X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
    Glad to be of service.

(steven22 has) put up lots of good information on this thread. One good turn deserves another. Which, of course, is a long standing tradition on the ticket threads.
    Originally posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    I find it hard to believe I'm the first, but I got 4 tickets in section 226 (Club - directly behind goal), row 1 yesterday at right around 10:00. It actually wasn't finalized until some time later (30-40 minutes, I think). Just as in previous years, every time you look at a section and try to go back, you have to verify that you are not a robot. This time, instead of trying to decipher some odd looking code, you have to select a series of pictures that meet a given criteria (i.e. "select all photos that contain a storefront"). Very annoying, but par for the course these days.
    Center ice club seats not available.
    Center ice lower bowl very very limited (between 2 and 3 of the last rows available only for sections between the blue lines).
    Lower bowl end sections mostly available, but not completely.
    Upper bowl almost completely available.
    In almost all sections I checked, there appeared to be blocks of seats not even on the chart. The shapes don't always match the appearance on the seating chart from the United Center website. Unfortunately just like in Tampa I couldn't find a seat view locator on their site like they have on the arena sites in Pitt, Phil, and Bos.

Ticket limit (for the highest priority, at least) is 8. I can't imagine it will be much different for the rest unless they start running out of tickets more quickly than expected (unlikely).
    The prices are as quoted earlier that someone got from the NCAA website.
    And I would be quite remiss if I didn't publically thank TigerFan86-87; whose informative post made my search much easier. Thumbs up.

Comment

Priority 18 here.
      Must have been a very busy day (or a ton of 18s). I usually sign on at 10 AM but was unable to order them until a little while ago.
      I always sit downstairs in one of the corners, but when I signed in, everything downstairs except for the ends were gone.
      Settled for Section 231. Looks promising. No club level seats in center ice. Comments?
      Last edited by RPI fan 4 life; 09-26-2016, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Priority 18. I logged in yesterday at 10 am and had no problems. Got 8 tickets together in 117 row 10

Comment

Originally posted by m294015
          I'm a priority number 18 and just wondered if everyone else got poor seat availability for the Frozen Four? Looks like the greedy NCAA blocked out all of the center lower and club sections leaving us true fans the "privilege" to sit in the corners and behind the goals. Any one else experience the same? Were any of you 20's and 19's able to get ANYTHING in the center sections? In Tampa I was 3rd row on the face off dot. Seems like most years the most loyal fans get shut out of the center sections. Disappointing...
          I wonder if they are being saved for Chicago Blackhawks season ticket holders.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
            ...I always sit downstairs in one of the corners, but when I signed in, everything downstairs except for the ends were gone.
            No doubt about, this was a striking difference from recent years. For those of us who like the corners, this is a loss.

Still, Club seating in the corners should be just as good, if not better, than the usual corner seats. So those at the highest levels of priority had a solution. But when that relatively small supply of seats runs out...well, you get the idea.
            Settled for Section 231. Looks promising. No club level seats in center ice. Comments?
            I truly believe that everyone in Club will enjoy their seats. Fair point about the lack of center ice seats. But historically speaking, we generally haven't had access that area of the arena. Keep reading...

Originally posted by m294015
            I'm a priority number 18 and just wondered if everyone else got poor seat availability for the Frozen Four? Looks like the greedy NCAA blocked out all of the center lower and club sections leaving us true fans the "privilege" to sit in the corners and behind the goals.
            Yes, and as per the above, even the supply of corners has been reduced.

BTW, thanks for joining the main conversation.

Any one else experience the same? Were any of you 20's and 19's able to get ANYTHING in the center sections? In Tampa I was 3rd row on the face off dot. Seems like most years the most loyal fans get shut out of the center sections. Disappointing...
            Factually you're quite correct. There is more than one way to spin that, of course. Regardless, let's take a quick look at the last 10 years.

We start with St.Louis 2007. From that point forward, the normal situation has been as follows: The vast majority of priority holders in the Lower Level are pinned behind the end lines.

There have been some wonderful exceptions. In DC 2009, I had great seats on the side, at roughly the high slot. Last year, meaning Tampa 2016, I had spectacular red line seats in the Club Level.

In harsh contrast, the 2010 FFFF in Detroit gave us a location on the sides -- but the seats were totally unusable. It was impossible to see the game from the "no slope" seats in the low rows. If you want to talk about a year when high priority people got screwed, this is the one. We literally became nomads at the tournament, searching for open seats as if we had purchased General Admission tickets. All that said, the Ford Field set-up was such an anomaly it's reasonable to hope that it will never be repeated.

But for the other years, the St. Louis pattern held true. Sometimes a very small handful of applicants at the top got great seats. Other years we literally had a "Lottery With No Winners." IIRC, I coined that phrase in connection with Pittsburgh 2013. Though in fairness to Pittsburgh, that year gave us the ability to select our seats within the designated areas -- a truly meaningful improvement.

Bottom Line? The lower demand tournaments in non-traditional markets give us the best seats. When demand is at least perceived to be higher, seat assignments return to normal. For better or worse, the assignments at the UC are mostly a return to normal. The notable quirk is that the additional Club Level seats come at the expense of the Lower Bowl corners.
            Last edited by pgb-ohio; 09-27-2016, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
              And I would be quite remiss if I didn't publically thank TigerFan86-87; whose informative post made my search much easier. Thumbs up.
              Any time.
              As long as we're all paying it forward, it's all good
              Can't we all just get along?
              Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

Comment

Priority 17 On Deck; On The Clock at 10:00 AM Wednesday Morning.

Tonight's Tip: You CAN Sit on the Sides
                But to do it you'll probably have to move up to the 300's, meaning the Upper Bowl.

Still, there is good news. Row 1 seating is still available. And the price for the 300's represents a meaningful savings over Lower Bowl and Club. Specific Options:

Section 318, Row 1: Center Ice, Facing Benches

Section 317, Row 2: Center Ice, Facing Benches

Section 302, Row 1: Blue Line, Facing Penalty Boxes

Section 333, Row 1: Blue Line, Facing Penalty Boxes

I actually employed the Upper Level strategy for Philly 2014. We wound up in First Row, straddling the Red Line. Overall, we were very pleased with the decision. So I'm not trying to sell you on something I'd never do myself. That said, a few posts ago you saw that I personally chose Club seats this time around.

Bottom Line? I point out the above four locations FYI & FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by hockeymom of 2 View Post
                  Priority 18. I logged in yesterday at 10 am and had no problems. Got 8 tickets together in 117 row 10
                  Looks like a solid choice. Behind the nets, with the first two rows out of the mix, I'd also move up 10+ rows.

Sincere thanks for posting your report. Priority 17s, let us hear from you as well!

Comment

Priority 17 Section 111 row 1 seat 1 and 2
                    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Switzer View Post
                      Priority 17 Section 111 row 1 seat 1 and 2
                      So you'll be serving as a Penalty Box Attendant?

Thanks for posting; enjoy the seats.

Comment

Hi - Bought tickets this morning.

Priority 17
                        Section 212, Row 4, on aisle.

Could have had Row 1 behind net in middle of row, but prefer corner (and aisle).

Thanks for all the info and tips here. That selection for paper tickets is too easy to miss.

Comment

Priority 17

Had to click on a few sections in Club but finally able to find 4 in row 1 of 207. Like PGB normally like facing the benches and not being on the same side, but row 1 desire outweighed that this time around.

Did seem there were less opportunities for row 1 than last year in Tampa.

Comment

Just bought 4 seats in row 1 of section 206. Priority 17. They came up on my first try and I decided to buy so I did not check out other locations. I'm guessing that next year the tickets will top $100 per game. It might be time to think about buying on the secondary market.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                              I'm guessing that next year the tickets will top $100 per game. It might be time to think about buying on the secondary market.
                              I decided to pass after buying tickets through the NCAA process every year since 1998, except for 2010. Between ever rising prices and being unable to attend 3 of the last 6 FFs, I decided it was time to take a break.

Sean
                              Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                              Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                              BU Hockey highlights and extras
                              NCAA Hockey Financials
                              Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                              I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I decided to pass after buying tickets through the NCAA process every year since 1998, except for 2010. Between ever rising prices and being unable to attend 3 of the last 6 FFs, I decided it was time to take a break.

Sean
                                Still have option to if your team makes it

Comment

Working...
                                X