X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by BuB View Post

"Respect every opponent, but fear none." - John Wooden
    "Boys, don't ever come back to the bench without blood on your sweater. Yours... theirs... the refs... I don't give a ****." -Eino Timonen - Yooper Beer League.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      Saturday? Dude, I'm on a 24 hr IV drip.
      You sure do embrace being a sconnie. Good for you... I guess.

Comment

How many of you guys have purchased BTN Plus?

I just can't see myself spending 80-115 bucks for non-revenue sports with low production value, especially when non-con away games aren't even on there. Plus it seems like at least one game a series is on TV anyway. Sucks for weekends like this where both are on BTN Plus, but it's not the worst thing.

The monthly school pass wouldn't be a terrible option ($10), but not really worth it with the state of MSU's program.
        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

So the Minnesota- Michigan game is on ESPNNews right now and the best I can say that they're trying. They showed the potential top 16 for the upcoming NCAA playoffs..based on the USCHO.com poll.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Yeah, but 90% of intermission was basketball, other sports, and commercials. They aren't trying.

Big Ten blows them out of the water.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
              How many of you guys have purchased BTN Plus?

I just can't see myself spending 80-115 bucks for non-revenue sports with low production value, especially when non-con away games aren't even on there. Plus it seems like at least one game a series is on TV anyway. Sucks for weekends like this where both are on BTN Plus, but it's not the worst thing.

The monthly school pass wouldn't be a terrible option ($10), but not really worth it with the state of MSU's program.
              Minnesota only had one game on BTN Plus this year. I'm not sure I would purchase even if it had been more though.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                Minnesota only had one game on BTN Plus this year. I'm not sure I would purchase even if it had been more though.
                The product is really intended for people like me, who don't have cable or satellite TV, but want to watch the games. I get the NCHC equivalent, restricted to SCSU only rather than the whole league, and it's been a solid decision for me. It helps that SCSU has a professional production for home games (or its non-union Mexican equivalent). When the Huskies play at WMU, it's a single camera running from center-ice, and a radio announcer being simulcast for the NCHC feed. A number of schools roll like that, making me ever more profoundly grateful for my school's communications majors (who learn nothing!).
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                  The product is really intended for people like me, who don't have cable or satellite TV, but want to watch the games. I get the NCHC equivalent, restricted to SCSU only rather than the whole league, and it's been a solid decision for me. It helps that SCSU has a professional production for home games (or its non-union Mexican equivalent). When the Huskies play at WMU, it's a single camera running from center-ice, and a radio announcer being simulcast for the NCHC feed. A number of schools roll like that, making me ever more profoundly grateful for my school's communications majors (who learn nothing!).
                  Same when the Gophers played at St Lawrence earlier in the year. It was free and I was thankful I got to watch at all but you basically had to rely on the radio guys to know what was happening.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    This is a bit misleading.
                    Just to clarify for anyone reading and unaware:

BTN+ ONLY streams games that are not televised on any network/station. If a game is being televised, even on a regional channel, it won't be available on BTN+
                    BTN2Go streams any game that is being televised, even if the game is only being televised on a regional channel.

BTN+ is a stand-alone product that must be paid for regardless of whether your television package includes BTN.
                    BTN2Go is ONLY available to those who have a television package that includes BTN. It requires you to log in to your television provider's site to gain access to BTN2Go.

Is BTN+ worth it?
                    The production quality can be anywhere from good to poor. It really depends on the venue. Sometimes there are multiple camera angles and ample replays, and includes play-by-play. Sometimes it is a single camera, little to no replays and no sounds other than arena noise.

It's really intended for the non-revenue sports, I think, as it seems to be the only option if you want to watch a track meet, or a volleyball match, etc.
                    As a Gopher hockey fan it's really not worth it. The vast majority of games are televised so not available on BTN+. If I were a fan of a team that only saw about half their games televised I would probably get it, though.

And I'd note that for women's hockey it allows you to watch a good number of games not available anywhere else.

Comment

I'd also point out something I came across earlier this season:
                      Recently, the internet television service Fubo (same model as Sling TV but focuses on soccer) added BTN to their premium package. However, a Fubo account does not give you access to BTN2Go, only to what is currently being televised on BTN.

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
                        This is a bit misleading.
                        Just to clarify for anyone reading and unaware:

BTN+ ONLY streams games that are not televised on any network/station. If a game is being televised, even on a regional channel, it won't be available on BTN+
                        BTN2Go streams any game that is being televised, even if the game is only being televised on a regional channel.

BTN+ is a stand-alone product that must be paid for regardless of whether your television package includes BTN.
                        BTN2Go is ONLY available to those who have a television package that includes BTN. It requires you to log in to your television provider's site to gain access to BTN2Go.

Is BTN+ worth it?
                        The production quality can be anywhere from good to poor. It really depends on the venue. Sometimes there are multiple camera angles and ample replays, and includes play-by-play. Sometimes it is a single camera, little to no replays and no sounds other than arena noise.

It's really intended for the non-revenue sports, I think, as it seems to be the only option if you want to watch a track meet, or a volleyball match, etc.
                        As a Gopher hockey fan it's really not worth it. The vast majority of games are televised so not available on BTN+. If I were a fan of a team that only saw about half their games televised I would probably get it, though.

And I'd note that for women's hockey it allows you to watch a good number of games not available anywhere else.
                        Thanks for posting, Stauber1. I was confused about the difference, but now I've printed and saved your explanation for future reference. I recently bought a high-end laptop which can send a great picture to my 80" 4K TV. If the streamed production values are first rate so is the picture quality, in fact just as good or occasionally even better than what I get on Comcast "HD", which is now just upscaled 720P.
                        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I have the BTN2Go app on my iPad (I can't recall why I downloaded it) and the streaming quality is outstanding on my iPad. I actually checked out a game (MSU-Penn State I think?) while I was at a BU game and bummed at what I was watching live so I checked out a game on that app and it was really good quality.

Comment

We win again woo

Comment

Originally posted by Speed Kills View Post
                              I think right now we could make a very strong case that the Big Ten is the best conference in college hockey based on the fact that they have the best combined record in non-conference games.

http://www.uscho.com/stats/interconf...men/2016-2017/

I am expecting a minimum of three Big Ten schools represented in the field of 16 on selection Sunday. I see no logical reason why Penn State, Ohio State, and Minnesota won't all get in based on PWR. Should Michigan or Wisconsin happen to get hot at the right time, they could get the auto-bid by winning the conference tournament and give us four teams in the regionals. Based on what we've seen in the first half of the season, I fully expect Big Ten teams to perform better than NCHC teams in March.
                              Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                                Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.
                                Isn't it spring, the time of year when North Dakotan's go on a 3 week search for the one living tree?
                                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                                X