Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by D2D View Post
    Give him credit though for knowing that crow are a healthier option than hawks.
    Lol!
    Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    In years past post like this would bug me. With the rise of the Wild to more elite NHL levels and the fall of true college hockey fandom since the Big Ten started a few years ago many Twin Cities college hockey fans now spend more time discussing the Wild. It's really incredible how people just don't care as much anymore for the college game. IMO, this was the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Wild. It's really sad how far down the totem pole college hockey has become in the Twin Cities.
    4four4 is still a broken record I see.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
      In years past post like this would bug me. With the rise of the Wild to more elite NHL levels and the fall of true college hockey fandom since the Big Ten started a few years ago many Twin Cities college hockey fans now spend more time discussing the Wild. It's really incredible how people just don't care as much anymore for the college game. IMO, this was the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Wild. It's really sad how far down the totem pole college hockey has become in the Twin Cities.
      Not for me! I only start to really pay attention to NHL hockey when the college game is over, meaning right now.

So GO WILD!
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Enjoy it while it lasts, haters. I think we saw the B1G make some strides this year. Won't be long.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

the way all the sue fans are hanging out in this thread tells me they have found the tree, and now are bored waiting for the annual sheep breeding season to heat up.
          XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
          Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Enjoy it while it lasts, haters. I think we saw the B1G make some strides this year. Won't be long.
            Agreed. The addition of Notre Dame will help quite a bit. The conference still has a way to go to catch up to the NCHC/Hockey East, but with early departures and graduation,that gap can be made up quickly. I think most posters know that the B1G will, at some point, be the dominant conference in college hockey (this sort of thing is cyclical after all), but it is a lot of fun to razz the B1G when they are down. No doubt, the same would be true if the NCHC were not the best conference in college hockey at the moment.
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I hate how Minnesota lost all of its traditional rivalries. I loved how the WCHA teams loved hockey and all the teams were close together. Besides CC, Denver, & UAA. I do not care Norte Dame is joining next year. I am guessing Arizona State is going to join the Big Ten soon. I am glad ASU has a hockey team but I would rather have some of the old teams back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
                I hate how Minnesota lost all of its traditional rivalries. I loved how the WCHA teams loved hockey and all the teams were close together. Besides CC, Denver, & UAA. I do not care Norte Dame is joining next year. I am guessing Arizona State is going to join the Big Ten soon. I am glad ASU has a hockey team but I would rather have some of the old teams back.
                We all would. Well, except Penn State and maybe some Ohio State fans. But it ain't happening. The only way to make this better is from within the conference we've got.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Happy View Post
                  the way all the sue fans are hanging out in this thread tells me they have found the tree, and now are bored waiting for the annual sheep breeding season to heat up.
                  We can fault Parise for only having one tree: Having only one joke is all on you.

Edit: My bad, Happy. You have that overage canadian zinger too.
                  Last edited by burd; 04-09-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    We can fault Parise for only having one tree: Having only one joke is all on you.

Edit: My bad, Happy. You have that overage canadian zinger too.
                    We are talking North Dakota here. My Mom taught me not to make fun of the ******** kids, so I have to hold back so I don't feel guilty. They can't even figure out how to run a girls team anymore.

That's pretty funny they censored the R word.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                      That's pretty funny they censored the R word.
                      My wife must be the mod, she hates that word, our daughter is, but in all honestly it's the easier and more succinct than saying "global developmental delay". "Delay" has the innuendo that someday she'll get to the development finish line, but in reality she won't.

Is MSU a sleeping giant or are they destined to be the bottom feeder? Once UM gets their problems figured out, they will get back to being a giant quickly. The rodents are already a giant, as much as they can be being rodents, UW is well on their way back to giantness, OSU is flirting with it, but can they sustain it? PSU is shockingly on the cusp. UND is right there. The B7 could be the most competitive league in the country, it battle for talent will be quite the nuclear arms race.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Well, if Michigan gets Mel, and MSU Danton, it might get interesting.

Comment

Illinois????

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/loc...ster-plan.html
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids
                          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don't think that says enough about the ice arena to suggest that it's DI capable, much less if any of the other pieces are anywhere near in place.

Still better than nothing, though.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                              I don't think that says enough about the ice arena to suggest that it's DI capable, much less if any of the other pieces are anywhere near in place.

Still better than nothing, though.
                              My 10 year master plan has a trip to Hawai'i on one of the off weeks during this season. But funding has yet to be secured. But it all starts with a dream! Good luck Illinois.
                              "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                                My 10 year master plan has a trip to Hawai'i on one of the off weeks during this season. But funding has yet to be secured. But it all starts with a dream! Good luck Illinois.
                                Hawai'i has Costcos. Rhode Island does not.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X