• Show
Clear All

Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #187: Lazy End Days Of Summer

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    986.4 miles to go.
    907.2 miles to go.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Greyeagle View Post
      Good morning.....long time no type.....
      Had an interview yesterday here at Mother Mining. Will be interesting to see if I get called into the 2nd round. The job, Six Sigma Black Belt, is outside my comfort zone but definitely something I had to explore since the applicant pool was limited to people in my organization who received a certain rating in '15 and my manager's manager suggested it would be good to apply. And no, my managers don't want me to leave but they know this would be a good career move. Would be a nice $$ bump, too.
      So after getting the job, that's when you move to become one of goldy's neighbors in Cake Eaterville, right?
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
        So after getting the job, that's when you move to become one of goldy's neighbors in Cake Eaterville, right?
        North Oaks. Edina won't be good enough for him. And he doesn't want to cross the river.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
          North Oaks. Edina won't be good enough for him. And he doesn't want to cross the river.
          Which is a polite way for goldy to say I wouldn't be tolerated in the exclusive gated suburb of Edina.
          Last edited by Greyeagle; 09-20-2016, 02:29 PM.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
          And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
          Twenty red lights in his honor
          Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            Then he can hang out with Fear the Gopher, a good guy who'll have a beer or six with him.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Greetings from the happiest place on Earth! One of my brother's friends is a member of Club 33, which is this very fancy high end restaurant. He got us a lunch reservation. It's very swanky. And expensive. Which I don't mind, because another one of his friends got me a free pass to get in the park. My brother has his own season pass. It's warm but kind of cloudy so I'm not missing a beach day.

Comment

Good Evening, Lodge!

I am starting to have a really strong dislike of marketing people. My overall boss, director of marketing, gives me a project and says to be creative. No size. No store location. Just says I need a sign or graphic for an item. Then if I give something creative, it is not what they envisioned. I am at the point now asking "what is your vision on this project?" Then I do not get a clear picture.
                Originally posted by Skeeterman
                Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
                "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Happy Birthday ShirtlessBob!!

Late to the party. Sorry so late with the birthday wishes Shirtless. Back in whites for the first time in about 30 yrs teaching clinical. Interesting experience. Long day- clinical starts at 7 (8 this AM) and I teach lab until 7:30 at night. So far I am liking it. Only 2 days a week. Nice pocket change.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    Greetings from the happiest place on Earth! One of my brother's friends is a member of Club 33, which is this very fancy high end restaurant. He got us a lunch reservation. It's very swanky. And expensive. Which I don't mind, because another one of his friends got me a free pass to get in the park. My brother has his own season pass. It's warm but kind of cloudy so I'm not missing a beach day.
                    Very jealous -- it's a huge deal to eat there since the waiting list to get into Club 33 is decades long.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                      Good Evening, Lodge!

I am starting to have a really strong dislike of marketing people. My overall boss, director of marketing, gives me a project and says to be creative. No size. No store location. Just says I need a sign or graphic for an item. Then if I give something creative, it is not what they envisioned. I am at the point now asking "what is your vision on this project?" Then I do not get a clear picture.
                      Bill Hicks said it best (NSFW, language): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHEOGrkhDp0

Racking up the OT, still waiting for my PTO sched over the next 3 months. Should be interesting.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                        The Moonlight Bunny Ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
                          I am at the point now asking "what is your vision on this project?" Then I do not get a clear picture.
                          Welcome to my life on a weekly basis.

Comment

Sp the giant thunderstorms started in on Farmington now. The hail hits my house with such force that it sounds as if the stones are hitting my bedroom ceiling and not the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Sp the giant thunderstorms started in on Farmington now. The hail hits my house with such force that it sounds as if the stones are hitting my bedroom ceiling and not the roof.
                              Yep, got word and it's all south. Got a sprinkle, barely, here. For about a minute.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                                2023 National Champions
                                ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                                ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                                East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                                Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                                Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                                Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X