X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge #187: Lazy End Days Of Summer

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I'd like to, but don't have plans to go yet. If I don't have anything going on, I'm hoping to make it there. And Brent is high, there is nothing wrong with anyone going to First Ave to see a band that they like. Its not like the people going to Blackberry Smoke are going to be the same people that go to other concerts there, and even if they are, who cares?
    It will be Blackberry Smoke fans. Freaks (and I don't mean that as a negative) aren't going to a Souther Rock/Country show.

I saw that Semisonic's show that's coming up is sold out. That's gonna be nothing but 30-something - 40-something housewives dragging their husbands to a show.

Should have seen the crowd that was going to the 90's Craptastic Music Fest That's Best Forgotten, Not Celebrated Night at the Target Center. White and in their 40s summed up about 99% of them.

Comment

Brent's turned into an old biddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Brent's turned into an old biddy.

Which should be terrifying for Biddy.....
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          Which should be terrifying for Biddy.....
          He's going to be in his bathroom looking in the mirror, searching for a bald spot forming all night.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

I'm not saying the Blackberry crowd is shady, or anything. I've never had a problem in that area, because once I see there may be a problem, I move along. What was that line that we heard the one night, MNS? "I don't rep, I blaze" or "I don't shout, I shoot!" something like that, when he and I were out for a cigarette. We simply went inside at that point.

I'm just saying that THAT particular area, aside from whatever crowd is going to whatever event, has had some problems in recent months. A bit more than in years past.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              I'm not saying the Blackberry crowd is shady, or anything. I've never had a problem in that area, because once I see there may be a problem, I move along. What was that line that we heard the one night, MNS? "I don't rep, I blaze" or "I don't shout, I shoot!" something like that, when he and I were out for a cigarette. We simply went inside at that point.

I'm just saying that THAT particular area, aside from whatever crowd is going to whatever event, has had some problems in recent months. A bit more than in years past.
              "I don't fight, I blast", IIRC...
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                "I don't fight, I blast", IIRC...
                That was it. Thanks!

Right outside the piano bar on Block E.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

mookie is up earlier than the birds

Good Morning Lodge!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          That was it. Thanks!

Right outside the piano bar on Block E.
                          The Shout House? That moved when Mayo Clinic purchased the building. It's now located on 5th St, next to Cowboy Jack's, near Target Field.
                          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                            The Shout House? That moved when Mayo Clinic purchased the building. It's now located on 5th St, next to Cowboy Jack's, near Target Field.
                            Yep. This was a couple/few years ago, though.

Comment

Howdy Lodge. Last night's commute futher strengthened my belief that Wednesday is the new Tuesday. Well not just the commute. A work issue as well. To recap....

- Our partner agency has come up with an activation concept for one of our groups to use at a conference which is on 11/15. They presented budget last night, it was about 40% over what we told them they had to use. thankfully, we lowballed them with what our budget actually is so hopefully the budget gets approved. Because the conference is 11/15.
                              - Yesterday had planned to email out an invite out a request to certain employees to provide a quote (answer to some provided questions) and schedule time to get a head shot taken tomorrow morning. And naturally, Outlook was down from about 11:30am till after 5:00pm. Which is making it difficult to secure employees to do this. And we have to do this tomorrow. Because the conference is 11/15.
                              - This rush email happened because our agency told me on the afternoon of 10/24 the needed to release artwork by 10/31 to be able to print. They were going to wait till our 4pm meeting yesterday to provide me with the questions to use in the email invite to employees. Thankfully at out 4pm meeting our Creative Designer came up with a better way to manage it but we still need to have head shots taken tomorrow. Because, did I mention? The conference is 11/15
                              - But the best part was I left the office at 6pm and walked to Back Bay Station to take the T home. I saw a cameraman from one of the local news outlets and thought "This can't be a good sign." Then I saw several police cars and I went up to one of the officers who told me one of the subway cars caught fire. Excellent. Apparently they mentioned it on the Today Show this morning. Turned around, walked to a Green Line station, had to wait for four different trains to go by before I could cram myself on one of them to take me to a stop where the Orange Line picks back up. That took another two trains before I could squeeze on one of those so I could get home.

Wednesdays, man.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Howdy Lodge. Last night's commute futher strengthened my belief that Wednesday is the new Tuesday. Well not just the commute. A work issue as well. To recap....

- Our partner agency has come up with an activation concept for one of our groups to use at a conference which is on 11/15. They presented budget last night, it was about 40% over what we told them they had to use. thankfully, we lowballed them with what our budget actually is so hopefully the budget gets approved. Because the conference is 11/15.
                                - Yesterday had planned to email out an invite out a request to certain employees to provide a quote (answer to some provided questions) and schedule time to get a head shot taken tomorrow morning. And naturally, Outlook was down from about 11:30am till after 5:00pm. Which is making it difficult to secure employees to do this. And we have to do this tomorrow. Because the conference is 11/15.
                                - This rush email happened because our agency told me on the afternoon of 10/24 the needed to release artwork by 10/31 to be able to print. They were going to wait till our 4pm meeting yesterday to provide me with the questions to use in the email invite to employees. Thankfully at out 4pm meeting our Creative Designer came up with a better way to manage it but we still need to have head shots taken tomorrow. Because, did I mention? The conference is 11/15
                                - But the best part was I left the office at 6pm and walked to Back Bay Station to take the T home. I saw a cameraman from one of the local news outlets and thought "This can't be a good sign." Then I saw several police cars and I went up to one of the officers who told me one of the subway cars caught fire. Excellent. Apparently they mentioned it on the Today Show this morning. Turned around, walked to a Green Line station, had to wait for four different trains to go by before I could cram myself on one of them to take me to a stop where the Orange Line picks back up. That took another two trains before I could squeeze on one of those so I could get home.

Wednesdays, man.
                                SO far Thursday is my Tuesday but it still is not as bad as every day was when I was at the last place!

Comment

Working...
                                X