Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by streaker View Post
    Overall, without seeing this team live, Michigan fans have an unknown quantity. Best guess is that they can compete in the conference but will not have the talent or experience that Minnesota has in order to win the title.
    Interesting though that despite your modest expectations the Wolverines are ranked ahead of the Gophers in the pre-season poll.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
      Interesting though that despite your modest expectations the Wolverines are ranked ahead of the Gophers in the pre-season poll.
      Yeah, that preseason poll has some real head scratchers though. Mich at 11, BC at 5, Mich ST receiving any votes at all....

Comment

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
        Yeah, that preseason poll has some real head scratchers though. Mich at 11, BC at 5, Mich ST receiving any votes at all....
        Agreed, I should have inserted a "FWIW" into my comment.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I think the door is wide open for UW to finish 2nd. The rodents are the class of the conference (puke) PSU and UM lost a ton of players, OSU will under achieve as usual and MSU is still MSU and they lost a ton of players too.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I think the door is wide open for UW to finish 2nd. The rodents are the class of the conference (puke) PSU and UM lost a ton of players, OSU will under achieve as usual and MSU is still MSU and they lost a ton of players too.
            If Ohio State does not finish at least 3rd a new coach will be coming to Columbus. They have way to much talent not to contend in this conference this year.

Comment

I agree with the coaches in order of finish. Minnesota is the class of the league but after that I believe Ohio State and Michigan are interchangeable along with 4-6 any of those 3 could finish in any order for those bottom 3 spots.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                Polls. LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                  If Ohio State does not finish at least 3rd a new coach will be coming to Columbus. They have way to much talent not to contend in this conference this year.
                  I respect your opinion, but I doubt that the AD gives a rats tail as long as the team competes. Given their finish last season I doubt that a change would come even if the Bucks falter a little. My opinion- FWIW- they will score a bunch, but the difference in how they finish is keeping the puck out of their own net.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                    I respect your opinion, but I doubt that the AD gives a rats tail as long as the team competes. Given their finish last season I doubt that a change would come even if the Bucks falter a little. My opinion- FWIW- they will score a bunch, but the difference in how they finish is keeping the puck out of their own net.
                    This is the last year of his deal i believe so if they have a down year he wont be brought back. I like Frey in net he is probably the #2 returning goalie is this league. Your correct in your opinion if they play in front of him they will be fine if not we see what we saw for much of last year.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                      This is the last year of his deal i believe so if they have a down year he wont be brought back. I like Frey in net he is probably the #2 returning goalie is this league. Your correct in your opinion if they play in front of him they will be fine if not we see what we saw for much of last year.
                      Frey is still there? Seems like he's been there as long as Kessel was with the rodent program.

I hope Rohlik does enough to retain his job, but I want UW to finish ahead of the them.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Frey is still there? Seems like he's been there as long as Kessel was with the rodent program.

I hope Rohlik does enough to retain his job, but I want UW to finish ahead of the them.
                        Yea it does seem like he has been a Buckeye forever lol. This is it for him and Tomkins thats why i think its this year or never for the Buckeyes.

Comment

I'll believe OSU will do something when it happens.

They had that run in 2011-12 and got up to #2 nationally. And then........
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

So how's Atlantic Hockey Conference 2 going to be this year?
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              So how's Atlantic Hockey Conference 2 going to be this year?
                              As good as it can be.
                              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I think the better question is how many thousa.......hundre......tens of people will flock to Detroit for the BTT?
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X