Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
    You cannot purchase again even though you can look at seats if you did not buy 8. They wrote this on the order page: Only one request per individual/household will be accepted and a MAXIMUM of EIGHT tickets per order.
    Good catch. I'm genuinely surprised; and obviously missed that item on the order page. The upshot is that the "2 Pairs" strategy I suggested a while back should NOT be attempted on-line.

Perhaps Customer Service would sell you two pairs of seats in a phone order. It's clearly within the spirit of the rules. While common sense can't be assumed, Customer Service has done a good job of problem-solving over the years.

NCAA Customer Service 800-208-0048

Given the new insight, I would NOT recommend making one order on-line, then trying to make a second purchase through Customer Service. That variation really isn't within the spirit of the rule. Call Customer Service upfront.

Last Wrinkle: But if anyone has already made a first purchase, yet now wants to purchase the rest of their allotment, call anyhow. In that situation, there's nothing to lose. The worst they can do is say no.

Priority 9, Today's The Day. You know the drill.
    Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-17-2016, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
      Good catch. I'm genuinely surprised; and obviously missed that item on the order page. The upshot is that the "2 Pairs" strategy I suggested a while back should NOT be attempted on-line..
      I did it. Got two in the bowl and then two club seats. Separate orders. no problems.
      Originally posted by mookie1995
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
      Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
      Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
        I did it. Got two in the bowl and then two club seats. Separate orders. no problems.
        Glad to hear it. That's absolutely as it should be.

But in fairness to BC/HE, they've got a pretty flexible application of the phrase "only one request per individual/household." I suppose the intent was to stop spouses/roommates/siblings with the same mailing address from expanding the 8 ticket limit. From there, the second meaning probably didn't even occur to them.

It would be pretty easy to add a sentence clarifying things. "Note that you can continue to place orders until your 8 ticket limit is exhausted;" or words to that effect. Hope to see such a clarification included next year...

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
          goldy can afford to buy cheaper seats and then sell the expensive ones at a discount!!! just because
          He should sell them to me then!

Comment

The Blackhawks had a 5-7 min segment about the Frozen Four during their pregame show tonight. Takeaway from that is that General Public sales will happen Dec. 8th...
            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Good to hear the Hawks are embracing the event. Should help fill the building.

On a less positive note, if the December 8th offering includes Lower Bowl seating, there are going to be some unhappy campers on this board.

We've hit October 19th.
              Priority 8: On your mark, get set...

Comment

My buddy got four tickets in 320, row 7, seats 7-10. We're right behind him in row 8.

I don't know how much looking around he did prior to picking those seats. I had started looking low, but gave up shortly only finding front row seats. Not happening.
                I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Good to hear the Hawks are embracing the event. Should help fill the building.

On a less positive note, if the December 8th offering includes Lower Bowl seating, there are going to be some unhappy campers on this board.

We've hit October 19th.
                  Priority 8: On your mark, get set...
                  Eh, they've shown time and again they don't care about us.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

For better or worse, the system is still letting me search at Priority 8. Quick Update:
                    • There's a single for sale in Section 204. Otherwise you're looking at the Premium Seats on the Glass or the Upper Bowl.
                    • Upper Bowl Sections on the Sides have Middle Rows available. Rows 8-10 or so.
                    • Upper Bowl Corners & Ends still have some Low Rows for sale. Example: Section 323, 4 Seats in Row 2

Best of luck to everyone still in line.

Comment

As far as I can tell, relatively few sales have been made at Priority 8. That's in line with what I've observed in recent years; meaning that there's a lull in sales between two peaks of activity. As we get to the lower priority levels, I'd expect sales to pick up again.

Tonight's Scouting Report:
                      As previously mentioned, USCHO Posters may not accurately represent the Frozen Four fanbase as a whole. But our purchase reports have certainly tapered off. Bigger picture? I'm not seeing a lot of activity on the seating chart this week either.

Remember we're talking Upper Bowl at that this point.

In general, Row 2 Seating is available in the ends. As of 10/20/2016, Row 2 Seating was available in the following Sections:

306 & 307
                      310 & 311
                      323 & 325
                      328 & 329

And perhaps others. But for anything on the sides, and even part of the corners, you're looking at Row 8 or above.

Interestingly enough, directly behind the "Blackhawks Shoot Twice" net in Section 326, Row 8 is also the best you can do. But if you're willing to accept the "Blackhawks Shoot Once" end, you can sit right behind the net in Row 5. (Section 309)

FWIW. I'm quite mindful of the fact that none of these locations are going to be regarded as lottery wins. But choices remain that are good enough for a good time.

If any Priority 8s are out there, you've got just under 12 hours to beat the Priority 7s to the punch. The Priority 7 Window opens tomorrow morning at 10:00AM.
                      Last edited by pgb-ohio; 10-21-2016, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Priority 7. Logged on Oct 21 @ 10am on the dot. 2 seats, Corner Balcony, Row 2

As far as I can tell, relatively few sales have been made at Priority 8. That's in line with what I've observed in recent years; meaning that there's a lull in sales between two peaks of activity. As we get to the lower priority levels, I'd expect sales to pick up again.

Tonight's Scouting Report:
                        As previously mentioned, USCHO Posters may not accurately represent the Frozen Four fanbase as a whole. But our purchase reports have certainly tapered off. Bigger picture? I'm not seeing a lot of activity on the seating chart this week either.

Remember we're talking Upper Bowl at that this point.

In general, Row 2 Seating is available in the ends. As of 10/20/2016, Row 2 Seating was available in the following Sections:

306 & 307
                        310 & 311
                        323 & 325
                        328 & 329

And perhaps others. But for anything on the sides, and even part of the corners, you're looking at Row 8 or above.

Interestingly enough, directly behind the "Blackhawks Shoot Twice" net in Section 326, Row 8 is also the best you can do. But if you're willing to accept the "Blackhawks Shoot Once" end, you can sit right behind the net in Row 5. (Section 309)

FWIW. I'm quite mindful of the fact that none of these locations are going to be regarded as lottery wins. But choices remain that are good enough for a good time.

If any Priority 8s are out there, you've got just under 12 hours to beat the Priority 7s to the punch. The Priority 7 Window opens tomorrow morning at 10:00AM.
                        Last edited by rinkrat6; 10-21-2016, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Priority 6 Sec 310 row 5 for 6 together....

Thanks to NCAA ticketing system for offering me a discounted program and deleting my seat selection when I opted for it. Lost 2 rows because I had to start over......
                          Coach Speak: "He's a great guy in the room."
                          Translation: "We should leave him in the room, because he's lousy on the ice....."

Comment

Originally posted by Hockee View Post
                            Priority 6 Sec 310 row 5 for 6 together....
                            Appreciate the report. Sounds like there was at least a small flurry of sales when Priority 6 opened.

Thanks to NCAA ticketing system for offering me a discounted program and deleting my seat selection when I opted for it. Lost 2 rows because I had to start over......
                            Meaning you tried to add the program to "your cart," and the system responded by cancelling your order? That's just bizarre. Anyone else had this issue?

I don't order the FF program in advance, if I buy one at all. Since an immediate stop at the souvenir stand is inevitable for me, adding a program to the order is a non-issue. But I get that someone buying only a program might want to avoid the lines. And I get that the NCAA has an incentive to shorten the lines. Which makes the problem Hockee describes even more inexplicable. That kind of malfunction is a lose-lose on all sides.

Comment

Sometimes when one hesitates to make a purchase and tries again with not as good seats presented it may be wise to try again as often those seats are not available simply because someone else is looking at them. If they don't purchase them they get thrown back into the system a few minutes later. It could also be someone looking at for example 3 seats and 6 in a row are there so that when they throw them back any number from 1 to 4 or 6 can get in on them. I did not include 5 because they likely will not sell 5 and leave one available. So if you see better seats and then they are gone don't give up on them. The other seats will likely still be there if you have to go back after a while without luck.

Comment

I received a call from the NCAA today asking why I didn't purchase tickets for Chicago. I told the man on the phone that it was a combination of ever rising prices, not being sure I would be able to attend and my disappointment that after getting seats on the red line in Tampa my choices had once again been restricted to the corners and ends. As a side note, the man told me he had no idea what the red line or blue lines are, so he is obviously not a hockey fan. He also stated that if I didn't buy tickets I would lose my priority points and be dropped back to 0. I questioned him on that, but he was only able to tell me that was what he was told.

Sean
                                Last edited by Sean Pickett; 10-26-2016, 06:43 PM.
                                Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                                Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                                BU Hockey highlights and extras
                                NCAA Hockey Financials
                                Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                                I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Working...
                                X