Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Not too much chatter before what seems to be (at least to me) a VERY important weekend. After starting off 0-3, this team needs to regain confidence and build momentum going into the meat of the season. Hard to image the mentality of a young team if we were to start off 0-5. Also, the status of our injured players (gotta feel for Brady - especially after having to miss all of last year) plays a key role - we seem to have really been hit harder than usual with injuries over the past few seasons - more than I can remember in the 27 years I've been following this team.

That said, winning cures everything, so Let's Go Red!

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonMike View Post
      Not too much chatter before what seems to be (at least to me) a VERY important weekend. After starting off 0-3, this team needs to regain confidence and build momentum going into the meat of the season. Hard to image the mentality of a young team if we were to start off 0-5. Also, the status of our injured players (gotta feel for Brady - especially after having to miss all of last year) plays a key role - we seem to have really been hit harder than usual with injuries over the past few seasons - more than I can remember in the 27 years I've been following this team.

That said, winning cures everything, so Let's Go Red!
      Part of the problem with all the injuries, I believe, is we’re getting players who’ve had the injuries prior to coming to Troy; Burgess missed a year in Jrs. with a kneecap problem (1 of the surgeries performed recently).....Tironese missed most of the year in Jrs. prior to his arrival (same shoulder was operated on last year).....Nanne with both shoulders operated on before his arrival. Again, that’s just a part of it but the last 4-5 yrs. have had more than their share of long-term injuries that’s for sure.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Certainly hope last year’s Rookie GOY gets into at least 1 of the games this wknd., if not both.
        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Certainly hope last year’s Rookie GOY gets into at least 1 of the games this wknd., if not both.
          I agree.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

SA’s Pre-Game video. The interviewer says early in that he’s new to the sport but I would’ve liked 2 questions asked, will we see Hackett over the wknd. & is Wiffen able to play. BTW, there’s no mention of Niagara or RIT......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pew...ature=youtu.be

Comment

If this team doesn`t start scoring 3 or more soon this is going to be another long year IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by jstadts View Post
                  If this team doesn`t start scoring 3 or more soon this is going to be another long year IMO.
                  If Perry doesn’t get that 4.38 GA down it won’t matter. I do (hope) think this will be a breakout wknd. scoring though.

Comment

i can`t comment on perry as i haven`t seen a minute of RPI hockey yet this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                      If Perry doesn’t get that 4.38 GA down it won’t matter. I do (hope) think this will be a breakout wknd. scoring though.
                      Well he doesn't play the game alone ...and he held the No 1 team to a one goal lead for most of the night last Saturday. He was hung out to dry on all but one of UNDs goals and saved several that he shouldn't have. This, despite his team only generating what 17 shots? Whatever we think of the 0-3 start,?the issue hasn't been goaltending. I know the staff thinks very highly of the kid. Hence the ice time.
                      ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                        Well he doesn't play the game alone ...and he held the No 1 team to a one goal lead for most of the night last Saturday. He was hung out to dry on all but one of UNDs goals and saved several that he shouldn't have. This, despite his team only generating what 17 shots? Whatever we think of the 0-3 start,?the issue hasn't been goaltending. I know the staff thinks very highly of the kid. Hence the ice time.
                        14 shots. No, Perry’s not solely to blame but the point still is, you can score 3 goals a game but if you’re giving up over 4 it doesn’t matter. That’s all I was saying. I still want to see Hack at least once this weekend though.

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ner-vs-niagara

Ed has notes about the Wiffen injury in here. Says he could be back as early as next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                            14 shots. No, Perry’s not solely to blame but the point still is, you can score 3 goals a game but if you’re giving up over 4 it doesn’t matter. That’s all I was saying. I still want to see Hack at least once this weekend though.
                            He still has a point that it isn't entirely goaltending's fault. On at least two of the Maine goals in the Saturday game, we turned over the puck behind our net. Even Patrick Roy can't save those. Obviously I have no idea how many had that happen in the Sioux game, but it still brings a point that you can't depend on goaltending alone.

Comment

Originally posted by rsfs04 View Post
                              http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...ner-vs-niagara

Ed has notes about the Wiffen injury in here. Says he could be back as early as next weekend.
                              Doesn't surprise me. Appert has a tendency to emphasize league play more than the NC games. Best to make sure he's ready when the only guaranteed road to the NCAA tournament matters.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                He still has a point that it isn't entirely goaltending's fault. On at least two of the Maine goals in the Saturday game, we turned over the puck behind our net. Even Patrick Roy can't save those. Obviously I have no idea how many had that happen in the Sioux game, but it still brings a point that you can't depend on goaltending alone.
                                Three games in, offense is averaging 1.67 goals/game and 1/19 (5.3 pct) on the PP. -30 in shots margin. This weekend is a good opportunity to reverse this trend.

Good news: 17/17 on the PK with 2 shorties.

Comment

Working...
                                X