Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
    Real?? Why say it if you can't deliver? If I'm not mistaken, he was hired to deliver! 250K a year for a cheerleader is overpriced!
    Can you prove this $250K a year cheerleader salary? I would like to see it as probably most since I cannot find the info you seem to have. Especially if you want me to believe half the $h1t you have posted on here about having inside knowledge. As far as I know you are just an other jerk off who claims to blow Appert before all the home games as AspyDad does who in reality would be better off giving his wife the oral sex!!

Comment

This thread is the best.

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
        This thread is the best.
        Just when you it was safe to go back into the water...

Welcome back AspyDad! I've been away for a little while, too. (But you'll see me starting some game threads from time to time.) I've been away because I've been busy (80%) and the general tone/temperature of our thread hasn't drawn me back in (20%).

I support our coach and players. The first part of the season has not been what anyone has wanted or expected. It seems that in each of the last several years there has been a team which has started ECAC play poorly but grew stronger as the season progressed and became a team 'no one wanted to play' in March.

We can be that team this year. See you at the Field House.
        Last edited by fr. joe; 12-08-2016, 08:42 AM.

Comment

I was thinking about the thread title again. It's only been a fun ride for those who like the downhill part of roller-coasters.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
            Just when you it was safe to go back into the water...

Welcome back AspyDad! I've been away for a little while, too. (But you'll see me starting some game threads from time to time.) I've been away because I've been busy (80%) and the general tone/temperature of our thread hasn't drawn me back in (20%).

I support our coach and players. The first part of the season has not been what anyone has wanted or expected. It seems that in each of the last several years there has been a team which has started ECAC play poorly but grew stronger as the season progressed and became a team 'no one wanted to play' in March.

We can be that team this year. See you at the Field House.
            If anything, with people coming in and out, it speaks to what we all truly want to see with this team: Steadiness and Consistency. And with the adverb "successful" attached to each. Does this mean we have to be a dynasty? No; "curve balls" are going to happen, and we have to adapt in order to maintain our steadiness and consistency. Steady and consistent success in goal, steady and consistent success in front of our goal, steady and consistent success in front of our blue line, and steady and consistent success in front of our opponent's blue line are what I would like to see from this team on the ice. Since the Appert system has come into full swing (and as I mentioned before, I'm willing to give a few years to get it into position), I have seen one of the four. That doesn't speak volumes to me. We can do better. I have lost my patience with this regime being able to attain the other three. There have been ten years of "good, ****, good, ****, good, ****". Last year was good, so this year ends up being ****? If we are trying to prepare these kids for the professional world, where steadiness and consistency is to be expected of them, whether on or off the ice, why should we not have expectations for successful steadiness and consistency at the last step before any sort of professional endeavour?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              It's only been a fun ride for those who like the downhill part of roller-coasters.
              That's the part where you pick up enough speed to get over the next hump, right?
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                That's the part where you pick up enough speed to get over the next hump, right?
                We're picking up a lot of speed.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Stay@homeDad View Post
                  Can you prove this $250K a year cheerleader salary? I would like to see it as probably most since I cannot find the info you seem to have. Especially if you want me to believe half the $h1t you have posted on here about having inside knowledge. As far as I know you are just an other jerk off who claims to blow Appert before all the home games as AspyDad does who in reality would be better off giving his wife the oral sex!!
                  Dude, if I didnt play golf with you I'd report this to the administrator.
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by kdiff77 View Post
                    This thread is the best.
                    Its a lot better when Im posting.
                    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      If we eat SA's contract we can't let that affect what the new coach gets.
                      Hockey gets so much Ralph. Whatever she outlays for anything to do with hockey will come out of the program's hide. I echo Fr. Joe's sentiment. Im done posting for awhile, it's been real. Just two days back and I've been called "Ignorant" and been labeled as a homosexual. Ill leave you all with my favorite song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6gBw-tK82E

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                        Hockey gets so much Ralph. Whatever she outlays for anything to do with hockey will come out of the program's hide. I echo Fr. Joe's sentiment. Im done posting for awhile, it's been real. Just two days back and I've been called "Ignorant" and been labeled as a homosexual. Ill leave you all with my favorite song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6gBw-tK82E
                        To borrow a phrase from the great Tetris player KevinDDR, "We love you and cherish the memories we made. I hope time is kind, and allows us to craft just a few more." A good Christmas to you, sir.

Comment

Maybe the new title for this thread be Suffering with Seth. It can always be worse 37 years without an NCAA bid for Dartmouth

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
                            Real?? Why say it if you can't deliver? If I'm not mistaken, he was hired to deliver! 250K a year for a cheerleader is overpriced!

Read that when SA interviewed at Denver the previous coach was rumored to making $231,000. So the $250K makes sense if they were trying to keep him in Troy. Also in 2015 median salary of D1 Hockey coach was reportedly $373,000 without bonuses or endorsements. York at BC reportedly had total compensation of $1.2 million ($625 base) and the new WI coach reportedly gets paid $500,000 - and his two assistants each get $200,000 according to published reports.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                              I called your view ignorant, not you. Regardless, Merry Christmas.
                              Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Maybe a junior coach or try a hot assistant from a big school and worst case a stud coach from Atlantic hockey
                                I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Working...
                                X