Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
    I think the better question is how many thousa.......hundre......tens of people will flock to Detroit for the BTT?
    Another tired bit.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
      Another tired bit.
      To be fair, it's not like attendance was all the great last time around.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        As good as it can be.
        In other words the WCHA will be looking at them in their rear view mirror.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          In other words the WCHA will be looking at them in their rear view mirror.
          Maybe.
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            To be fair, it's not like attendance was all the great last time around.
            No, but it wasn't in Minneapolis, either except for the final.

But that wasn't the point being made- it was about denigrating Detroit... an easy Cap'n Obvious target.

Comment

They need to do what football did and create a Division I-AA for hockey. That way the Big 10 will be able to compete.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
                The conference is a real let down and until things change there won't be much conversation.
                Be honest, the league is a disgrace. Everything we hate about major college football, where legacy is valued more than anything else when it comes to preseason polls, comes home to roost in Big 14 hockey. Minnesota went 20-17 last year and they're #13. Michigan State would probably finish in the basement of the new WCHA and they miraculously got five people who think they're a Top 20 team. Michigan will probably be pretty good again and will win the league, but they won't have any defense and they'll get blown out in the NCAA quarters.

The only thing remotely good about Big 14 hockey is that BTN for the most part does a good job streaming games and making them available on replay. I love that.
                CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Lot of short term memory going on around here. No one should expect either M school to be programs that are routinely on the outside looking in over the long haul. UW had a very poor stretch, and while pushing to be a legit NCAA tournament team is probably not realistic this season they too have far more often been in the mix than not. PSU is quickly becoming a program that while won't be looked at as elite wouldn't be a doormat in any other conference. MSU and OSU should be better than they have been but imho their coaching situations currently are doing them no favors. Yeah right now the conference is down from where it should be based upon the historical significance of at least Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, but I'm not sure why so many seem to think it will be the new normal for those programs long term. Settle down.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    Yeah right now the conference is down from where it should be based upon the historical significance of at least Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, but I'm not sure why so many seem to think it will be the new normal for those programs long term. Settle down.
                    Agreed. I think UW singlehandedly torpedoed the B6 conference the last 2 years, they did no one any favors. Plus every league has doormats, it's not like all the B6 teams can be in the top 16 anyway. UM um and UW will get back to the place where they are annual top 10 teams, and once and awhile, tOsu, UND, MS and PS will float to the top too.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Lot of short term memory going on around here. No one should expect either M school to be programs that are routinely on the outside looking in over the long haul. UW had a very poor stretch, and while pushing to be a legit NCAA tournament team is probably not realistic this season they too have far more often been in the mix than not. PSU is quickly becoming a program that while won't be looked at as elite wouldn't be a doormat in any other conference. MSU and OSU should be better than they have been but imho their coaching situations currently are doing them no favors. Yeah right now the conference is down from where it should be based upon the historical significance of at least Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin, but I'm not sure why so many seem to think it will be the new normal for those programs long term. Settle down.
                      I think we're all aware that the current state of Big 14 hockey won't last forever, which is why we're getting our shots in while we can.
                      CCHA 4 LIFE

Comment

Back to on campus playoffs for 17-18.

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2016...ampus-playoffs
                        Last edited by joecct; 09-30-2016, 02:17 PM.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

I like the best of 3 first round but would like to see semis be best of 3 as well. It will make it hard for me to make the 2nd round though if Ohio State has to travel to Minnesota or Wisconsin

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Dream No. 2 View Post
                            I think we're all aware that the current state of Big 14 hockey won't last forever, which is why we're getting our shots in while we can.
                            Speaking of floating at the bottom like a carp, how is the CC and WMU doing in the NCHC?

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post

Don't like the single game eliminations. I'd like to see best of 3 or go old school and play 2 with the total goals deciding it in case of a split. But OSU and UW have torpedoed that issue by sharing buildings with other sports.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                But OSU and UW have torpedoed that issue by sharing buildings with other sports.
                                It was probably enough of a challenge to get them to hold (potentially) 5 nights in those buildings as it is.

Edit: Although, now that I think of it, it's probably not as bad as it used to be. At least for UW. Women's hockey now has the La Bahn, the girls' WIAA basketball tourney (which, IIRC, was responsible for moving some first-round WCHA games back to the Coliseum) is now in Green Bay and I forgot exactly how the boys' basketball (and both hockey) WIAA tourneys line up with hockey's weekends for the playoffs, but I don't recall any of those being issues in the past (plus the hockey ones are typically at the Coliseum now as it is... right?).
                                Last edited by ExileOnDaytonStreet; 10-03-2016, 01:22 PM.
                                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Working...
                                X