was their best game of the year.

Again, there were some defensive lapses--BU may have forced those issues upon us but the defense did not step up. When the D made a mistake the puck went in the net. Tucker was shaky--good reflexes but he had trouble with rebound control and a couple of times he had difficulty tracking the puck (aside from the goal from the top of the slot). Spano looked much sharper and more confident when he came in (granted BU might have let off the gas a little).

The offense just had no puck luck at all. Two posts hurt. And when the net was open they could not get a clean stick on the puck--it bounced or was wobbling. I believe in Branch Rickey's saying that "luck is the residue of design", but despite a good design and play the luck just did not happen. The PP also played well with better passing and working the puck around and to the inside rather than tossing it near the blue line.

I thought Hayden had an excellent game--he's having a great season. On a stronger team he is a hobey contender.

Ted Hart also played well, as did Hitch. I wanted Snively to be able to bury a few pucks but he just couldn't do it.

As a final note, that was my first time at Agganis. It is a wonderful place to watch a game. We had a great experience hanging around BU and at the game. A nice day despite the outcome of the game.
                                Last edited by razorben; 12-14-2016, 06:54 AM.
                                Boolaboola

Comment

Working...
                                X