Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: St. Norbert 2016-17 Season Thread

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
    We were going to go, but tickets are sold out. If youre going to build a college arena of any type, put more than 550 GD seats in it.
    We'll have to watch SNC **** pound the evil empire online.
    Perhaps you should have planned ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernBlight View Post
      Perhaps you should have planned ahead.
      Perhaps I should have. It didnt come to mind until this week though that i may have wanted to go, so spare me your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
        We were going to go, but tickets are sold out. If youre going to build a college arena of any type, put more than 550 GD seats in it.
        We'll have to watch SNC **** pound the evil empire online.
        The need for an oversize home penalty box really cut into seating capacity.
        5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
        2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

The d core continues to get the job done.
          5x NCAA D3 Ice Hockey Champion: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
          2x Super Bowl Champion: XLII, XLVI

Comment

Way to go Knights! Great win,..........love it!

Comment

Such little chatter over such a big weekend lends me to thing SNC fans have come to expect their team to show up and win. First time SNC has won at Adrian. First time Adrian has been swept at home. Early to say they are for real, but makes them worth paying attention to, if you weren't already.

Comment

Originally posted by Real Old #35 View Post
                Such little chatter over such a big weekend lends me to thing SNC fans have come to expect their team to show up and win.
                This has been the prevailing sentiment for a while I think considering the lack of vocal support and energy from the fans at home games. In the section I sit every time someone yells something they get a dirty look from about 10 people. It's a hockey game, not study hall!

Comment

Originally posted by Real Old #35 View Post
                  Such little chatter over such a big weekend lends me to thing SNC fans have come to expect their team to show up and win. First time SNC has won at Adrian. First time Adrian has been swept at home. Early to say they are for real, but makes them worth paying attention to, if you weren't already.
                  I, for one, don't expect them to show up and win.

But, it's January. I see little need to get all braggy now, with lots of the season left - especially when we will likely see Adrian down the road again. Nothing wrong with enjoying the season while maintaining an even keel.
                  St. Norbert College Green Knights
                  NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                  NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                  NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                  ---
                  SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

I'm as into SNC hockey as I've ever been since I left the place.

I just think this forum (and maybe message boards in general) is dying. I don't think that's any secret to anyone who's been here for a while.

Comment

No doubt, a 'statement' weekend for the program...esp. when you realize that Adrian has only lost a total of 11 games at home in league play in their history..
                      Some positive signs are developing...have settled on the number one goalie: TJ Black, who has been spectacular...averaging less than one goal allowed per game..a .953 save % and a 10 - 0 - 1 overall record. His confidant play has allowed the overall D to play better...a trademark of the most successful SNC teams of the past.
                      Offense is getting timely scoring..
                      So, all and all, happy with where the team is at this point in the season...need to keep the intensity up.
                      SNC Men:
                      Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
                      NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
                      SNC Women:
                      O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

I just think this forum (and maybe message boards in general) is dying. I don't think that's any secret to anyone who's been here for a while.
                        Would say the same for the Oswego thread,no wheres near what it was even last year,and we have been ranked in the top 5 for awhile along with you guys,who knows??

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          Would say the same for the Oswego thread,no wheres near what it was even last year,and we have been ranked in the top 5 for awhile along with you guys,who knows??
                          Just takes effort. People who may want to join may look and see people not posting, so they don't join or post. But, the more people already here post, the more casual readers/perspective posters will want to join in. I think the Norwich thread has done a pretty decent job of getting new voices the past couple years (myself included), and I think that's largely due to people like Prez, Prof, and one or two others who post regularly. Just seeing them post made me think that there was someone here to talk to.
                          Norwich '13

2017-2018 Last Person Standing Champion

Comment

I just think the Internet is continuing to change and evolve.

Why would I check in on the scores thread here when I can get a rock solid connection to Tim D's call all season long now? Or if I want to check another score, the D3 hockey dot com's live scoreboard works great.

As for following SNC hockey specifically, I appreciate this thread, but I also talk to other SNC fans via other methods and do some instagram following.

Comment

Originally posted by altazo View Post

My 6th year, posting mostly on the Norwich thread, and it seems not to be significantly down from years past. But I would love to see post volumes from previous years to know if my perception is correct.
                              The "Miracle" was winning the Gold Medal Game against the Finns. I'm biased, I was there.

Comment

Good job to get back on track after last weekend's disaster. Nothing particularly stellar - good job shutting down the Jacks offense and taking advantage of the many penalties NC took.
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X