Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Yale Men's Hockey 2016-2017. Who will step up?

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
    Decent comeback in the second after a horrible first period, penalties continue to haunt the team. The Captain has been taking too many cheap ones himself and is getting rung up for diving at a record pace. Only takeaway is that Yale gets another series at Ingalls next weekend.
    Only saw the first 10 minutes of the game and Yale was skating like they were stuck in the mud. I was surprised it ended up close.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
      Only saw the first 10 minutes of the game and Yale was skating like they were stuck in the mud. I was surprised it ended up close.
      The bulldogs really dominated the second period and could have easily tied to the game in that period.
      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
      https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Pretty ugly end to a mediocre season. Home ice next weekend against Dartmouth. Hopefully a little payback for last year. Do not envy whoever is facing Princeton, great strides by that team this season.
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

It's been a depressing February. Let's hope we can find some kind of spark in March.

Comment

Lets Go Bulldogs, I need a reason to revisit Lake Placid!
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

You have until 7PM tonight to get your 1st round picks into the ECAC Pick the Playoffs 2017 Contest
              Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
              And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
              WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
              If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

The two goals in 30 seconds near the end of the 2nd turned a close game into a rout.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                  The two goals in 30 seconds near the end of the 2nd turned a close game into a rout.
                  Dartmouth is not a bad offensive team, but their D-Men can't handle even a mild forecheck. Yale kept the pressure on all night and it produced results. Nice to see the seniors get some goals in the twilight of their Ingalls careers, absolute snipe by Hayden. Tucker played well, but his rebound control was non existent. Di Chiara was hurt and returned, but then was shut down later, hopefully he can make it back Saturday.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Dartmouth is not a bad offensive team, but their D-Men can't handle even a mild forecheck. Yale kept the pressure on all night and it produced results. Nice to see the seniors get some goals in the twilight of their Ingalls careers, absolute snipe by Hayden. Tucker played well, but his rebound control was non existent. Di Chiara was hurt and returned, but then was shut down later, hopefully he can make it back Saturday.
                    Sadly you are mostly correct in your assessment of the Big Green's D coughing it up including one that put the game away to make it 4-1, 30 seconds after scoring a PP goal. There are only a few D that can routinely get the puck with a clear and clean exit our of D zone. Also agree with your assessment on Tucker; the final box tally was 1 GA but the Big Green had a lot to do with those on Grade A chances putting it right in his crest. Hayden's goal was a NHL variety, curling off the off wing wall with speed and bringing the puck down with his glove, and rifling a lazer short side high. Buffalo gave up too much of the short side. I thought the hit on DiChara was a bit late (unsuspecting player), interference. Hopefully he is back tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                      Sadly you are mostly correct in your assessment of the Big Green's D coughing it up including one that put the game away to make it 4-1, 30 seconds after scoring a PP goal. There are only a few D that can routinely get the puck with a clear and clean exit our of D zone. Also agree with your assessment on Tucker; the final box tally was 1 GA but the Big Green had a lot to do with those on Grade A chances putting it right in his crest. Hayden's goal was a NHL variety, curling off the off wing wall with speed and bringing the puck down with his glove, and rifling a lazer short side high. Buffalo gave up too much of the short side. I thought the hit on DiChara was a bit late (unsuspecting player), interference. Hopefully he is back tonight.
                      Kalk's goal was pretty as well, similar to Hayden's. His celebration was certainly over the top and just made Yale more determined. The DiChiara hit was awkward, he gave as good as he got in the initial contact but tried to leap through the gap between the two Dartmouth players and it was hard to tell where the injury actually took place.
                      YALE HOCKEY
                      2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BIG Green View Post
                        Hey just so you know, while posting a positive reputation comment about this post I clicked on the negative button by mistake, I reported my mistake to the mods.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

That was more like playoff hockey. Great game for Doherty and Tucker played well, also.

Comment

By the way, I would rather play Harvard. Yale is almost always competitive against H, not so much against Union.

Comment

Tucker saved Yales bacon for sure. Still too many lapses that made him have to make spectacular saves. Dartmouth also hit three solid posts while Yale hit two. Great clean series by both teams who are somewhat alike except Yale has some better finishers. If anyone who was watching online could tell me what the review/ delay was about where the refs left the ice, let me know.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Tucker saved Yales bacon for sure. Still too many lapses that made him have to make spectacular saves. Dartmouth also hit three solid posts while Yale hit two. Great clean series by both teams who are somewhat alike except Yale has some better finishers. If anyone who was watching online could tell me what the review/ delay was about where the refs left the ice, let me know.
                                No explanation was given for the review, although I could have missed it. It seemed to be a surprise to the announcers. I'm assuming, since it was a series ending and season ending goal in Dartmouth's case they wanted to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X