Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lugnut92 View Post
    We may have been 4-22-1, but CLARKSON STILL SUCKS!
    Nice to see the boys win, really should've been 3-1 if Wiffen could've scored on the empty net. Have a feeling we'll be seeing Clarkson in the playoffs, so good to know you can beat them.

Also, 3rd straight good game from Perry, and 4th in the last 5. I think he's starting to play quite well.

Comment

• Re: RPI Hockey 2016 - 2017: Here we go again! I hope it's a fun ride.

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      Just to be clear, I am a supporter of the team, no matter their record, no matter their coach. Always will be regardless of my involvement or lack of. You say "Appert supporters" like it's a bad thing. The man has much more important things to worry about other than who supports him on a message board. Understand, or do I need to use all lower case letters with no punctuation?
      +2

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
        Just to be clear, I am a supporter of the team, no matter their record, no matter their coach. Always will be regardless of my involvement or lack of. You say "Appert supporters" like it's a bad thing. The man has much more important things to worry about other than who supports him on a message board. Understand, or do I need to use all lower case letters with no punctuation?
        think hes talking about me also a guy or gal that likes to disclose injuries on our players
        "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
          think hes talking about me also a guy or gal that likes to disclose injuries on our players
          How did you get it so the team loses, though? I sure as heck hope Autism Awareness has nothing to do with it, and I don't see how it could. And what sort of clout do you have on the signing of checks to Appert? I'm going to safely assume none, so you can't possibly be to blame for our record.

We may disagree on his effectiveness, but any accusations against you are preposterous.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
              Good work for Chase; I think it reflects team effort as well. Keep it up in February and the team will do some moving up.

Comment

Are they really going to do this?

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Well done, Tom!

Comment

Originally posted by fr. joe View Post
                      Well done, Tom!
                      Did you attend?
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Did you attend?
                        No. I had too much going on. Would have liked to go. Am happy to see Tom tapped as the presenter.

Comment

Sometime in the past, I think I've probably been told what "gg" stands for, but I've forgotten, so I've been under the assumption that it stands for "game-clinching goal."

I wouldn't think that was all that obnoxious a thing to say, but when I suggested it after RPI took the 5-2 lead this evening, I was advised that it would be bad manners.

Tell me again - what does "gg" mean, and why would it have been bad manners to use it on the rare and wonderful occasion when RPI took a commanding lead?

Comment

gg= good game
                            Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                              Sometime in the past, I think I've probably been told what "gg" stands for, but I've forgotten, so I've been under the assumption that it stands for "game-clinching goal."

I wouldn't think that was all that obnoxious a thing to say, but when I suggested it after RPI took the 5-2 lead this evening, I was advised that it would be bad manners.

Tell me again - what does "gg" mean, and why would it have been bad manners to use it on the rare and wonderful occasion when RPI took a commanding lead?
                              The abbreviation "gg" means "good game". In the gaming arena, it is typically sent to your opponent when you are about to lose or concede the game. Sort of like shaking hands when you concede in an out-of-reach curling match. By putting out "gg" when winning, although I'm sure many of us can attest to good sportsmanship, it is "bad manners" because of the aforementioned undertones, especially when the opponent technically hasn't been eliminated (although it's an almost foregone conclusion).

Comment

Off to the Field House tomorrow night for just the second time this year (1st was RIT). Let's go Cherry. I hope they make me feel very guilty for not just falling, but leaping, off the bandwagon at the end of the fall term. After 40+ years I'd never abandon the team (still tuned in every game or watched the replay), but I'd never felt so emotionally detached. Now I'm starting to feel irrational exuberance again......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X