Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by REDRocket View Post
    Linking this article proves that you are the turd sandwich everyone says you are.
    I 2nd the motion!

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I know I'm 3 weeks early, but as an entrant for Hate Union Week, what they say about the city: http://scorchedearthnews.com/2016/07...igh-aids-rate/

First of all, who's "they"? Elvis impersonators?

Second of all: How can it be the worst city in Upstate NY when Flaggy logic says it's not even "upstate?"
      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
          Was it noticeable on rpitv that Perry is still rocking his Wenatchee helmet?
          You won't see it again.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Todd Burgess (#30) is the only RPI player listed. At least Ken Schott knew that he wasn't playing.

30. Todd Burgess, RPI (OTT) – NAHL star and Arizona native has some scouts seeing another Jimmy Vesey-type of scorer.
            Last edited by Ralph Baer; 10-06-2016, 12:17 PM.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              You won't see it again.

...still has the wolf (lower right-hand corner) from the Wild.
              Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Troy, NY - RPI hockey coach Seth Appert won't name Chase Perry his starting goaltender for Friday's regular season opener -- yet. Even though Appert acknowledges the Colorado College transfer, and 2014 NHL Draft 5th round pick, has outperformed Cam Hackett during camp, he is still reserving judgement between now and when the Engineers take the ice Friday night in Orono against the Maine Black Bears..... http://cbs6albany.com/sports/content...on-orono-maine
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

http://www.troyrecord.com/sports/201...-maine-tonight

Weekend preview from Ed Weaver. I like Jake Hayhurst too.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                    ...still has the wolf (lower right-hand corner) from the Wild.
                    and a husky from Andover (MN) HS

Thankfully no Tiger for Colorado College.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post

Todd Burgess (#30) is the only RPI player listed. At least Ken Schott knew that he wasn't playing.
                      30. Todd Burgess, RPI (OTT) – NAHL star and Arizona native has some scouts seeing another Jimmy Vesey-type of scorer (Update: Burgess is out for the season after knee surgery. Oof.)

Comment

• Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                        30. Todd Burgess, RPI (OTT) – NAHL star and Arizona native has some scouts seeing another Jimmy Vesey-type of scorer (Update: Burgess is out for the season after knee surgery. Oof.)
                        Ralph mentioned this when he posted originally. Last sentence.
                        ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
                          Ralph mentioned this when he posted originally. Last sentence.
                          Yes but I’m just Posting to show the update that THN included regarding TB’s injury.

Comment

Oh hey, we can watch the 2nd period of last week's game! Just in case anyone's interested... http://www.rpitv.org/productions/114...ckey-vs-mcgill

Comment

OK, so what have we learned about this team thus far...

Attack (including PP): OK, so there was some improvement across the weekend. We finally figured out that we need to shoot the puck and get some movement in order to open the lanes. So their goalie made a lot of saves; that's going to happen. Yes you have to put some deception in to get him moving as well, but there's a balance, because too many moves gives your opponent an upper hand while you waste a lot of energy. I can understand wanting to make some passes, but hopefully we're not passing for the sake of passing.
                              Defend (including PK, although that really was solid): Not too bad, also had some growing pains but started to improve. Biggest hole I see is the team still depends WAY too much on the goalie. OK, so they had some blocked shots, that's all well and good. Still need to make sure we take care of the puck when we actually get a chance with it in the corner; two goals were given up by turnovers deep in our own end on Saturday, and I don't care if you have Dominik Hasek, you're not going to stop those when that happens.
                              Conditioning: Tank was empty in the third period. You want to blame it on the early season? I can buy that somewhat. They get 8 hours a week (2-a-day) from the start of the academic year until the official start of the season; how much of that is weight room, and how much is conditioning? Obviously we won't know because the D-I bylaws prohibit publishing that sort of info, but something to keep in mind. Hopefully we some improvement in this category, because we have a VERY LONG history of dreaded third periods, and this is the only thing I can chalk it up to.

Hopefully we can salvage a 2-3 start, otherwise this could be a long year.

Comment

I'm sure Niagara and RIT share your sentiment but you're right it is what it is. RIT gave up the AHC belt lest night spectacularly losing 6-5 after being up 5-1. Hope to be in Troy for the RPI - RIT tilt in a couple of weeks.
                                RPI Engineers
                                RIT Tigers
                                ARMY Black Knights

Comment

Working...
                                X