Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

pregame video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlHA...UrIxODExMjAxNg
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

You get shutout and think you played well, when it was very clear that anything in front of your own blue line was just plain terrible?! How much longer until 2021... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrSeb3xycww

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        You get shutout and think you played well, when it was very clear that anything in front of your own blue line was just plain terrible?! How much longer until 2021... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrSeb3xycww
        Unfreakinreal
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          While I agree with you in one sense, they weren't terrible out there. The score is certainly a little misleading, it was a pretty even until it was 3-0. The inability to score is hurting this team, and until they start doing that, they'll lose even when they play well.

They need to put the puck in the net.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
            Tempe - Right near the Phoenix zoo.
            thanks see you friday

Comment

Happy turkey day all
              See u in January sigh
              I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by Havasu M View Post
                thanks see you friday
                Went down there a few weeks back. Played one game where the Coyotes play (Glendale) and the other at the rink near campus in Tempe. The rink in Tempe is like a high school rink (in a good way). Can't seat more than 1K people. Very old school. A really unique experience (they sell beer there as well).

We had dinner beforehand at a cool pub - Culinary Dropout which was great (ribs were great):
                http://www.culinarydropout.com/location/tempe/

We played golf during the day in 90 degree weather and then put on sweatshirts and jeans for hockey at night. Not a bad weekend at all!

Enjoy.

Comment

The FB team defeated NY Maritime 38-6 in Philadelphia.

Edit:
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-20-2016, 06:47 PM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    The FB team defeated NY Maritime 38-6 in Philadelphia.

Edit:
                    That looks like historic Franklin Field in the background. Congrats to the football team!

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      That looks like historic Franklin Field in the background.
                      Correct. That's where the game was played.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

A shout-out to the team and hockey staff:

My grandson, who participates in the Troy Youth Hockey program, was selected to skate out with the team Friday night. He had a great time with the players and staff. They talked with him about their youth hockey days and other hockey matters. From all accounts the players and staff are a class act and represent RPI well. I would add that I had the same reaction when a few RPI players several years ago visited with my granddaughters' youth hockey team. I realize there is a lot of criticism of Coach Appert on this thread but I can confidently that he recruits players who are classy and ensures that they stay that way. In this era of athletic recruiting in other sports that is high praise.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hutter View Post
                          I realize there is a lot of criticism of Coach Appert on this thread but I can confidently that he recruits players who are classy and ensures that they stay that way. In this era of athletic recruiting in other sports that is high praise.
                          I don't think anyone here would take issue with that. Everyone seems to agree that Appert is great guy and decent recruiter. Unfortunately being a class act doesn't necessarily mean you can put the puck in the net.
                          RPI Pep Band
                          GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
                          🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
                          2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
                          2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post

No it's going to be OK!! I just found out that Seth still firmly believes that we are an NCAA tournament team! Everything is awesome!

Comment

Never thought I'd say this back when the season started, but I think we are looking at a pretty even match-up with the Scum Devils. They come in at 2-11, we are (gulp) 2-10-1. They just put in 4 goals against the #10 team in the nation so there can't be any expectations on our end. At least the boys will get some sun - looks to be about 75 and clear on Fri/Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
                                No it's going to be OK!! I just found out that Seth still firmly believes that we are an NCAA tournament team! Everything is awesome!
                                So necessary... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2R2sH2ScBM

Comment

Working...
                                X