Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
    No explanation was given for the review, although I could have missed it. It seemed to be a surprise to the announcers. I'm assuming, since it was a series ending and season ending goal in Dartmouth's case they wanted to make sure.
    I was asking about a time in the second period after a stoppage that the refs left the ice for no apparent reason. took about one minute. No announcement on the PA, a few minutes after Dartmouth's second goal. Maybe a ref equipment problem?
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

Comment

By the way, I would rather play Harvard. Yale is almost always competitive against H, not so much against Union.
      plus one ^
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        I was asking about a time in the second period after a stoppage that the refs left the ice for no apparent reason. took about one minute. No announcement on the PA, a few minutes after Dartmouth's second goal. Maybe a ref equipment problem?
        I'm sorry. I thought you meant the review at the end of the game. I didn't start watching the game until halfway through the 3rd. (an unfortunate circumstance of being in the mountain time zone)

Comment

plus one ^
          Plus two.
          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Tucker saved Yales bacon for sure. Still too many lapses that made him have to make spectacular saves. Dartmouth also hit three solid posts while Yale hit two. Great clean series by both teams who are somewhat alike except Yale has some better finishers. If anyone who was watching online could tell me what the review/ delay was about where the refs left the ice, let me know.

Yes Tucker did win the game for you. He has been outstanding against the Big Green. His best friends (posts) certainly helped. You are correct in that he can leave juicy rebounds on harmless shots but your D was there to clean it up.

Not sure which one because the refs did a couple of reviews. Was it the one where our D got hit from behind and the were assessing whether or not it warranted a major? It ended up being a minor.

Comment

Great series and the better team won! Good luck in your quest for Lake Placid and the auto bid to the NCAA's!

Comment

By the way, I would rather play Harvard. Yale is almost always competitive against H, not so much against Union.
                Well, We received our wish, now the team has to come through. Hopefully the confidence regained from the Dartmouth series will carry them forward.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Well, We received our wish, now the team has to come through. Hopefully the confidence regained from the Dartmouth series will carry them forward.
                  The title of this thread certainly fits this upcoming series. Who will step up? And the answer needs to be - everyone.

Comment

Looking for the following contestants. Just a friendly reminder that you have until Friday night at 7PM to get your picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017.

Contestant
                    BIG Green
                    Brett Gobe
                    cudmud
                    goldenbriggsy
                    Halloweenman
                    johnk
                    Mike Hutter
                    NorthernLite
                    Rjm7272
                    SLU'75
                    sshablak
                    still an empty net
                    Turk
                    Vaportrail
                    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Four goals would have been an almost guaranteed win for Yale the last few years. Still, they were very competitive as we knew they would be.
                      Last edited by bulldog10jw; 03-10-2017, 08:49 PM.

Comment

Four goals would have been an almost guaranteed win for Yale the last few years. Still, they were very competitive as we knew they would be.
                        Felt like the old days in the second period. Yale was able to get Harvard into a pond hockey game which was probably the best way to attack them. In the end Harvard's physicality wore Yale down. Seeing the game live, I am still bewildered by the disallowed goal.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Felt like the old days in the second period. Yale was able to get Harvard into a pond hockey game which was probably the best way to attack them. In the end Harvard's physicality wore Yale down. Seeing the game live, I am still bewildered by the disallowed goal.
                          Did you not see the scoreboard replay with the Yale forward coming in the crease hard and spinning Madsen around, like about a second before the shot that went in though? I don't always know the rule book on stuff like this, but everyone around us seemed to think it was pretty clear that it would not be called a goal.

And congratulations are due to the Yale squad, turning this game completely upside down in the 2nd period. That was truly impressive and a most unwelcome development for this Harvard fan!

Comment

It wasn't our physicality that turned the game around, it was our speed and skill. Once we got our feet moving and stopped making dumb mistakes in our own zone, we took over the game. We should have had eight goals given the looks we had at Tucker.

Not sure why you were 'bewildered' at the goalie interference call. Everyone in the rink saw that Madsen got hit on the play. Disallowing the goal was a no-brainer even for ECAC refs.

Comment

No complaints about the way Yale competed this weekend. They weren't quite good enough on special teams. Looking forward to next year. Good luck to H.

Comment

No complaints about the way Yale competed this weekend. They weren't quite good enough on special teams. Looking forward to next year. Good luck to H.
                                Thanks. You guys played hard and had a good game plan. This was really a third period series. Harvard didn't bring their "A" game for the first two periods in either game. Snively is Hobey material.

Comment

Working...
                                X