Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    The Big Ten got its refs in because it has nobody in the Frozen Four. Championships, last 10 years (based on current conference): Hockey East 5, NCHC 3, ECAC 2, WCHA, AHA & Big Ten 0. Elite conference!
    Trivial details. True conference greatness should not be measured by on-ice performance. Referring title games demonstrates a noble ability that stands head and shoulders above silly trophies.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.
    Speedy's posts are the gift that keeps on giving. Funny how he always seems to disappear come NCAA tournament time. He really should quit prognosticating. He's gonna get fat from eating all the crow.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    He's gonna get fat from eating all the crow.
    Give him credit though for knowing that crow are a healthier option than hawks.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Like one could actually catch a hawk, let alone eat one...and certainly not a fighting hawk.
    North Dakota

Legend in everybodys mind

Quote Originally Posted by willythekid View Post
    Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.
    In years past post like this would bug me. With the rise of the Wild to more elite NHL levels and the fall of true college hockey fandom since the Big Ten started a few years ago many Twin Cities college hockey fans now spend more time discussing the Wild. It's really incredible how people just don't care as much anymore for the college game. IMO, this was the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Wild. It's really sad how far down the totem pole college hockey has become in the Twin Cities.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!
    Blogs.
    https://twitter.com/hammyhockey
    http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/
    http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg]
    http://www.gopherpucklive.com/
    My website

Quote Originally Posted by D2D View Post
    Lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    In years past post like this would bug me. With the rise of the Wild to more elite NHL levels and the fall of true college hockey fandom since the Big Ten started a few years ago many Twin Cities college hockey fans now spend more time discussing the Wild. It's really incredible how people just don't care as much anymore for the college game. IMO, this was the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Wild. It's really sad how far down the totem pole college hockey has become in the Twin Cities.
    4four4 is still a broken record I see.

Quote Originally Posted by 4four4 View Post
    Not for me! I only start to really pay attention to NHL hockey when the college game is over, meaning right now.

So GO WILD!
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

He fixes the cable?

Enjoy it while it lasts, haters. I think we saw the B1G make some strides this year. Won't be long.

the way all the sue fans are hanging out in this thread tells me they have found the tree, and now are bored waiting for the annual sheep breeding season to heat up.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by MN Pond Hockey View Post
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Quote Originally Posted by state of hockey View Post
    Enjoy it while it lasts, haters. I think we saw the B1G make some strides this year. Won't be long.
    Agreed. The addition of Notre Dame will help quite a bit. The conference still has a way to go to catch up to the NCHC/Hockey East, but with early departures and graduation,that gap can be made up quickly. I think most posters know that the B1G will, at some point, be the dominant conference in college hockey (this sort of thing is cyclical after all), but it is a lot of fun to razz the B1G when they are down. No doubt, the same would be true if the NCHC were not the best conference in college hockey at the moment.
    North Dakota

I hate how Minnesota lost all of its traditional rivalries. I loved how the WCHA teams loved hockey and all the teams were close together. Besides CC, Denver, & UAA. I do not care Norte Dame is joining next year. I am guessing Arizona State is going to join the Big Ten soon. I am glad ASU has a hockey team but I would rather have some of the old teams back.

He fixes the cable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus of Suburbia View Post
    I hate how Minnesota lost all of its traditional rivalries. I loved how the WCHA teams loved hockey and all the teams were close together. Besides CC, Denver, & UAA. I do not care Norte Dame is joining next year. I am guessing Arizona State is going to join the Big Ten soon. I am glad ASU has a hockey team but I would rather have some of the old teams back.
    We all would. Well, except Penn State and maybe some Ohio State fans. But it ain't happening. The only way to make this better is from within the conference we've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    the way all the sue fans are hanging out in this thread tells me they have found the tree, and now are bored waiting for the annual sheep breeding season to heat up.
    We can fault Parise for only having one tree: Having only one joke is all on you.

Edit: My bad, Happy. You have that overage canadian zinger too.
    Last edited by burd; 04-09-2017 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    We can fault Parise for only having one tree: Having only one joke is all on you.

Edit: My bad, Happy. You have that overage canadian zinger too.
    We are talking North Dakota here. My Mom taught me not to make fun of the ******** kids, so I have to hold back so I don't feel guilty. They can't even figure out how to run a girls team anymore.

That's pretty funny they censored the R word.

Let's go RED!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    That's pretty funny they censored the R word.
    My wife must be the mod, she hates that word, our daughter is, but in all honestly it's the easier and more succinct than saying "global developmental delay". "Delay" has the innuendo that someday she'll get to the development finish line, but in reality she won't.

Is MSU a sleeping giant or are they destined to be the bottom feeder? Once UM gets their problems figured out, they will get back to being a giant quickly. The rodents are already a giant, as much as they can be being rodents, UW is well on their way back to giantness, OSU is flirting with it, but can they sustain it? PSU is shockingly on the cusp. UND is right there. The B7 could be the most competitive league in the country, it battle for talent will be quite the nuclear arms race.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Well, if Michigan gets Mel, and MSU Danton, it might get interesting.

Drunkard

I don't think that says enough about the ice arena to suggest that it's DI capable, much less if any of the other pieces are anywhere near in place.

Still better than nothing, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
    I don't think that says enough about the ice arena to suggest that it's DI capable, much less if any of the other pieces are anywhere near in place.

Still better than nothing, though.
    My 10 year master plan has a trip to Hawai'i on one of the off weeks during this season. But funding has yet to be secured. But it all starts with a dream! Good luck Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by davyd83 View Post
    My 10 year master plan has a trip to Hawai'i on one of the off weeks during this season. But funding has yet to be secured. But it all starts with a dream! Good luck Illinois.
    Hawai'i has Costcos. Rhode Island does not.

Thread Information