X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
    Nick PapaG with our annual coordinated attack

Both priority 13, section 208, row 8, 4 seats together.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
      For the last 4 FF's, we've gotten 4 seats in the lower bowl. And this time, with better priority,
      Everyone else has a better priority this year too.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PfAAAO...e9g/s-l300.jpg
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
        Everyone else has a better priority this year too.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/PfAAAO...e9g/s-l300.jpg
        I meant worse. We had much better seats as priority 9, 10, 11, and 12 over the past seasons. And I can't really believe that everyone who skipped (and didn't raise their priority) were able to fill the lower bowl. So there are fewer seats for us to start with.

Comment

I meant worse. We had much better seats as priority 9, 10, 11, and 12 over the past seasons. And I can't really believe that everyone who skipped (and didn't raise their priority) were able to fill the lower bowl. So there are fewer seats for us to start with.
          I know. They just are offering less of the lower bowl IMO. In previous seasons I was able to get lower bowl as well after many years in the balcony. The pricing and offering of lower bowl seats has me putting this Chicago FF at about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Bonuses so far are a cheap flight out there and a cool city.

FWIW Kristen Fasbender has still not responded to my email about ticket pricing. I wonder if the committee chair would know. I bet he would respond.

Comment

I know. They just are offering less of the lower bowl IMO. In previous seasons I was able to get lower bowl as well after many years in the balcony. The pricing and offering of lower bowl seats has me putting this Chicago FF at about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Bonuses so far are a cheap flight out there and a cool city.

FWIW Kristen Fasbender has still not responded to my email about ticket pricing. I wonder if the committee chair would know. I bet he would respond.
            We are going to take a train to Chicago. Unless I can get a posters game going- then I'll drive and bring my hockey equipment.

Comment

priority 13, section 325, row 2, 4 seats.

I could not find 4 seat in the 2xx section at all- always told me that there were no seats....

and I started at 10:02 am.
              Looks like you were one of the very first to get closed out of Club. Wish it were otherwise.

Should you wind up on the cusp again in the future, you might want to search for two pairs. Hypothetical Example: Row 7, Seats 1-2 and Row 8, Seats 1-2 would be a nice set-up for a group of 4. But the way the NCAA's system is set up, it could tell you that nothing was available for a party of four, yet my hypothetical case could exist.

Note that gscott13 & Nick PG basically followed this strategy. Working with a partner made it a little easier to pull off. But it would have been possible to buy 2, log off, immediately log back in, and buy 2 more.

...We had much better seats as priority 9, 10, 11, and 12 over the past seasons. And I can't really believe that everyone who skipped (and didn't raise their priority) were able to fill the lower bowl. So there are fewer seats for us to start with.
              I know. They just are offering less of the lower bowl IMO. In previous seasons I was able to get lower bowl as well after many years in the balcony.
              You guys have it figured out. Virtually no one, even at Priority 20 (of 20), got Lower Bowl on the Sides. Lower Bowl Corners were taken out of the Public Lottery. Plain and simple, fewer Lower Seats were offered.

Up front, the payoff was more Club seats. But I foresaw that once the supply of Club Seats dwindled, people were going to be unhappy. For further details, review the early pages of the thread.

The pricing and offering of lower bowl seats has me putting this Chicago FF at about a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10. Bonuses so far are a cheap flight out there and a cool city...
              Re-Evaluate once you've watched 3 games from Club Level. Maybe you'll still land at 3 of 10. But I'm guessing your rating will rise.

One more thought, addressed to the FF fan base as a whole: For many years, we've all held to a dogmatic belief that anything in the Lower Bowl is good, and everything in the Upper Bowl is bad. Truth be told, it is more complicated than that. Some of the Lower Bowl/Behind the Net locations miss a lot of the action at the far end. Some of the Upper Bowl seats quite honestly are a better vantage point. Particularly the first few rows. Remember that Pittsburgh yanked the first couple of rows of the Upper Level/Sides from the Public Allotment. At least Chicago, like Philly, left that option in the mix.

Comment

Priority 12 Today.

Looking back at last week, it certainly seems like there was an uptick in sales. It's always been difficult to know the number of priority holders at each level. But it does appear that there are more purchasers in the market now. Good news for the tournament; stressful for those still in line.

As always, seat location reports will be much appreciated.

Comment

Priority 12 Row 303 row 2 seats 9-12 -- Club and lower level were gone if you wanted 4 tickets unless you want the really expensive seats...

Comment

Originally posted by Quinns View Post
                    Priority 12 Row 303 row 2 seats 9-12
                    Should be a decent vantage point, especially from Row 2. Appreciate the report.

Club and lower level were gone if you wanted 4 tickets unless you want the really expensive seats...
                    I'm shocked that the Lower Bowl Ends went so quickly. It went from "plenty of good seats available" to "sold out" between Priority 15 and Priority 12. I suppose the NCAA could have pulled some seats off the market. But more likely there's a sizable group of priority holders who have been to roughly 2/3 of the tournaments over the last 20 years.

Not that I seriously doubted you, but I did double-check. We're talking about the following sections: 105; 106; 107; 116; 117 and 118. And yes, sure enough, the only thing left are the Pricing-On-Steroids Seats in Rows 1 & 2.

Comment

• Re: 2017 Frozen Four Ticket Purchase

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
                      Should be a decent vantage point, especially from Row 2. Appreciate the report.

I'm shocked that the Lower Bowl Ends went so quickly. It went from "plenty of good seats available" to "sold out" between Priority 15 and Priority 12. I suppose the NCAA could have pulled some seats off the market. But more likely there's a sizable group of priority holders who have been to roughly 2/3 of the tournaments over the last 20 years.

Not that I seriously doubted you, but I did double-check. We're talking about the following sections: 105; 106; 107; 116; 117 and 118. And yes, sure enough, the only thing left are the Pricing-On-Steroids Seats in Rows 1 & 2.
                      When has the highest sale volume occurred in the past? I'd imagine that has to be coming up around priority 8-10 or so. Seems to be where you have the highest amount of serious, repeat shoppers.

I'd be a 1st time buyer here and trying to figure out if it's worth it to get a priority point or to be cheap and play the secondary market.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I'd be a 1st time buyer here and trying to figure out if it's worth it to get a priority point or to be cheap and play the secondary market.
                        Around the time of the regional games there are always Frozen 4 tickets for sale on this site......seems many buy them hoping their team will make it to the show......this board insists they are sold for no more than face value......so you can either buy what is left or sit back and wait, but rest assured there will be tickets available in March and some will be very good

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                          When has the highest sale volume occurred in the past? I'd imagine that has to be coming up around priority 8-10 or so. Seems to be where you have the highest amount of serious, repeat shoppers.
                          It's a great question. Unfortunately, for those of us on the outside looking in, we're really just speculating. And in recent years the speculation has gotten tougher because the lottery threads receive fewer reports. It's been at least 7 years since anyone in the lottery was shut out of the building, so the decline in interest in the topic is understandable.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I've long believed that the demand in the Priority Lottery peaks twice. If you want, call it a bi-modal distribution. The first peak occurs a few levels below the top. The second, a few levels above the bottom. With relatively low sales volume in the middle.

However, that has been called into question by the surge in sales that apparently occurred at Levels 13 & 14. Why the new pattern? Again, it's just educated guesswork, but here are a few of thoughts:

Alternate Theory #1: High priority holders have skipped a few tournaments in recent years. The tournament has gone to Tampa twice in a five year period. For some, that's too far to travel. Then there was the FFFF in Detroit. Obvious issues. Finally, advance sales for Philly were soft. For all those reasons, maybe the first peak has moved down 2-3 Priority Levels. Before we started this lottery, I might have said we'll have a peak around Priority 17. But if this alternate theory is correct, maybe the first peak moved down to Level 14 or so.

The USCHO reports don't really support the alternate theory. But perhaps USCHO Posters are no longer a representative sample of the FF Fan Base as a whole. Or maybe it's even more basic. Perhaps the number of reports we now get is simply too small to give a reliable picture of the larger market.

Alternate Theory #2: We've been at this for 15 years. Priority Levels are based on a 20 year period. Maybe the peaks have simply flattened out as priority holders are spread out over more data points.

Another great question. Several thoughts:

1. Ticket prices on the secondary market fluctuate with the participating teams. But for most recent tournaments, secondary market tickets have sold for less than face value. That includes some great seats, as satyking says. And BTW, if you go that route, that's not being cheap. You're figuring out how to get good value in the marketplace. Two different things. If fair market value is below face value, getting tickets at fair market value isn't being cheap.

2. For the foreseeable future, the low priority levels will get Upper Bowl seating. Look ahead 10 years. Will Priority 10 (of 30) get you into the Lower Bowl? Maybe. But definitely iffy. And almost certainly not before. Is that attractive enough to draw you into the system? Your call.

3. The 2018 FF is in St. Paul. Based on 2011, having a priority point probably assures you'll get into the building. Hoping to buy from the public allotment with no points at all? A bit of a risk. Yes, there's still the secondary market. But circle back to the first point. If the U of MN qualifies for the 2018 Field, the secondary market suddenly becomes a sellers' market. Same with UND. So having at least one priority point (and making the early purchase) gives you a little bit of protection from being closed out of a tournament where demand spikes.

4. Beyond 2018, will having a priority point or two be a good insurance policy? Well, the NCAA hasn't announced tournament sites beyond 2018. So once again, we're speculating. But the pattern has been that the NCAA is very interested in having the FF in non-traditional cities. Translation? Not much risk of being closed out of those cities. Not much value to the insurance in those years.

Those are the issues as I see it. Polish up that crystal ball and have at it.

In 10 minutes, Priority 11 goes on the clock.

Comment

Priority 11, Section 320, Row 3, 4 seats

Comment

Being at the priority 4 level, I am still deciding on buying through the NCAA an going secondary market.

Comment

Finally caught up on this thread for this year. To confirm, no sets of four at all in the lower or club besides rows 1 and 2?

Comment

Working...
                                X