Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

And as of right now, in KRACH, we are dead last.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
      Heavy sigh.

I expected to lose to Quinnipiac. I thought we had this one, and then it was 4-1 and I really thought we had it. I mean ****.
      the stat of 25 SOG allowed in the third periods of both games this weekend really jumps out. We were outshot 50-8 and outscored 5-2 in those periods. Lucky that wasn't worse.

For the weekend we were outshot 106-36.

Whatever Appert tells this team before games and between periods, it's time to throw the book out.

Comment

I expected Quinnipiac to come after us in the third period. And I wasn't surprised by the shot discrepancy.
        But against Princeton, I expected an even third period at worst. We just laid down and let them come at us.
        If this was due to coaching, the whole staff needs to go.
        If it was the team, the coaching staff has lost the team, and needs to go.
        I have supported SA in te past, but this game and our play in the third period put an end to any support I have for him.
        Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
        Benjamin Franklin
        The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
        Gary Player

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          And as of right now, in KRACH, we are dead last.
          Loss for words
          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            We lost out on his son because we got Pirri and D'Amigo. Had we not gotten both we probably would have gotten him.
            Sorry Ralph...you're wrong on this one. It was the forward from Kingston they took instead. Forget his name but he had his neck cut with a skate.
            I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by sk8tronthepond View Post
              Sorry Ralph...you're wrong on this one. It was the forward from Kingston they took instead. Forget his name but he had his neck cut with a skate.
              You mean Brock Higgs?

Comment

I assume that you mean Brock Higgs.

I certainly could be wrong but I thought that Jooris wanted to come a year earlier when Pirri and D'Amigo came.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

I certainly could be wrong but I thought that Jooris wanted to come a year earlier when Pirri and D'Amigo came.
                  That class only had 5 kids, did it not? Pirri, D'Amigo, O'Grady, Merriam, and Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
                    Loss for words
                    We are 59th after the western teams finished their games, but that's not really helping matters much.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      That class only had 5 kids, did it not? Pirri, D'Amigo, O'Grady, Merriam, and Lee.
                      That sounds correct.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jmhusker View Post
                        JohnK speaks the truth. After hearing Appert say we would have a "final 4 quality offense" and then seeing the initial results, for me it was like a switch went off this season. I've had enough of the snake oil. Now I simply monitor things from afar... checking the scores online here and there but expecting little. The program makes no sense to me. We lost a great goalie last season but little else... yet we simply cannot score goals this year. Many kids look good as freshmen but seem to regress and then plateau at a lower level. It has to be the coaching. I feel like I've invested too much time on this regime already. RPI feels like the Cuba of college and hockey... hopefully we won't need to wait as long for our Castros (both Seth and Shirley) to die (metaphorically.... I'm not wishing ill health on anyone).
                        Amen. Your insight is missed here. Hope you're well.
                        Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

on another note, what more needs to be said about the current state of affairs? 4-1 lead against the league doormat, endless penalties, 25 shots on goals in the final period (against the same league doormat) and end result is a 6-5 loss.

I feel for the kids on the team. They deserve better, and some elements of leadership. Enough is enough.
                          Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

• Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            on another note, what more needs to be said about the current state of affairs? 4-1 lead against the league doormat, endless penalties, 25 shots on goals in the final period (against the same league doormat) and end result is a 6-5 loss.

I feel for the kids on the team. They deserve better, and some elements of leadership. Enough is enough.
                            Princeton much better than record. I would say 3rd best skating team in league after harvard and clarkson. Princeton definitely on the rise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Sorry. Yes you are correct. It was Brock Higgs that they took instead of Jooris. That information at the time, came from an assistant coach - obviously not Vines.
                              I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Sorry. Yes you are correct. It was Brock Higgs that they took instead of Jooris. That information at the time, came from an assistant coach - obviously not Vines.
                                Monty or Kurulak?

Comment

Working...
                                X