Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    I, who haven't attended a Frozen Four since Washington, received a phone call from the NCAA wanting to know if I was interested in Frozen Four tickets. (Huh?).

Tokd him the tickets were too expensive. He also asked me if I knew anyone who wanted tickets. Told him, being in Maryland, that's a tough question.
    Both of your replies are perfectly reasonable, and are things the NCAA and the tournament hosts need to understand.

Strange.
    But the targeted marketing effort makes sense. As has been said in many conversations on the board, we're a niche sport. Beloved by those directly involved in college hockey, acknowledged by the larger hockey community, but barely on the radar for the rest of the sports world. Why wouldn't you direct your marketing to those who have shown an interest in the past?

The other thing to keep in mind is that they don't need a much of a response rate for such a campaign to be a success. If they're only trying to sell the remaining tickets in the public allotment, you're talking maybe a couple thousand tickets. Maybe the effort you describe will work; maybe it won't. But it strikes me as worth a try.

Comment

NCAA Mens Hockey Regional presale began today for folks who have signed up for alerts through NCAA, also a 10% off code for Frozen Four hospitality. Check your email, great seats available for Manchester and Providence for those who just want to attend.
      YALE HOCKEY
      2013 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
        NCAA Mens Hockey Regional presale began today for folks who have signed up for alerts through NCAA, also a 10% off code for Frozen Four hospitality. Check your email, great seats available for Manchester and Providence for those who just want to attend.
        I haven't received the email yet. What is the password? Thanks.
        Originally posted by mookie1995
        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
          I haven't received the email yet. What is the password? Thanks.
          For Providence - DEALS

Comment

• Originally posted by steven22 View Post
            For Providence - DEALS
            Thanks!
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

I saw something similar on Facebook... Code = "Gift"

In other news... What's left at the UC for us Priority 0's? I assume we're on the ends and in the top 10-12 rows of the building...
              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                I saw something similar on Facebook... Code = "Gift"

In other news... What's left at the UC for us Priority 0's? I assume we're on the ends and in the top 10-12 rows of the building...
                As of 10 days ago, yes, haven't looked since.
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  Based on a quick look at 4 Sections, Top 5-10 Rows would be more accurate. If you're willing to scour every section, it might be possible to get a little lower. Meaning more in the middle of the section, as opposed to the top.

Perhaps more to the point, you have until 11:59PM this Friday if you want to purchase tickets through the lottery process. Naturally the unsold tickets will find their way onto the market in some manner, at a later date. Whether the deal will get better or worse, who knows.

Happy Thanksgiving to All.

Comment

Interesting note:

Saw a presale code on the NCAA HOCKEY Facebook page this AM. Since I was bored I gave it a go. I was given a pair of seats in Sec 110 Row 10!

So that is where some of the lower bowl seats went. I was shocked. The $600 bill was a bit too rick for my blood... I'm going to get some seats in the Corner 300's out of this though. About Row 10-12.
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Subscribed. I missed the deadline to sign up for priority tickets. Anyone know when those who were too stupid To sign up have access to the pre sale?

Also, if I buy through a presale or general public, will that count for priority points? Or should I call the ticket office?
                      Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-30-2016, 06:56 AM.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Also, if I buy through a presale or general public, will that count for priority points? Or should I call the ticket office?
                        Bump
                        Code:
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Resubscribed
                          Code:

Comment

If you're hoping for points, you'll probably want to call. I believe RaceBoarder stated the general public sale starts on the 8th, so you'll want to get it done before then. I'm not saying you'll be successful, but I guess it's worth a try.
                            I was told there would be no math...

Comment

You will most likely get a better selection if you wait until just before the actual tourney starts then check the ticket section of this site for the seats.....there is always a good selection here as some teams are eliminated and the fans follow and the tix must be sold for face value

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                                You will most likely get a better selection if you wait until just before the actual tourney starts then check the ticket section of this site for the seats.....there is always a good selection here as some teams are eliminated and the fans follow and the tix must be sold for face value
                                Generally agree with this comment- However, [I] was thinking this morning that if Penn State makes the frozen four demand might skyrocket
                                Not a far fetched thought considering their current record.

Comment

Working...
                                X