Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Big Ten Hockey 2016-2017

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Isn't it spring, the time of year when North Dakotan's go on a 3 week search for the one living tree?
    Please...if you don't know the exact location of the tree, you aren't a North Dakotan. Searching is for the tourist.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Please...if you don't know the exact location of the tree, you aren't a North Dakotan. Searching is for the tourist.
      Isn't there a famous play "A Tree Grows in Grafton?"
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I thought all roads lead to "The Tree".
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
        Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Isn't it spring, the time of year when North Dakotan's go on a 3 week search for the one living tree?
          Oh no, I agree with Happy. North Dakota only has one living tree (nothing wants to live there).
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

I thought all roads lead to "The Tree".
            One way or another, I suppose that is true. Although, a true North Dakotan doesn't need roads or a map to know where the tree is.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.
              Your what hurts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Your what hurts?
                Conference's national title? The Bi6 doesn't gave one of those yet right?
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                  Conference's national title? The Bi6 doesn't gave one of those yet right?
                  Come on now...we all know that true conference greatness is measured by which conference's refs get to work the title game. B1G refs have now officiated back to back national titles. I'm assuming that Minnesota will hang a banner for this achievement and equate it to a national championship.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    I was a tourist there multiple times, but I dressed like a South Dakotan, so they left me alone,.... but they did keep trying to put the moves on my dog.
                    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Come on now...we all know that true conference greatness is measured by which conference's refs get to work the title game. B1G refs have now officiated back to back national titles. I'm assuming that Minnesota will hang a banner for this achievement and equate it to a national championship.
                      The Big Ten got its refs in because it has nobody in the Frozen Four. Championships, last 10 years (based on current conference): Hockey East 5, NCHC 3, ECAC 2, WCHA, AHA & Big Ten 0. Elite conference!
                      "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        The Big Ten got its refs in because it has nobody in the Frozen Four. Championships, last 10 years (based on current conference): Hockey East 5, NCHC 3, ECAC 2, WCHA, AHA & Big Ten 0. Elite conference!
                        Trivial details. True conference greatness should not be measured by on-ice performance. Referring title games demonstrates a noble ability that stands head and shoulders above silly trophies.
                        North Dakota

Comment

Oh, how I love to reminisce on beautiful posts such as these... good for a chuckle on such a fine championship Saturday. As much as I love watching speed kills be wrong over and over and over about the NCHC dominance, I do wish his stink would go to the other side of the Red River.
                          Speedy's posts are the gift that keeps on giving. Funny how he always seems to disappear come NCAA tournament time. He really should quit prognosticating. He's gonna get fat from eating all the crow.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
                            He's gonna get fat from eating all the crow.
                            Give him credit though for knowing that crow are a healthier option than hawks.
                            Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                              Give him credit though for knowing that crow are a healthier option than hawks.
                              Like one could actually catch a hawk, let alone eat one...and certainly not a fighting hawk.
                              North Dakota

Comment

In years past post like this would bug me. With the rise of the Wild to more elite NHL levels and the fall of true college hockey fandom since the Big Ten started a few years ago many Twin Cities college hockey fans now spend more time discussing the Wild. It's really incredible how people just don't care as much anymore for the college game. IMO, this was the best thing to ever happen to the Minnesota Wild. It's really sad how far down the totem pole college hockey has become in the Twin Cities.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X