Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by thomaa View Post
    Aren't you forgetting about the Marathon County Park Ice Arena??? Nearly kill you if not prepared....
    Will not forget that game...had frostbite by end of the first period!!
    SNC Men:
    Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
    NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
    SNC Women:
    O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

I've heard stories of Finlandia's arena from our faithful, where the locals came to the game on their snowmobiles, walked into the arena, and then brushed the frost off of their seats. Not exactly toasty there.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

MSOE plays in very nice building; if you want to experience the next freezer outside of Marathon Park in Wausau, that would be Dunn County Ice Rink home of UW Stout

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          I've heard stories of Finlandia's arena from our faithful, where the locals came to the game on their snowmobiles, walked into the arena, and then brushed the frost off of their seats. Not exactly toasty there.
          The frost on the seats is no joke. On the end of arena opposite the entrance there are some vents high up on the wall. If it's snowing outside...

Back when Joe Burcar had FU rolling the place could actually get fairly raucous. By dumb luck the one game I've been to there was the game they throttled MSOE 11-4 in the year they won the league title. '07 I think. Place was really going that night and that's a full blown hockey town. "FU! F who? FU that's who!"

Gustavus can be a great place to watch a game. When the Gusties are good it's one of, if not the best, in the West if it's the MIAC title game or a NCAA game. Have always really liked the rink as well. Sort of set down in a pit below the bleachers.

The one place I wouldn't go if atmosphere was my objective is SNC. Sorry guys, but most of the time that place is on par with a mausoleum. Now, if you want to see one of the best teams in the biz...then go to SNC. But for atmosphere? Not a lot going on, unfortunately. You guys need to get The Penguin and his cohorts back in there. And the guy who dressed up as Charlie Weis for Halloween, which still cracks me up...
          Last edited by XYZ; 09-21-2016, 12:34 AM.
          I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
            The frost on the seats is no joke. On the end of arena opposite the entrance there are some vents high up on the wall. If it's snowing outside...

Back when Joe Burcar had FU rolling the place could actually get fairly raucous. By dumb luck the one game I've been to there was the game they throttled MSOE 11-4 in the year they won the league title. '07 I think. Place was really going that night and that's a full blown hockey town. "FU! F who? FU that's who!"

Gustavus can be a great place to watch a game. When the Gusties are good it's one of, if not the best, in the West if it's the MIAC title game or a NCAA game. Have always really liked the rink as well. Sort of set down in a pit below the bleachers.

The one place I wouldn't go if atmosphere was my objective is SNC. Sorry guys, but most of the time that place is on par with a mausoleum. Now, if you want to see one of the best teams in the biz...then go to SNC. But for atmosphere? Not a lot going on, unfortunately. You guys need to get The Penguin and his cohorts back in there. And the guy who dressed up as Charlie Weis for Halloween, which still cracks me up...
            Do they still consider Caveman a visiting legend at Finlandia??
            SNC Men:
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post

Gustavus does have a nice facility.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post
                Gustavus does have a nice facility.
                The only MIAC facility that I have not been to yet..
                SNC Men:
                SNC Women:

Comment

I advise whoever is running the St. Norberts hockey twitter account to not to use "#family". Someone somewhere once tried to build an entire program behind such a pointless thing and it went up in flames. You have been warned. Which reminds me, have Donnie Hallmark's penalty minutes from Peters Cup game finished ticking off yet?
                  I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Originally posted by BetterInLakePlacid View Post
                    I advise whoever is running the St. Norberts hockey twitter account to not to use "#family". Someone somewhere once tried to build an entire program behind such a pointless thing and it went up in flames. You have been warned. Which reminds me, have Donnie Hallmark's penalty minutes from Peters Cup game finished ticking off yet?
                    Good to know. Thanks for the advice. Have a great season, old friend!

Donnie is still in the penalty box.

Comment

Good to know. Thanks for the advice. Have a great season, old friend!

Donnie is still in the penalty box.
                      If you guys sew "family" onto your warmups I will be convinced Norberts hired Wil Nichol as a top secret motivational guru. When do the team meditation sessions start?
                      I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

If you guys sew "family" onto your warmups I will be convinced Norberts hired Wil Nichol as a top secret motivational guru. When do the team meditation sessions start?
                        Already done. Meditation started last week and the boys have really taken to it!

I see Nichol is still associated with Point. Convinced the blue chipper Mullin to transfer over from MSOE. Just his type of guy.

Looking forward to catching up with you in person at Points opener. I'll buy you another one of those pretzels dipped in the nacho cheese sauce that you love so much. Remember when the Pointers knuckle bumped you after warm ups during that one game last season? That was amazing!

Comment

Already done. Meditation started last week and the boys have really taken to it!

I see Nichol is still associated with Point. Convinced the blue chipper Mullin to transfer over from MSOE. Just his type of guy.

Looking forward to catching up with you in person at Points opener. I'll buy you another one of those pretzels dipped in the nacho cheese sauce that you love so much. Remember when the Pointers knuckle bumped you after warm ups during that one game last season? That was amazing!
                          Well, your desire to be a bag isn't lost on me and I know what you did here. Looks like Mullan has about the same amount of penalty minutes over the past two years as Blake Thompson does. So what was your point again? Anyway, Mullan can behave or he can end up watching from the stands like Logan Lemirande did. I trust Brooks on these things you're either going to do it his way or not play so I'm not too worried about it his track record it speaks for itself when it comes to discipline.

As for the pretzels, we never get those but the kids always get slushies and the youngest always tries to finish his off my pouring it into his face. It never works but is pretty funny. About the pretzels and the fist bumps, I know and you know exactly who and what you are talking about and we both know that's about as classless as it can get. I look forward to your apology, otherwise I'll gladly explain why you've proven yourself to be a gutless piece of trash who needs to make references to people with disabilities so as to make yourself feel better in life. It's up to you, bag.
                          I'm Kent...Detlefsen?

I was there for 27/92.

Comment

Preview report from today's GB Press Gazette:

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...ions/92674500/
                            SNC Men:
                            SNC Women:

Comment

Well, your desire to be a bag isn't lost on me and I know what you did here. Looks like Mullan has about the same amount of penalty minutes over the past two years as Blake Thompson does. So what was your point again? Anyway, Mullan can behave or he can end up watching from the stands like Logan Lemirande did. I trust Brooks on these things you're either going to do it his way or not play so I'm not too worried about it his track record it speaks for itself when it comes to discipline.

As for the pretzels, we never get those but the kids always get slushies and the youngest always tries to finish his off my pouring it into his face. It never works but is pretty funny. About the pretzels and the fist bumps, I know and you know exactly who and what you are talking about and we both know that's about as classless as it can get. I look forward to your apology, otherwise I'll gladly explain why you've proven yourself to be a gutless piece of trash who needs to make references to people with disabilities so as to make yourself feel better in life. It's up to you, bag.
                              I'm not making fun of people with disabilities. I haven't been to a Point home game years, so I actually don't know the fella you're referencing. I'm making fun of tools like yourself who like to troll other teams threads because you're feeling good about yourself after your team finally put it back together after being perpetual losers for the last 20 years. Act like a child and I'll treat you like one. I'm sure your act is a big hit on the Plover comedy circuit.

I know Brooks is a good coach and I have nothing but respect for him.

If you look at the Frozen Four thread from last season I was probably one of the first to congratulate Point on their deserved championship. That's what this forum is supposed to be about, not your bush league trolling of other teams Twitter feeds.

I will not respond to you in this thread again.
                              Last edited by altazo; 10-28-2016, 11:12 PM.

Comment

I'm hoping the new #23 turns out like the old #23.
                                5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Working...
                                X