Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Cant wait for the conference to start next weekend. Ohio state has a chance to slay the dragon for the first time on the road since this conference started. They havent won at Minnesota in a long time and this league still goes through Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
      Yeah, the Gophers are going to have a tough time getting another banner. Excepting sparty, anyone could take the banner this year.
      I certainly agree with this. As long as tCHHCoMSU is
      in charge, last place will be a regular happening at Munn Ice Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Yeah, but Minnesota will hang a banner this year. They always do.
        What kind of banner?
        License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by Blackheart View Post
          What kind of banner?
          http://schoolpride.com/Banners/Championship-Banners
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
            Cant wait for the conference to start next weekend. Ohio state has a chance to slay the dragon for the first time on the road since this conference started. They havent won at Minnesota in a long time and this league still goes through Minnesota.
            I'll be at the Saturday game. I hope I get to see a stick salute meaning your chance to slay the dragon on the road will have to wait another year.
            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

A Division II banner?

It seems fitting, somehow.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                A Division II banner?

It seems fitting, somehow.
                Coming from a fan whose team hangs participation banners?

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                  Coming from a fan whose team hangs participation banners?
                  Open the link and look at the pictures - they're all DII banners.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

I get it, I saw them. Just find it funny coming from you.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                      I get it, I saw them. Just find it funny coming from you.
                      I have no delusions about my team's past, only hoping for the best come the future... so we can rid ourselves of those tourney participant banners.

Comment

I was trying not to embarrass Jan.
                        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Jan has no shame. Trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                            It is entirely possible that that MSU will be playing an entire conference schedule against ranked teams given where teams are right now and what they have in the next several weeks..
                            OK, time to check in on how things went as we approach the first conference games...

Penn State...wow...6-0-0 and climbs to #7
                            Ohio State went 3-2-1 and checks in at #10
                            Minnesota also went 3-2-1 and checks in at #11
                            Michigan went 4-2-0 and is barely there at #20
                            Wisconsin loves them some splits; went 3-3-0 and is still "receiving votes" and is unofficially ranked #29
                            Heck, Michigan State even figured out how to play again and went 3-2-1

In general, I'm pleasantly surprised. Short of a sweep against visiting UNO this weekend, Wisconsin hasn't quite done enough to get into the top 20 at the start of conference play.

The timing of the games still leaves a possibility that when MSU plays each team that they could be ranked, but getting Wisconsin and Michigan both in the top 20 at the same time in first half of the conference season is going to be pretty tricky. I'm not holding my breath, but it would be kind of cool to see it happen. I'm pretty sure that it would be the first time in modern history that it has happened.

Oh, and add in the fact that so far in out of conference performances BTHC is sitting at .637 right now, ahead of the mighty NCHC at .621, and things are looking pretty OK at the moment.

Comment

Queue St. Clown in 3, 2....

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                                I'm pretty sure that it would be the first time in modern history that it has happened.
                                Well it's not like the Big Ten has anything other than modern history for hockey!
                                Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Working...
                                X