Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
    This is the first weekend since October 21, 22 that RPI has an undefeated weekend.
    Happy holidays to all my fellow posters...
    It's finals, so you never know...

But hopefully those are going well for all current students, including the team.

Comment

Love seeing union in first again smh fml
      What is our record vs union and Clarkson our arch rivals since mr appert took over ?
      I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
        What is our record vs union and Clarkson our arch rivals since mr appert took over ?
        We aren't rivals with Clarkson. Well according to its pep band who chanted that when we played them earlier this year.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
          We aren't rivals with Clarkson. Well according to its pep band who chanted that when we played them earlier this year.
          Well, then maybe they won't care if we win.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Well, then maybe they won't care if we win.
            Those young kids don't know who our rivals are - but the old guys do
            Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
            Clarkson 1990

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
              For Union, since 2007 (year/winning team/W-L-T/combined scores):
              2016-17 Union 2-0-0 7-3
              2015-16 RPI 3-0-0 13-5
              2014-15 RPI 2-1-0 11-10
              2013-14 Union 2-1-0 9-6
              2012-13 Union 3-0-0 14-7
              2011-12 Union 5-0-0 22-8
              2010-11 1-1-1 8-8
              2009-10 Union 3-1 16-12
              2008-09 Union 2-0-1 6-2
              2007-08 Union 2-1-0 8-5

Total Union 21-9-2 (65.6%) 105-75
              Last edited by UFan; 12-19-2016, 11:52 AM.
              Let's go Union !
              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Still in 59th; Eastern Bias, er PWR, has us at 58th.

Also, Appert started coaching in 06-07. However, I can understand why you wouldn't want to give us another win and tie.

Comment

Kenneth Gillespie is in the on-line RPI directory. He was not there in the fall semester. I assume it is the same Kenny Gillespie since he is listed as a management major. Conceivably he is going back to school but not playing hockey until next fall, but that would seem unlikely to me. Comments?
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-22-2016, 09:38 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Kenneth Gillespie is in the on-line RPI directory. He was not there in the fall semester. I assume it is the same Kenny Gillespie since he is listed as a management major. Conceivably he is going back to school but not playing hockey until next fall, but that would seem unlikely to me. Comments?
                    Whether or not he's on the ice, this is terrific news to see he is healthy enough to continue his education.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Whether or not he's on the ice, this is terrific news to see he is healthy enough to continue his education.
                      Agreed. He was still 20 years old when he entered RPI. so he could redshirt this season and have two full years to play. My gut feeling is that won't happen, but my gut is getting old and unpredictable.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Agreed. He was still 20 years old when he entered RPI. so he could redshirt this season and have two full years to play. My gut feeling is that won't happen, but my gut is getting old and unpredictable.
                        Agreed. Glad he has returned to school. It would also be nice to see him back on the ice. He brings some things this team seems to lack. I know overall team play, scoring and consistency are major problems right now, the grit and effort that Gillespie and Rodrguez bring most nights is also a problem.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                            Agreed. Glad he has returned to school. It would also be nice to see him back on the ice. He brings some things this team seems to lack. I know overall team play, scoring and consistency are major problems right now, the grit and effort that Gillespie and Rodrguez bring most nights is also a problem.
                            It would certainly be nice to see a large, aggressive forward making a hard charge to the net, pouncing on rebounds and setting screens. He was one of my favorite players and, if he is back on the ice, has the potential to play a role we desperately need.

Comment

Those of us of a certain vintage may remember a game between RPI and Colgate almost 50 years ago which ended in a Pier Six donnybrook. The game was terminated with about a minute left in the second period when it was determined that play could not be resumed, because so many players were going to have to serve penalty time that neither team would be able to put the required minimum of four players on the ice.

There were two referees on the ice that night, but for some reason, the name of Giles Threadgold is the only one fans remembered.

I note that Threadgold has just passed away. He was in his 90's and was a World War II veteran who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was awarded two Purple Hearts.

I guess after that experience, he didn't let himself be bothered too much by a tussle in a college hockey game.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                                Those of us of a certain vintage may remember a game between RPI and Colgate almost 50 years ago which ended in a Pier Six donnybrook. The game was terminated with about a minute left in the second period when it was determined that play could not be resumed, because so many players were going to have to serve penalty time that neither team would be able to put the required minimum of four players on the ice.

There were two referees on the ice that night, but for some reason, the name of Giles Threadgold is the only one fans remembered.

I note that Threadgold has just passed away. He was in his 90's and was a World War II veteran who fought in the Battle of the Bulge and was awarded two Purple Hearts.

I guess after that experience, he didn't let himself be bothered too much by a tussle in a college hockey game.
                                I was at that game too.

The other ref was Dana Hennigar. No, I didn't remember who the other ref was and I didn't record it in my score card. I looked at the on-line PDF of the Poly. He died in 2007. The Boston area hockey establishment had something against us back then. (Now it seems to be more wide spread. )
                                Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-24-2016, 05:51 AM.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X