Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
    If you have the NHL TV package or you're in the MSG-Buffalo DMA, Jason Kasdorf is in net for the Sabers tonight vs. Leafs.
    A high tip-in, puck off the Buffalo Dman’s skate, Toronto plater left all by himself in front of J for an easy tap-in. 4th goal was added by Toronto in the last minute of the 1st. 4-1 Toronto. As the announcer said, ‘nothing Kasdorf could do on the first 3’.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
      A high tip-in, puck off the Buffalo Dman’s skate, Toronto plater left all by himself in front of J for an easy tap-in. 4th goal was added by Toronto in the last minute of the 1st. 4-1 Toronto. As the announcer said, ‘nothing Kasdorf could do on the first 3’.
      2nd period starts & Kazzy is on the bench.
      Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

anyone know if nodak rpi game will be on tv?

Comment

Who is this Kasdorf?
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

In honor of Cam Hackett, today is 1 October 2016. There is 1 day until RPI's next game.

This is based upon 2 October 2016 for the start of next season.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              In honor of Cam Hackett, today is 1 October 2016. There is 1 day until RPI's next game.

Unfortunately, I will not be around for tomorrows game, take good notes.
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                Unfortunately, I will not be around for tomorrows game, take good notes.
                There is a game tomorrow?
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Testing. Testing.

One! We want more!!

Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!Sieve!

Goooooooooooooooooal!!! Tironese!!!

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    Uh oh! Smiley! Can't have that, poor jericho will get offended...

Comment

Q-Pac just goy by McGill 2-1. Lot of SOG by Q, 40, so it looks like their G was pretty good. Lot of “Hitting after the whistle” penalties. Seemed to be more than usual CIS Teams with wins tonight over D1 schools.

Comment

Q-Pac just goy by McGill 2-1. Lot of SOG by Q, 40, so it looks like their G was pretty good. Lot of “Hitting after the whistle” penalties. Seemed to be more than usual CIS Teams with wins tonight over D1 schools.

That agrees with the lot of hitting after the whistle.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Check out some info in a thread 'Exhibition Scores' which appears here in the Division 1 section rather in Game Scores. Several CIS schools did win. Closer to home UQTR beat Clarkson, 4-3. One posting features scores from all of tonight's action; a second includes a summary of penalty minutes with several games featuring well over 100 PIMs with several majors called. It was suggested that NCAA referees were calling the games closely.

Comment

In honor of Seth Appert, John Burke, and their staffs, today is 2 October 2016. There are 0 days until RPI's next game.

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Was at the game -- McGill played very well in all zones, controlled play early in the first before things got feisty. Absolutely gooned it up, though. Game was out of control late in the 1st, refs tried to get the game back with some majors and a game misconduct, but things were pretty far gone. Shot numbers reflect the powerplay time and not much else. Quinnipiac did not have many good scoring chances, lots of weak perimeter shots.

RPI would be happy to escape without injury. Winning the game would be a bonus.
                              RPI Class of 2012
                              Visit rpitv.org to watch almost every RPI Hockey home game LIVE, as well as a huge collection of on demand games from this season and seasons past, all for FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by RHamilton View Post
                                Was at the game -- McGill played very well in all zones, controlled play early in the first before things got feisty. Absolutely gooned it up, though. Game was out of control late in the 1st, refs tried to get the game back with some majors and a game misconduct, but things were pretty far gone. Shot numbers reflect the powerplay time and not much else. Quinnipiac did not have many good scoring chances, lots of weak perimeter shots.

RPI would be happy to escape without injury. Winning the game would be a bonus.
                                It looks like there was a lot of chippiness in many games. The QU-McGill game was near the middle.
                                Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                                I looked at all the games played today and it appears that the NCAA is cracking down on all penalties and has also told the officials to call majors when warranted. Here are the games, PIMs and majors called:

New Brunswick at Merrimack - 172 PIM, 4 majors (hitting from behind, high sticking, slashing, contact to the head)
                                Windsor at Bowling Green - 168 PIM, 8 majors (5 fighting, 1 charging the goalie, 1 abuse of officials, 1 head-butting)
                                Western Ontario at Niagara - 161 PIM, 9 majors (8 facemasking, 1 slashing)
                                Prince Edward Island at Boston University - 122 PIM, 4 majors (2 roughing, 1 clipping, 1 hitting from behind)
                                Acadia at Northeastern - 114 PIM, 2 majors (contact to the head, facemasking)
                                Québec à Trois-Rivières at Clarkson - 69 PIM, 3 majors (2 roughing, 1 hitting from behind)
                                Brock at RIT - 67 PIM, 1 major (facemasking)
                                Dalhousie at Massachusetts - 66 PIM, 2 majors (hitting from behind)
                                Waterloo at Miami - 64 PIM, 2 majors (kneeing, cross-checking)
                                Guelph at Mercyhurst - 57 PIM, 1 major (checking from behind)
                                McGill at Quinnipiac - 54 PIM, 2 majors (elbowing, cross-checking)
                                Mount Royal at Denver - 51 PIM, 3 majors (boarding, checking from behind, fighting)
                                Concordia at Vermont - 48 PIM
                                Toronto at Western Michigan - 42 PIM
                                Carleton at Holy Cross - 37 PIM, 1 major (contact to the head - cross-checking)
                                St. Francis Xavier at Connecticut - 35 PIM, 1 major (contact to the head - high sticking)
                                Queen's at Robert Morris - 31 PIM, 1 major (infraction not listed)
                                Victoria at Wisconsin - 26 PIM
                                Manitoba at North Dakota - 20 PIM
                                Regina at Minnesota State - 20 PIM

Of the 20 games 15 had at least 1 major called and there were 44 majors called in total. It will be interesting to see how the 20 games Sunday are called and how the teams adjust to the officiating.

Sean
                                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Working...
                                X