Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
    Our assistant coaches are bottom tier as well no added value
    Both always on the road. They work very hard.
    "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      Also on that point, don't the hockey players have access to the ECAV training area, instead of the Armory area? That was new; it wasn't just a football stadium that was built.
      I think they train there but it's all about the barn IMO.
      "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
        Look at how much activity on this board has spiked after a pair of losses and the return of AspyDad!
        The best threads of my involvement were the Schott incident. Paul Stewart taking a shot at MGC that Jason Klump over heard and the BU thread when every one started unloading (Nick and all those guys). The BC and BU guys can be vicious!!!!! Good stuff.

Comment

I like our guys, I think they have been under performing. You take Kazzie off the team and its a big deal. Like when you took Pirri. Jerry D, Haggs Mike Z. etc. etc. Just a few random thoughts, taking Ken Schott off the Union beat was idiotic of the Gazette. Kenny is one of the all time homers but he was part of the buzz around the games. I miss DrD and hope that he is well along with Jenny. Also RHam talked about Corsi numbers, where can I find them or is he (RHam) creating them???

Comment

Btw- Earlier a poster stated that MGC makes $250k. I hope he does and good for him, I highly doubt it. But I found this blog about salary to be illuminating. When written in 09 median salary in ECAC was 150K. Prob not changed much because great recession, college bubble etc.

http://bilmes.blogspot.com/2009/07/pucks-and-bucks.html

Comment

more perspective

http://www.bgsuhockey.com/2015/07/wc...5-2016-season/

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                Btw- Earlier a poster stated that MGC makes $250k. I hope he does and good for him, I highly doubt it. But I found this blog about salary to be illuminating. When written in 09 median salary in ECAC was 150K. Prob not changed much because great recession, college bubble etc.

http://bilmes.blogspot.com/2009/07/pucks-and-bucks.html
                Plus, wouldn't most of the money just be funneled to "Her Majesty", anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                  Our assistant coaches are bottom tier as well no added value
                  If you were AD-for-a-day, who would be on your short list? And no "looking back"; forward only.

Comment

Corsi numbers are available at CHN.

Link for the lazy
                    RPI Pep Band
                    GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                    🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                    2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                    2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

I'm trying to determine AD's bottom line. We are an engineering school in Troy and that's not going to change. We have limited non-technical degree offerings. Yes, management majors have to take calculus, although they take Calc 1500 for Mgmt, Archies and HASS, which is comparable to the requirements in most undergrad business schools (they haven't take the same version as the engineers for at least 15 years). Although some behind the scenes and support facilities have improved, we do have a 60+ year old rink. Given the school's present financial state that probably won't change. Is the point that, given our limitations, this is as good as it gets? That HGC has done as much with the program as is possible? Are the only options to find $50M+ for a new rink or accept the status quo? What should be done?

Comment

If you were AD-for-a-day, who would be on your short list? And no "looking back"; forward only.
                        IF, they choose to replace the coach after the season.
                        Two choices that they might have a chance of landing:
                        Ben Barr and Mark Jooris
                        Barr has all the credentials. Jooris is a guy who has coached in Juniors, but is an unknown as far as college coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                          Ben Barr and Mark Jooris
                          Barr has all the credentials. Jooris is a guy who has coached in Juniors, but is an unknown as far as college coaching.
                          Barr most likely next one in queque for a big job. If they were to try a buyout (God forbid, wont happen) the next Coach will get paid nothing. IMO Jooris would not be in picture.

Comment

Jay Varady is another name to watch. Now, if you want the guy who can “schmooze” the Admissions Office, that’s BU’s Albie O’Connell. He did it at Harvard. Doubt in a million years he’ld leave where he’s at to come to RPI though.
                            Last edited by turk181; 12-07-2016, 09:14 PM.
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasma View Post
                              Ben Barr and Mark Jooris

At least potential recruits know who Barr is. He's always at midget/prep/ juniors tournaments, showcases and camps - along with most other ECAC, HE and Atlantic Hockey staff.

And as SA was quoted in CHN recently:
                              "Confidence plays into it (struggles) but you also earn your confidence," RPI coach Seth Appert said. "We haven't on a consistent basis wanted to play with enough tenacity and grit and toughness to be successful night in, night out. Then you lose some games because of that and you aren't a very confident team."

It actually says a lot about the coach - he brought them in and now questions the leadership, character and heart of the the players he's recruited.....pretty lame.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                                Barr most likely next one in queque for a big job. If they were to try a buyout (God forbid, wont happen) the next Coach will get paid nothing. IMO Jooris would not be in picture.
                                If we eat SA's contract we can't let that affect what the new coach gets.
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X