Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

With Ohio State, Michigan & Michigan State playing old CCHA rivals this weekend, the series to watch would in my opinion be Wisconsin hosting Boston College.
    Despite BC's loss to Air Force in the Ice Breakers they beat #3 Denver and if the Badgers can sweep BC who is still ranked #6 & #9 in the USCHO & USA polls respectively, and do so during a rebuilding phase with their new coach, it would certainly give the conference more credibility.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

Theoretically, they will be better as they get more practice time to adjust to the new system, but the defense was full of holes last weekend. Going against a team of BC's caliber, my expectations are thoroughly sandbagged.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Theoretically, they will be better as they get more practice time to adjust to the new system, but the defense was full of holes last weekend. Going against a team of BC's caliber, my expectations are thoroughly sandbagged.
        You may be right, but I was speaking hypothetically as to a best case scenario, not to what the reality could be.
        Still I wish the Badgers luck this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

Given UWs recent results against BC, losing by only 3 goals would, sadly, be an improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
            Given UWs recent results against BC, losing by only 3 goals would, sadly, be an improvement.
            Although BC is down a little from recent years, so the Badgers should have a shot to pull an upset...
            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              if the Badgers can sweep BC
              Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha. There is a -5% chance of that happening.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha. There is a -5% chance of that happening.
                it would help out the Big Ten's power ranking. find a defense, and make it happen.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Yeah, that would be great if Wisco swept BC, but...really?
                  Seems more likely to me that MSU could get swept at LSSU this weekend, and that would have a significant impact on the conference in terms of PWR as well.
                  If the Big 10 could keep all of its teams in the top 2/3's of the PWR that would help a lot. Hopefully MSU wins more than they lose this weekend. If they do that, any wins the Badgers pick up will be gravy.

Comment

Menard's just needs to put the paint thinner on sale again.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      it would help out the Big Ten's power ranking. find a defense, and make it happen.
                      The coaches have been finding a pretty good defense over summer...unfortunately most of that defense isn't on campus yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        Yeah, that would be great if Wisco swept BC, but...really?
                        Seems more likely to me that MSU could get swept at LSSU this weekend, and that would have a significant impact on the conference in terms of PWR as well.
                        If the Big 10 could keep all of its teams in the top 2/3's of the PWR that would help a lot. Hopefully MSU wins more than they lose this weekend. If they do that, any wins the Badgers pick up will be gravy.
                        You can count on us!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaur View Post
                          You can count on us!
                          I like your attitude!

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                            The coaches have been finding a pretty good defense over summer...unfortunately most of that defense isn't on campus yet!
                            Can't you just trap? Eaves must have been able to recruit for that.

Comment

I think the Plucky Buckys will pick up a split this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                I think the Plucky Buckys will pick up a split this weekend.
                                If you are by chance referring to the Ohio State Buckeyes it's kind of hard to split a single game weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X