Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Is that even legal? With a sport that the school does not offer the same for the other gender (i.e. football, field hockey, etc.) I could understand under Title IX, but we have ice hockey for both genders...
    I suspect that it is not legal and even if it is it wouldn't happen. As stated, the women's team needs their goalies and only has two themselves. A third is arriving in the fall.

BTW, Lovisa Selander, the women's #1 did play on a boy's team in Sweden. FWIW, a Swedish article which came out after she committed to RPI but before she arrived mentioned that some of her former male teammates had also played with Viktor Liljegren at some point.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DavidSec17 View Post
      Better yet, how about Appert puts on the gear? He was a goalie.☺
      I don't think he has remaining eligibility. Unlike the pros, it has to be a current student.

Comment

• Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        I don't think he has remaining eligibility. Unlike the pros, it has to be a current student.
        Anyone gonna have a 4-20 sign tonight
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by rvd5star69 View Post
          Anyone gonna have a 4-20 sign tonight
          So the one tie didn't exist?

No, I'm not going to this one. Wonder if anyone will start a "you're still barefoot" chant...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post

http://rpinfo.rpi.edu/people/kyle-o-st-denis

That would confirm Hackett is gone-gone, and Perry may be a flight risk.

Comment

is the program tapped out on # of players on scholarship?
                Class of '93

16 years at Section 9, Row D, Seats 1-4

Comment

Kyle St. Denis..... http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=377187 .............. http://www.usphl.com/news_article/sh...rer_id=2082268
                  Last edited by turk181; 01-19-2017, 02:40 PM.
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Actually come to think of it, it wouldn't necessarily mean Perry is a flight risk, and maybe St. Denis is just an interim goalie; perhaps he'll have the opportunity to try out as a walk-on vs. McBain.

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                      I would imagine so, but I would think that if Hackett is gone, St. Denis would take his scholly starting next year. Of course, there are people who know a lot more about this than me, so take that with a grain of sodium chloride.
                      Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                        I would imagine so, but I would think that if Hackett is gone, St. Denis would take his scholly starting next year. Of course, there are people who know a lot more about this than me, so take that with a grain of sodium chloride.
                        Wouldn't the scholarship go to the recruit instead, especially considering St. Denis is a true walk-on and may just end up the practice goalie?

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
                          Marshall is probably taking his scholarship for next year, or maybe both will be on partials.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ServinisScores View Post
                            We are nowhere near tapped out on the number of players who can receive scholarship money which is in the 30's, but we probably are on number of total scholarships.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From the directory

Kyle O. St. Denis
                              Business and Management

Hackett has not been removed.
                              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Is there any stream available for tonight's game in Albany?

Comment

Working...
                                X