2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

No one on the Board purchased tickets on Day One? Seriously? Not a good start...

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
    I think it's a real possibility that a lot of the high-priority folks used to sitting down low may opt for the lower priced tickets this year. You can bet I'll think twice and three times before spending that much on tickets in the lower bowl. Priority applications this month could be a rush to secure cheap seats rather than good lower bowl seats.
    The price points are getting to be problematic, no doubt about it. But while I wouldn't want to draw sweeping conclusions based on a slow first day, I don't sense a rush to ANY price point.

If that is the case, they're going to have a hard time selling lower bowl tickets to the general public/walkup at these prices if that is the majority of the inventory left over. Or lower priority folks are going to say eff it and not get seats now and wait to see what teams are playing before committing this much money this early.
    This is the greater threat, IMHO. Raise prices in a time of decreasing demand, and you're liable to wind up with:

An empty building would serve them right.
    True. But depressingly enough, that result damages the entire college hockey community, not just the "greedy b@stids."

It will be interesting to see how things play out. I finally got a priority high enough to sit in the lower bowl and now I feel like I'm being squeezed out and I don't like it. At some point money isn't the issue.

Curious to hear what the high-priority folks are opting for.
    Well, I'm at Priority Level 19. My take is as follows:

1. It would be fun to sit on the glass, but the price is a total deal-breaker. For those that decide that's an appropriate expenditure, Good luck and God bless. But I'm out. Same thing with Row 2.

2. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm glad those who will sit in the Upper Level pay lower prices. Receive less value, pay a lower price. It's only right. But if I'm going to travel hundreds of miles for the tournament, I'm gritting my teeth and paying for lower bowl or club.

3. What's missing so far, more than anything else, is the lack of urgency among the Frozen Four fan base. Maybe I'm in the minority, but my group has been significantly inconvenienced by the late notice on the lottery dates, and the withholding of information on pricing and ticket limits. And yet I'm not *that* distressed. I've had the thought that if we can't get organized until October 1, maybe that's OK this year. Given the declining demand, maybe a modest delay won't hurt our vantage point all that much.

Bottom Line? My early guess is that the regulars will be in Chicago. But the purchase date may be delayed in many cases. And in another significant number of cases, long timers may simply wait for better values on the secondary market. Time will tell; stay tuned.

Comment

Hard to believe no posts on the seats or how the site worked, paper or by credit card to enter the venue etc.

Comment

FYI I emailed Kristin Fasbender to see if she could tell me who sets the prices but no response as of yet. Will let you know if I find out.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          FYI I emailed Kristin Fasbender to see if she could tell me who sets the prices but no response as of yet. Will let you know if I find out.
          A flippant response would be supply and demand. There is a break point where even the most rabid fan will say "Enough!" But people are still buying so it has not been reached.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
            No one on the Board purchased tickets on Day One? Seriously? Not a good start...

The price points are getting to be problematic, no doubt about it. But while I wouldn't want to draw sweeping conclusions based on a slow first day, I don't sense a rush to ANY price point.

This is the greater threat, IMHO. Raise prices in a time of decreasing demand, and you're liable to wind up with:

True. But depressingly enough, that result damages the entire college hockey community, not just the "greedy b@stids."

Well, I'm at Priority Level 19. My take is as follows:

1. It would be fun to sit on the glass, but the price is a total deal-breaker. For those that decide that's an appropriate expenditure, Good luck and God bless. But I'm out. Same thing with Row 2.

2. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm glad those who will sit in the Upper Level pay lower prices. Receive less value, pay a lower price. It's only right. But if I'm going to travel hundreds of miles for the tournament, I'm gritting my teeth and paying for lower bowl or club.

3. What's missing so far, more than anything else, is the lack of urgency among the Frozen Four fan base. Maybe I'm in the minority, but my group has been significantly inconvenienced by the late notice on the lottery dates, and the withholding of information on pricing and ticket limits. And yet I'm not *that* distressed. I've had the thought that if we can't get organized until October 1, maybe that's OK this year. Given the declining demand, maybe a modest delay won't hurt our vantage point all that much.

Bottom Line? My early guess is that the regulars will be in Chicago. But the purchase date may be delayed in many cases. And in another significant number of cases, long timers may simply wait for better values on the secondary market. Time will tell; stay tuned.

Also a 19 and was hoping to have guidance from the 20's Last year they alerted me to the availability of club seats which were best seats ever
            Hopefully someone will post today- Chicago is a great location but will it be hurt by cost and violence in city. Somewhat concerned how to leave arena to get back to hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by DLG View Post
              Also a 19 and was hoping to have guidance from the 20's Last year they alerted me to the availability of club seats which were best seats ever
              Hopefully someone will post today- Chicago is a great location but will it be hurt by cost and violence in city. Somewhat concerned how to leave arena to get back to hotel.
              Also was hoping for some help as have a group of 8 and unsure if will need to wait for our 2nd priority level to order the next 4 as that's an 8.

Might be discussion for different thread, but also unsure of how we plan to get to and from the United Center. Were looking at staying around Michigan Ave and from what I've read taxi's aren't real easy to grab after the games. Especially we have one person in our group that doesn't get around to quick anymore! I saw something about a United Center Express bus, but has anyone taken that and wondering the ease of getting on after the games and if it is just for fans headed to/from the game. Have been in Chicago many of times for Cubs games which is easy travel, but only to United Center a couple times and years ago.

Comment

I find it hard to believe I'm the first, but I got 4 tickets in section 226 (Club - directly behind goal), row 1 yesterday at right around 10:00. It actually wasn't finalized until some time later (30-40 minutes, I think). Just as in previous years, every time you look at a section and try to go back, you have to verify that you are not a robot. This time, instead of trying to decipher some odd looking code, you have to select a series of pictures that meet a given criteria (i.e. "select all photos that contain a storefront"). Very annoying, but par for the course these days.
                Center ice club seats not available.
                Center ice lower bowl very very limited (between 2 and 3 of the last rows available only for sections between the blue lines).
                Lower bowl end sections mostly available, but not completely.
                Upper bowl almost completely available.
                In almost all sections I checked, there appeared to be blocks of seats not even on the chart. The shapes don't always match the appearance on the seating chart from the United Center website. Unfortunately just like in Tampa I couldn't find a seat view locator on their site like they have on the arena sites in Pitt, Phil, and Bos.

Ticket limit (for the highest priority, at least) is 8. I can't imagine it will be much different for the rest unless they start running out of tickets more quickly than expected (unlikely).
                The prices are as quoted earlier that someone got from the NCAA website.
                Can't we all just get along?
                Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                  Also was hoping for some help as have a group of 8 and unsure if will need to wait for our 2nd priority level to order the next 4 as that's an 8.

Might be discussion for different thread, but also unsure of how we plan to get to and from the United Center. Were looking at staying around Michigan Ave and from what I've read taxi's aren't real easy to grab after the games. Especially we have one person in our group that doesn't get around to quick anymore! I saw something about a United Center Express bus, but has anyone taken that and wondering the ease of getting on after the games and if it is just for fans headed to/from the game. Have been in Chicago many of times for Cubs games which is easy travel, but only to United Center a couple times and years ago.
                  Doesn't sound too bad, but probably could be easier, like if they actually built the arena near an L-train stop...
                  http://www.unitedcenter.com/venue/directions-parking/
                  Can't we all just get along?
                  Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
                    Doesn't sound too bad, but probably could be easier, like if they actually built the arena near an L-train stop...
                    http://www.unitedcenter.com/venue/directions-parking/
                    I understand how frustrating the parking situation can be at the UC. It's far from ideal.

I've actually found that valet parking at the West End Bar & Grill (http://westendwestloop.com/) and using their shuttle is quite convenient for Hawks games. The Frozen Four should be no different. The bar is a 15-20 min walk from the UC.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                      I understand how frustrating the parking situation can be at the UC. It's far from ideal.

I've actually found that valet parking at the West End Bar & Grill (http://westendwestloop.com/) and using their shuttle is quite convenient for Hawks games. The Frozen Four should be no different. The bar is a 15-20 min walk from the UC.
                      Is it possible to get to the UC from downtown by train/subway?

Comment

This seating chart from Seat Geek is interactive so click on a section for a view! https://goo.gl/VOm6Mx

I am a priority 18. Wondering if you have to click again for paper tickets?

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
                          Is it possible to get to the UC from downtown by train/subway?
                          Kinda. The CTA Blue Line runs about 1/2 a mile south of the United Center. You'd use the Illinois Medical District station. The station is off of Damen Ave. which is the street on the West side of the UC. It's doable, but you'd want to keep your head about you when going back after the games. Usually it's recommended to use busses from Downtown instead of the "L". There are no METRA options in the area.

Comment

Kinda. The CTA Blue Line runs about 1/2 a mile south of the United Center. You'd use the Illinois Medical District station. The station is off of Damen Ave. which is the street on the West side of the UC. It's doable, but you'd want to keep your head about you when going back after the games. Usually it's recommended to use busses from Downtown instead of the "L". There are no METRA options in the area.
                            I'm staying in Oak Brooke/Lombard and will be driving, I-290 to exit 28A (Damen) and parking at one of the lots off Damen near the arena - back down Damen to I-290 - back to the hotel. Will this be as simple as it looks on the area map I'm looking at?

Comment

Originally posted by Hoover View Post
                              I'm staying in Oak Brooke/Lombard and will be driving, I-290 to exit 28A (Damen) and parking at one of the lots off Damen near the arena - back down Damen to I-290 - back to the hotel. Will this be as simple as it looks on the area map I'm looking at?
                              Thursday games will likely have traffic on the way in. That can suck if the stars align. Saturday should be ok, just don't try and arrive 3 minutes before puck drop... You may have some issue getting out of the parking lot as they can take some time to clear. Give yourself some time there.

Also, expect $25 (Non-UC owned) or $30("Official") parking.

Comment

Thursday games will likely have traffic on the way in. That can suck if the stars align. Saturday should be ok, just don't try and arrive 3 minutes before puck drop... You may have some issue getting out of the parking lot as they can take some time to clear. Give yourself some time there.

Also, expect $25 (Non-UC owned) or $30("Official") parking.
                                I always get to the arena well before the gates open, so some traffic should be no problem. My concern was the area/parking lots at Damen near the United Center and the safety issue. I'm sure it's fine at any big event, but my wife is a bit concerned about the crime in Chicago. We live near Toronto and have our share of crime here, but nothing like what we see happening in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                                X